Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site upgrade this coming weekend

Collapse
X

• Site upgrade this coming weekend

I have put this off for several months but I have to make a site upgrade to stay updated for security and usability. The look this site has had for over 15 years will be changing to something that I do not like in any way better than what I have currently but its coming down to the cost and server upgrades that I have to be apart of and can not avoid this.

Since the transcontinental pipe line hack all server companies are in a scramble to upgrade the security of web servers and other private servers. I have to go along with them or close the site.

I have been running upgrades on a test site that I have for a few weeks now and I have a lot of the bugs worked out but there are several issues I have not been able to fix but its a work in progress.

Thanks
    Jimmy
    Last edited by Jimmy; 03-15-2022, 02:38 PM.

Re: Site upgrade this coming weekend

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    I have put this off for several months but I have to make a site upgrade to stay updated for security and usability. The look this site has had for over 15 years will be changing to something that I do not like in any way better than what I have currently but its coming down to the cost and server upgrades that I have to be apart of and can not avoid this.

Since the transcontinental pipe line hack all server companies are in a scramble to upgrade the security of web servers and other private servers. I have to go along with them or close the site.

I have been running upgrades on a test site that I have for a few weeks now and I have a lot of the bugs worked out but there are several issues I have not been able to fix but its a work in progress.

Thanks
    Jimmy
    Trust me Jimmy... I know what you're talking about... in spades!

Our server and site were hacked over a month ago and we decided to put our site to rest and that a 10 year run was long enough because that old school Teamster mentality is dying a slow death with each passing retirement and is a rare commodity in today's youth.

Comment

I did not wait until the weekend, I had time this morning before work to run the upgrade and test it out. Just give me time to work on the site now. It took years to get what I had before and its going to take time to get this site working like I want it to. Avatars are messed up during the upgrade.

Comment

For you tapatalk users I will try to install tapatalk for you on this site in a day or so. I will post in this thread when I get it working and please let me know how it is working for you?>>>????

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
          For you tapatalk users I will try to install tapatalk for you on this site in a day or so. I will post in this thread when I get it working and please let me know how it is working for you?>>>????
          so far Jimmy....not so good...trying to post...won't allow me....good luck

Comment

Docker posted a recent Caitlin Johnstone article in the Ukraine thread...that article's gone along with my comment...on least on my commuter...

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
              Docker posted a recent Caitlin Johnstone article in the Ukraine thread...that article's gone along with my comment...on least on my commuter...
              I cannot find it either.. But it was a interesting article

Comment

I changed servers today so there are a few posts that are gone since the post was made after the back up and move to the new server. Please post them again

Comment

I don have tapatalk working yet also

Comment

my hosting company took a back up and moved it, the took about 3 hours and post made during that time frame are gone if that makes sense to you

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                      I cannot find it either.. But it was a interesting article
                      No fear... whether you thnk it's a good thing or a bad thing... dockers here... lol

I re-posted that article back in the Ukraine thread...

Thanks for noticing that article... at least I'm useful at something for a change... lol

Comment

I told you not to buy that government computer at the Dollar General... lol

Comment

Ha-Ha-Ha!!!!!....Touche' Docker...with the extent of my knowledge of commuters and technology,I'd probably be the first 'sucker' on line at ''Dollar General Computer''

Comment

Originally posted by Docker View Post

No fear... whether you thnk it's a good thing or a bad thing... dockers here... lol

I re-posted that article back in the Ukraine thread...

Thanks for noticing that article... at least I'm useful at something for a change... lol

thanks

Comment

Anytime Jimmy... glad to help... I know what you're going through...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
                              x
                              x
                              Advanced Options
                              Rendering Options

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X