Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default First Student Bus drivers

CONCORD — A savings and investment plan for Teamsters members in New England has filed a civil suit in U.S. District Court claiming the company, which provides school bus transportation for students throughout the Lakes Region, has shorted on paying pension benefits.

First Student Inc., headquartered in Cincinnati, is a national provider of school bus transportation. In the Lakes Region, the company is under contract as the carrier for students in the Inter-Lakes, Laconia and Shaker Regional School Districts.

In a complaint dated Sept. 9, New England Teamsters Savings and Investment Plan, based in Manchester, and Jeffrey Padellaro, who chairs its Board of Trustees, charge that First Student has failed to pay matching contributions to help fund 401K retirement benefits.
    Busing company underpaid pension plan, suit claims | September 13, 2016 | www.citizen.com | Laconia Citizen

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Busing company underpaid pension plan, suit claims

Shorted the pension fund? Imagine that?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

(SOUTH EASTON, Mass.) – Workers in the South Easton area have organized and ratified a first contract at two separate bus companies with the assistance of Local 653.

On Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2016, school bus mechanics at First Student voted to join Local 653 in South Easton, Mass. There are seven workers in the bargaining unit. This victory comes on the heels of 56 drivers and monitors at Lucini Bus Lines voting to ratify their first contract following an organizing victory in May 2016 at the Bridgewater, Mass., transit company. The new agreement contains increases in wages, guaranteed hours and paid holidays.

“Organizing with the Teamsters and ratifying this contract has changed my professional life,” said Melanie Cataldo, a driver with Lucini. “We’re going to get improved safety rules in a legally binding document and will be able to have seniority rights respected when it comes to bidding for routes. I’m very grateful that we decided to unite for better working conditions.
    https://teamster.org/news/2016/09/te...s-and-monitors

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Local 653 First Student Mechanics Ratify First Contract

"School bus mechanics represented by Teamsters Local 653 in South Easton, Mass. voted in favor of a first contract with First Student. The contract, which covers First Student mechanics at three school bus lots, includes wage increases, health care and other improvements.

The mechanics joined the union late last year seeking better pay, benefits and safer working conditions. They voted on Monday to ratify the new contract.

“We are very pleased with the outcome of negotiations in this agreement,” said Brian McElhinney, President of Local 653. “First Student mechanics at the Pembroke, Plymouth and Whitman/Hanson locations now have the protection and security of a strong Teamster contract.”

https://teamster.org/news/2017/11/lo...first-contract

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

"On Nov. 9, school bus drivers at First Student in Chicago voted 67-6 to join Teamsters Local 777. The drivers will join hundreds of First Student school bus workers currently represented by Local 777.

The Teamsters Union represents tens of thousands of hardworking school bus drivers, aides, monitors and attendants nationwide.

The Chicago drivers will immediately be covered by the existing First Student National Master Agreement, which provides workers with industry-leading job protections. A local supplemental agreement will be negotiated to cover wages, benefits and additional work protections."

https://teamster.org/news/2017/11/ch...join-teamsters

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

6. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Chicago First Student Drivers Vote Overwhelmingly to Join Teamsters

These school bus drivers need a union.
    The scabby outfits around here advertise "no union" to attract drivers for low pay, short hours and no benefits.
    Yet place all the responsibility on them. They in turn drive dangerously, speed and act in unprofessional ways.

Posted Nov 15 - A school bus driver who had five children aboard when she was recorded driving 80 mph on Route 18 Tuesday morning has been fired, according to company officials.

A woman who answered the phone at Shamrock Stagecoach in Keansburg on Wednesday told NJ Advance Media the driver was "terminated," before ending the conversation.
    Yep ... real safe driving there.

School bus driver fired after driving 80 mph with kids aboard | NJ.com

8. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

(WESTMONT, Ill.) – With more than 80 percent voting in favor of union representation, school bus monitors at First Student in Westmont, Ill. have become the newest members of Teamsters Local 777.

“These workers have spoken loud and clear,” said Jim Glimco, President of Local 777. “They want the same benefits enjoyed by a vast majority of the First Student drivers and monitors in DuPage County who are covered by a Teamster contract.”

The workers will immediately be covered by the First Student National Master Agreement. With the addition of the Westmont yard, the Teamsters now represent every single First Student bus monitor in DuPage County.
    https://teamster.org/news/2018/04/fi...ters-local-777

10. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Teamsters Ratify Contract at First Student of Sudbury, Mass.

(SUDBURY, Mass.) – First Student drivers in Sudbury, Mass. represented by Teamsters Local 170 have voted overwhelmingly to ratify their first collective bargaining agreement.

“These workers heard about the benefits of Teamster membership at First Student, they went through the process of organizing, and their hard work at the negotiating table paid off,” Local 170 Secretary-Treasurer Shannon George said. “I’d like to thank Business Agents Jim Marks and Ken Bergen for all of their hard work on negotiating this agreement.”

The contract includes a number of substantial benefits, including initial wage increases of at least 7.6 percent and a total wage increase of 18.8 percent over the lifetime of the contract. It also includes an increase in the percentage of health care costs covered by the company, an increase in the minimum guaranteed paid hours per day and an increase in both holidays and company buyback of sick time.
    “I’ve never been in a union; I didn’t know what to expect, but just sitting with them in negotiations, it stuck out in my mind that these are great, passionate, powerful members,” Civitarese said. “This contract is very strong and it will help us retain drivers. I would love to do this again, only now with the knowledge I have gained from these negotiations.”
    https://teamster.org/news/2019/01/te...t-sudbury-mass

12. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

NORTH HAMPTON, N.H., Jan. 30, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- First Student bus drivers at the North Hampton, N.H. facility voted overwhelmingly to be represented by Teamsters Local 633. The workers provide student transportation services to the New Hampshire seacoast.

Business Agent Keith Judge and Field Representative Roger Travers successfully organized the yard under the direction and support of Local 633 Secretary-Treasurer Jeff Padellaro.

"It was a team effort by all involved; we welcome our brothers and sisters at this location into the Teamsters' family and we look forward to negotiating a strong contract for our newest members," Padellaro said. "I am proud to announce that First Student is wall-to-wall Teamsters throughout the state of New Hampshire. I want to thank Keith Judge, Roger Travers, and Shawn Gilman for their efforts in organizing this location. I would also be remiss if I did not recognize the efforts of the Local 633 shop stewards and members who contributed their time and effort to this great organizing victory. Member-to-member organizing is the most effective tool we have."
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300787083.html

14. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

(IRVING, TX) – By a margin of over 95 percent, more than 150 school bus drivers and monitors at First Student of Irving, Texas voted to join Teamsters Local 745. The drivers and monitors provide student transportation services for Irving Independent School District.

“These workers have spoken candidly,” said Brent Taylor, Secretary-Treasurer of Local 745. “What our newest members have said is that they want the job security, representation and on-the-job improvements that are guaranteed in writing with a Teamster contract at First Student.”

The Teamsters represent more than 22,000 workers at First Student. The drivers and monitors from the Irving yard will be immediately covered by the existing First Student National Master Agreement, which provides workers with industry-leading job protections.

A local supplemental agreement will be negotiated to cover wages, benefits and additional work protections. Felicia Barnett and Bessie Young are drivers at the Irving yard who said that they are looking forward to collective bargaining.
    https://teamster.org/news/2019/05/wo...ters-local-745

16. Likes 222lifer Liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast