A 4 Million Mile Man !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 4 Million Mile Man !

Congratulations to Don Cook of Yellow's Bethlehem terminal.

4 Million Accident-Free Miles and Still Trucking at 79
    When Pennsylvania trucker Don Cook’s career odometer rolled over to 3 million miles without an accident, his company, YRC Freight (now Yellow Corp.), gave him a truck cab with his name on it, and a leather jacket with a patch reading “Three Million Miles Safe Driving.”
    Cook plans to keep rolling, too. His eyes and reflexes are sharp, and his love of the road burns as bright now as it did when he started trucking professionally 47 years ago.
    “I’m not retiring,” he said. “I’m still a young pup. And my wife would drive me crazy.”
    https://www.ttnews.com/articles/4-mi...ll-trucking-79

Re: A 4 Million Mile Man !

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Congratulations to Don Cook of Yellow's Bethlehem terminal.

4 Million Accident-Free Miles and Still Trucking at 79

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/4-mi...ll-trucking-79
    That's quite a feat having that many accident free miles. That being said I don't know weather to laugh or cry. There was a really nice guy that drove for Yellow out of Atlanta that made 3 trips to St. Louis a week and never missed a trip that died a few years ago and was still working, he was 80. After being back to work for a week after 13 weeks off for shoulder surgery retirement can't come fast enough for me, but maybe I'm a slacker. But there just has to be more to life than holding a steering wheel in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by unionman View Post
      That's quite a feat having that many accident free miles. That being said I don't know weather to laugh or cry. There was a really nice guy that drove for Yellow out of Atlanta that made 3 trips to St. Louis a week and never missed a trip that died a few years ago and was still working, he was 80. After being back to work for a week after 13 weeks off for shoulder surgery retirement can't come fast enough for me, but maybe I'm a slacker. But there just has to be more to life than holding a steering wheel in my humble opinion.
      I agree that there is a whole lot more to life than driving till you die.. Maybe this guy was lucky and didn't have to spend any time working the dock.. You don't see any guys working until their 80 driving a forklift.. But to each their own and congratulations to him ..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        I agree that there is a whole lot more to life than driving till you die.. Maybe this guy was lucky and didn't have to spend any time working the dock.. You don't see any guys working until their 80 driving a forklift.. But to each their own and congratulations to him ..
        That's a good point, where's the longevity awards for the dock workers and fork lift drivers, without them there's no jobs for the 80 year old drivers.

Comment

Working...
        X