Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: New equipment ?

  1. #1
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    18,473
    Rep Power
    400

    Default New equipment ?

    Had dinner with several old friends last night. Found out New Penn has some new trucks, Macks, with automatic transmissions. Heard Cinnaminson is still in turmoil. They have had 4 different TM's over the last 2 years. Currently a regional manager is running the show because another replacement hasn't been picked. Also heard New Penn is running ads on local radio ( not a station I ever tune in ) advertising for drivers.
    All combined, it doesn't say much for a once proud and profitable company. Morale must still be in the tank, and they can't even get drivers.
    Wish all the guys the best.

  2. Likes 2631, slavenomore, 222lifer, BilyWamBam Liked this post
  3. #2
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    29,015
    Rep Power
    1196

    Default Re: New equipment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Had dinner with several old friends last night. Found out New Penn has some new trucks, Macks, with automatic transmissions. Heard Cinnaminson is still in turmoil. They have had 4 different TM's over the last 2 years. Currently a regional manager is running the show because another replacement hasn't been picked. Also heard New Penn is running ads on local radio ( not a station I ever tune in ) advertising for drivers.
    All combined, it doesn't say much for a once proud and profitable company. Morale must still be in the tank, and they can't even get drivers.
    Wish all the guys the best.
    Thank you Dollar Bill.

    Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

  4. Likes fxstc07, slavenomore Liked this post
  5. #3
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    15,119
    Rep Power
    961

    Default Re: New equipment ?

    Morale is low. They took lots of our terminals work. Costs go up..and here we stay. I doubt our guys would be. happy elsewhere either.or else they would've went. New Macks. New big ugly 53's with goofy long plastic underneath.....a write up waiting to happen. New 45's and even a 45' Liftgate. Our liftgates were 40'...more more more.
    If we were at our payrates we were supposed to be at....I think there'd be happier guys.

  6. Likes BilyWamBam Liked this post
  7. #4
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    29,015
    Rep Power
    1196

    Default Re: New equipment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Morale is low. They took lots of our terminals work. Costs go up..and here we stay. I doubt our guys would be. happy elsewhere either.or else they would've went. New Macks. New big ugly 53's with goofy long plastic underneath.....a write up waiting to happen. New 45's and even a 45' Liftgate. Our liftgates were 40'...more more more.
    If we were at our payrates we were supposed to be at....I think there'd be happier guys.
    It's the same here. Morale is low. They can't hire quality employees with the low starting wage. The benefits of our fantastic insurance doesn't draw young CDL holders. They think they're invincible and don't need it. Same for their future. Retirement savings? What's that? They're all about the Benjamin's in their pockets.

    Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

  8. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
  9. #5
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    15,119
    Rep Power
    961

    Default Re: New equipment ?

    Wages restored, pension restored, healthcare the same......get rid of the 53 and stop stacking stuff.....and we'd be making money again and guys would be happy.....the 53 cause to many delays.......and then there is no time in the day to make up for those delays.

  10. #6
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    29,015
    Rep Power
    1196

    Default Re: New equipment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Wages restored, pension restored, healthcare the same......get rid of the 53 and stop stacking stuff.....and we'd be making money again and guys would be happy.....the 53 cause to many delays.......and then there is no time in the day to make up for those delays.
    Leave it to the mismanagement of YRC to destroy what gave you the lions share of the market. You sold service. Load it and run it. Pretty simple. To much for them to comprehend.

    Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

  11. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
  12. #7
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    18,473
    Rep Power
    400

    Default Re: New equipment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Leave it to the mismanagement of YRC to destroy what gave you the lions share of the market. You sold service. Load it and run it. Pretty simple. To much for them to comprehend.
    You hit the nail on the head. Service ! If the trailer wasn't full to a destination, close the door and send it. No need to cube it out. No, or little damage either.
    It worked for decades, but the suits thought they had a better way. Their way lost customers, damaged freight and made New Penn like every other freight carrier. Nothing special.

  13. Likes 222lifer, slavenomore Liked this post
  14. #8
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Local Union
    375
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired
    Location
    NEAR BUFFALO
    Posts
    2,014
    Rep Power
    157

    Default Re: New equipment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. Service ! If the trailer wasn't full to a destination, close the door and send it. No need to cube it out. No, or little damage either.
    It worked for decades, but the suits thought they had a better way. Their way lost customers, damaged freight and made New Penn like every other freight carrier. Nothing special.
    Remember the days of 24 -25 inbound loads to Buffalo,Rochester used to send guys in with mty's to pull xtra loads out.Company was operating in the high 70's or low 80's.Yellow's suits ruined a very profitable company as the also have with Holland,what a shame.

  15. Likes slavenomore, crazy Liked this post
  16. #9
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    29,015
    Rep Power
    1196

    Default Re: New equipment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1484-1075 View Post
    Remember the days of 24 -25 inbound loads to Buffalo,Rochester used to send guys in with mty's to pull xtra loads out.Company was operating in the high 70's or low 80's.Yellow's suits ruined a very profitable company as the also have with Holland,what a shame.
    YRC's suits....They ruin everything they touch.

    Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

  17. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
  18. #10
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    15,119
    Rep Power
    961

    Default Re: New equipment ?

    Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    YRC's suits....They ruin everything they touch.

    Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    Found this story from long before me working at New Penn:
    empty
    In 1990, New Penn's operating ratio was 79.3, far and away the best among the top 100 carriers in the nation. In addition, their loss-claim ratio continues to among the best among LTL carriers.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •