Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.

Thread: New equipment ?

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default New equipment ?

Had dinner with several old friends last night. Found out New Penn has some new trucks, Macks, with automatic transmissions. Heard Cinnaminson is still in turmoil. They have had 4 different TM's over the last 2 years. Currently a regional manager is running the show because another replacement hasn't been picked. Also heard New Penn is running ads on local radio ( not a station I ever tune in ) advertising for drivers.
    All combined, it doesn't say much for a once proud and profitable company. Morale must still be in the tank, and they can't even get drivers.
    Wish all the guys the best.

2. Likes 2631, slavenomore, 222lifer, BilyWamBam Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: New equipment ?

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Had dinner with several old friends last night. Found out New Penn has some new trucks, Macks, with automatic transmissions. Heard Cinnaminson is still in turmoil. They have had 4 different TM's over the last 2 years. Currently a regional manager is running the show because another replacement hasn't been picked. Also heard New Penn is running ads on local radio ( not a station I ever tune in ) advertising for drivers.
    All combined, it doesn't say much for a once proud and profitable company. Morale must still be in the tank, and they can't even get drivers.
    Wish all the guys the best.
    Thank you Dollar Bill.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

4. Likes fxstc07, slavenomore Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Morale is low. They took lots of our terminals work. Costs go up..and here we stay. I doubt our guys would be. happy elsewhere either.or else they would've went. New Macks. New big ugly 53's with goofy long plastic underneath.....a write up waiting to happen. New 45's and even a 45' Liftgate. Our liftgates were 40'...more more more.
    If we were at our payrates we were supposed to be at....I think there'd be happier guys.

6. Likes BilyWamBam Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Morale is low. They took lots of our terminals work. Costs go up..and here we stay. I doubt our guys would be. happy elsewhere either.or else they would've went. New Macks. New big ugly 53's with goofy long plastic underneath.....a write up waiting to happen. New 45's and even a 45' Liftgate. Our liftgates were 40'...more more more.
    If we were at our payrates we were supposed to be at....I think there'd be happier guys.
    It's the same here. Morale is low. They can't hire quality employees with the low starting wage. The benefits of our fantastic insurance doesn't draw young CDL holders. They think they're invincible and don't need it. Same for their future. Retirement savings? What's that? They're all about the Benjamin's in their pockets.

8. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Wages restored, pension restored, healthcare the same......get rid of the 53 and stop stacking stuff.....and we'd be making money again and guys would be happy.....the 53 cause to many delays.......and then there is no time in the day to make up for those delays.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Wages restored, pension restored, healthcare the same......get rid of the 53 and stop stacking stuff.....and we'd be making money again and guys would be happy.....the 53 cause to many delays.......and then there is no time in the day to make up for those delays.
    Leave it to the mismanagement of YRC to destroy what gave you the lions share of the market. You sold service. Load it and run it. Pretty simple. To much for them to comprehend.

11. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Leave it to the mismanagement of YRC to destroy what gave you the lions share of the market. You sold service. Load it and run it. Pretty simple. To much for them to comprehend.
    You hit the nail on the head. Service ! If the trailer wasn't full to a destination, close the door and send it. No need to cube it out. No, or little damage either.
    It worked for decades, but the suits thought they had a better way. Their way lost customers, damaged freight and made New Penn like every other freight carrier. Nothing special.

13. Likes 222lifer, slavenomore Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. Service ! If the trailer wasn't full to a destination, close the door and send it. No need to cube it out. No, or little damage either.
    It worked for decades, but the suits thought they had a better way. Their way lost customers, damaged freight and made New Penn like every other freight carrier. Nothing special.
    Remember the days of 24 -25 inbound loads to Buffalo,Rochester used to send guys in with mty's to pull xtra loads out.Company was operating in the high 70's or low 80's.Yellow's suits ruined a very profitable company as the also have with Holland,what a shame.

15. Likes slavenomore, crazy Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by 1484-1075 View Post
    Remember the days of 24 -25 inbound loads to Buffalo,Rochester used to send guys in with mty's to pull xtra loads out.Company was operating in the high 70's or low 80's.Yellow's suits ruined a very profitable company as the also have with Holland,what a shame.
    YRC's suits....They ruin everything they touch.

17. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    YRC's suits....They ruin everything they touch.

Found this story from long before me working at New Penn:
    empty
    In 1990, New Penn's operating ratio was 79.3, far and away the best among the top 100 carriers in the nation. In addition, their loss-claim ratio continues to among the best among LTL carriers.