Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Changes since MOU passed

Thread to post changes since extension was granted.

An operations manager was created in Reading and Camp Hill. Filled by existing management.
    So instead of having just a terminal manager they both have a TM and OM.

Our TM until Tuesday has a new job " bridging" the four. He now is domiciled in Camp Hill.

So it seems 3 new jobs have been created already.

Both Camp Hill and Reading have the lowest Operating ratios in New Penn.

If it works fix it?

Maybe upping operating costs will ensure that the regionals won't get that new "bonus" if we maintain a low OR.

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    newpenn

Default Re: Changes since MOU passed

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Thread to post changes since extension was granted.

An operations manager was created in Reading and Camp Hill. Filled by existing management.
    So instead of having just a terminal manager they both have a TM and OM.

Our TM until Tuesday has a new job " bridging" the four. He now is domiciled in Camp Hill.

So it seems 3 new jobs have been created already.

Both Camp Hill and Reading have the lowest Operating ratios in New Penn.

If it works fix it?

Maybe upping operating costs will ensure that the regionals won't get that new "bonus" if we maintain a low OR.
    Who cares about all of that. Why are you letting the company take a guy off of his bid and put him on another one? I am hearing about that out here.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Here's the part of the mou that no one will like, tm came out yesterday at the pre-shift to say "starting this Sun. any tardy and or UEA will be a warning letter", can you say FMLA? They've been letting guy's slide for a while now but since we signed our own death warrant with this latest Me Owe You they're going to tighten the screws a whole lot tighter.

DarkstarsDad

That was the point. Now they will drop 30 percent or so mostly old and non cdl I wager lol

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by VOTE NO! View Post
    Who cares about all of that. Why are you letting the company take a guy off of his bid and put him on another one? I am hearing about that out here.
    Guys are wrong if ya talk about the forced road bid.
    They think city extras get forced across job classes and onto the road. They do not. City extras get forced within city job classification. Junior most guy gets forced across job classes to fill vacant bids.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 02-07-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Local Union
    Employer
    newpenn

Guys are wrong if ya talk about the forced road bid.
    They think city extras get forced across job classes and onto the road. They do not. City extras get forced within city job classification. Junior most guy gets forced across job classes to fill vacant bids.
    that's a load of crap. what about the last six guys that were forced onto it? the company is trying to dictate who will be on a bid.
    Last edited by VOTE NO!; 02-07-2014 at 08:36 PM.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

O
    I suppose you are hearing about it from road guys.
    Road guys who must know the rules yet none steps up and takes the road steward position which has been vacant for more than 6 months. Next time you here them saying how it should be please tell them to take it because the BA suggests them go me with their issues. I' all do what I can but they should too especially since they' d like somehow to complain about a misconception they have.

Our bottom man on the list became a city extra a few months back.

An injury occurred which opened up a hold down bid and he took it.

A week or so ago a road man vacated his slot.
    He then comes on as city extra.

As per past grievances and practice our road slots must be filled. It was posted as available but nobody wanted it.

So the lowest city guy is forced. It doesn't matter if he had a bid or not. He is low man and the slot must be filled.

The misconception is that a city extra and not a city bid guy should fill the vacant road slot.

When we bid we have city/ dock bids, a city extra board sheet, and a road board, which is a road extra board at this terminal. It is just signed in seniority order. We have no road bids, destination bids, or time bids. It is also an extra board.

So we have city/ dock bids plus the city extra board in the city job classic action.

And we have a road extra board on our road job classification.

City extras can be forced onto vacant CITY bids if nobody signs them. The bottom extra would be forced onto an unsigned bid.

The misconception is that they should also be forced on vacant in signed road bids. This is NOT the case because at annual bid time they did bid on a bid with possible forcing on unwanted vacant bids......but their seniority was exercised to bid on the CITY job classification not the road job classification.

Therefore when a road slot is vacant and nobody wants it the bottom of the city list must fill it. And the guy you talk about is the lowest man on the entire terminal list.

If ya'd like the road steward position come on over.
    If ya want the city steward position do the same. Put in your 100 days and I'll nominate ya.

8. Likes N/A Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

that's a load of crap. what about the last six guys that were forced onto it? the company is trying to dictate who will be on a bid.
    The last 4 guys were put on the list early to fill vacated road bids and they all quit. One of them twice....4 new hires in about a year.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

I don't think the company would have had any problem with any of the last new hires who quit being on any bids. And not this newest either.

I think the problem comes from jealous guys who would like to see the senior extras who come in regularly as early as our early bids. They start at five a lot a couple of them. Maybe lower guys want them spots. Maybe guys senior to the do but without seniority for the early bids. Maybe they want them forced on the road so they can move up the extra board and get called in earlly. We have a lot of nine hour bids...maybe they want extra board pay which I'd eight hour pay..........

That stuff is the real deal for complaining....not that the company is controlling who gets the crappy bids the bottom guys get. That's makarkey.

Local Union
    Employer
    newpenn

O
    I suppose you are hearing about it from road guys.
    Road guys who must know the rules yet none steps up and takes the road steward position which has been vacant for more than 6 months. Next time you here them saying how it should be please tell them to take it because the BA suggests them go me with their issues. I' all do what I can but they should too especially since they' d like somehow to complain about a misconception they have.

Our bottom man on the list became a city extra a few months back.

An injury occurred which opened up a hold down bid and he took it.

A week or so ago a road man vacated his slot.
    He then comes on as city extra.

As per past grievances and practice our road slots must be filled. It was posted as available but nobody wanted it.

So the lowest city guy is forced. It doesn't matter if he had a bid or not. He is low man and the slot must be filled.

The misconception is that a city extra and not a city bid guy should fill the vacant road slot.

When we bid we have city/ dock bids, a city extra board sheet, and a road board, which is a road extra board at this terminal. It is just signed in seniority order. We have no road bids, destination bids, or time bids. It is also an extra board.

So we have city/ dock bids plus the city extra board in the city job classic action.

And we have a road extra board on our road job classification.

City extras can be forced onto vacant CITY bids if nobody signs them. The bottom extra would be forced onto an unsigned bid.

The misconception is that they should also be forced on vacant in signed road bids. This is NOT the case because at annual bid time they did bid on a bid with possible forcing on unwanted vacant bids......but their seniority was exercised to bid on the CITY job classification not the road job classification.

Therefore when a road slot is vacant and nobody wants it the bottom of the city list must fill it. And the guy you talk about is the lowest man on the entire terminal list.

If ya'd like the road steward position come on over.
    If ya want the city steward position do the same. Put in your 100 days and I'll nominate ya.
    You are wrong. when a bid needs to be filled, bottom guy on the extra board fills it. that's the way it has always been done. its like that everywhere. and its been done in reading the same way until now. i'm done with this. Peace and Love, Peace and Love.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast