Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Thanks Thanks:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default A Message from Bill Hamilton, Director, Teamsters Express Division

As we all know, with the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) we find ourselves in very difficult and unprecedented times. I hope all of you are safe and I urge you to monitor and follow the necessary safety and health practices recommend by the CDC and various state and local government authorities. The situation is developing rapidly and we need to stay on top of things.

I would like to thank our members at AEI and DHL who are stepping up and making sure that necessary medicine, medical and safety equipment, and other critical goods, are transported and delivered. Express Division members are a critical component in making sure that we all get through this crisis. I am truly proud of the work that you are doing.

I have been in frequent contact with officials at both AEI and DHL Express. We have arrived at various understandings that are designed to provide safety and support for those employees impacted by COVID-19. Attendance policies are being relaxed so that people who are directly impacted by the virus should not disciplined. Likewise, paid leave provisions are being relaxed and enhanced in order to help alleviate the economic hardship on people who must miss work as a result of COVID-19. I will continue to discuss these issues with the companies as things develop. Furthermore, because each location is unique, many of these issues are being addressed on the local level as well. Employees should contact their Local Unions if they have any questions.
    https://teamster.org/news/2020/03/me...press-division

2. Likes fxstc07, 222lifer Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: A Message from Bill Hamilton, Director, Teamsters Express Division

Another update from Bill Hamilton. He talks of hiring more personnel at DHL in our area.

TEAMSTERS EXPRESS DIVISION UPDATE, JULY 16, 2020
    As the Covid-19 pandemic continues and is worsening in some parts of the country, I hope our Express Division Teamsters are staying healthy and as safe as possible.
    At DHL Express, shipping volumes are up drastically, especially in the Philadelphia area where I am. In Philadelphia, 49 additional full-time positions were filled on July 13, bringing the total to 160. And with volumes increasing, that number could go to 220 by September.
    The boom in e-commerce is driving these increased volumes. Before Covid, a peak day would be 4,000 to 5,000 stops in the Philadelphia area. We are now seeing 9,000 stops on a daily basis.
    The increased volumes are happening across the country, which will lead to an increase in overall jobs.
    The company has agreed to purchase more aircraft to move shipments, another positive sign.
    https://teamster.org/2020/07/teamste...-july-16-2020/