Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    RDWY-YRC-HOLLAND

Default Massive Robert E. Lee Statue In Richmond, Va., Will Be Removed

Updated at 1:40 p.m. ET
    Virginia will remove a statue honoring Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee in the city of Richmond "as soon as possible," Gov. Ralph Northam announced Thursday.
    "Today, we're here to be honest about our past and talk about our future," Northam said, adding: "We have to confront where we've been in order to shape where we're going."
    The statue will be placed into storage, where it will remain until government leaders and the community can discuss its future, according to the governor.
    https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/86951...ill-be-removed

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Massive Robert E. Lee Statue In Richmond, Va., Will Be Removed

REMOVAL PUBLIC DISPLAYS OF THE CONFEDERATE BATTLE FLAG

Date Signed: 6/5/2020 | MARADMINS Number: 331/20

https://www.marines.mil/News/Message...e-battle-flag/

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Here in New Mexico we have statues of Don Juan Onate and Coronado. They bother me. If you read about the history of New Mexico, the Spanish explorers were brutal to the natives here. Don Juan Onate was the one that would cut of native's feet if they didn't do what he wanted them to do. All over the state we have super old church ruins, churches built by slave native labor under the control of the explorers and Franciscan priests. We also have a state park named after Coronado. I would love to see all that change. No matter their great exploration that took great courage, it is hard to separate it from what they did to the people that were already here. Just my thoughts.

4. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

You cannot erase history because it offends someone.. We should learn from history and not make the same mistakes that had been made in the past.. I hear how the confederate flag offends some and the statues that have been removed.
    Last edited by 222lifer; 06-07-2020 at 09:46 AM. Reason: This is a non political forum. Political content removed.

6. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    RDWY-YRC-HOLLAND

this thread is under review to be mover to the political forum. thanks

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

It appears that some are voicing opinions to change some military installations named after Confederate Generals.

Why it’s time to rename Army posts named for Confederates
    All service members swear an oath to support and defend the United States Constitution. The rights we have to share our struggles, voice our opinions, and gather to demand justice and equality are fundamental to our nation and must always be preserved. The unique role of the National Guard serves to ensure that it is.
    Within our formations, we have been encouraged by senior leaders to have difficult but necessary conversations about race. The openness and vulnerability of service members to share their stories and foster discussion should be commended. For those who have had these discussions, it is evident that, as leaders of a diverse organization, we all must do more.
    To address and root out systemic inequalities we will need action based on and the ideas and understanding generated from these conversations. An obvious place for the Army to act and make immediate changes would be to rename the 10 installations named for Confederate generals.
    We must reflect and look deeper at the time-period when the installations were named, between 1917 and 1942. It was a chapter in American history rife with increasing racial tension and efforts to oppress black Americans. Their efforts to advance equality were met with violent resistance, instances of lynching increased, and the Ku Klux Klan was revived and again rose to prominence. It was not a time of reconciliation; it was a time of segregation.
    https://www.armytimes.com/opinion/co...-confederates/

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    You cannot erase history because it offends someone.. We should learn from history and not make the same mistakes that had been made in the past.. I hear how the confederate flag offends some and the statues that have been removed.
    Are we now afraid of the truth?? Delete away..

10. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired

I often wonder how the people that believe these parts of history should be removed??? Rioting,looting and burning of business, would that occur if something that was part of their history,positive or negative was removed.
    Total BS,and nothing but pandering to their every wish.

12. Likes crazy Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I wonder why certain people have to turn everything into a political post? IMO this is more about history. My political views have nothing to do with saying certain people who did atrocities were elevated to such important status and maybe it is time to change that or at least give fairness to all involved in that time of history. Such as here in NM, if you are going to give such important status to Don Juan Onate or Coronado, then also give it to Native Warriors who led the pueblo revolt and chased the Spaniards out of New Mexico for quite some time. Is that being political or just stating that would should not continue to recognize only one side of history?

14. Likes 222lifer, fxstc07 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I wonder why certain people have to turn everything into a political post? IMO this is more about history. My political views have nothing to do with saying certain people who did atrocities were elevated to such important status and maybe it is time to change that or at least give fairness to all involved in that time of history. Such as here in NM, if you are going to give such important status to Don Juan Onate or Coronado, then also give it to Native Warriors who led the pueblo revolt and chased the Spaniards out of New Mexico for quite some time. Is that being political or just stating that would should not continue to recognize only one side of history?
    History without a doubt!!!
    Absolutely political as everything else is of late.IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast