Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: As Nabisco Ships 600 Jobs Out of Chicago to Mexico, Maybe Itís Time To Give Up Or

Our Response to the Offshoring of 600 Oreos Jobs Should Be International Solidarity, Not a Boycott

I agree with this to some extent. We do as a global world need to protect workers everywhere but for the right here and now, I do think a boycott is the most immediate action that can be taken.
    In a widely shared In These Times article from earlier this year, Marilyn Katz laments the news that Nabisco is closing down some of its production lines in Chicago and replacing them with new facilities in Mexico. Six hundred Chicago workers are losing their jobs as a result. Katz calls for a boycott of Oreos in protest of this “offshoring.”

This article went viral among progressives, with many declaring they would join the boycott. But progressives are not alone. In an interview not long after Katz’s article, Donald Trump also condemned Nabisco for moving manufacturing to Mexico and taking jobs away from Chicago workers. He, too, swears off of Oreos.
    Of course, the neoliberal global economy is indeed intolerably unjust to workers both here in the U.S. and in low-income countries. The culprit is the intense competition that has taken place under neoliberalism, which pits workers against each other in a global race to the bottom in wages and working conditions.
    Our Response to the Offshoring of 600 Oreos Jobs Should Be International Solidarity, Not a Boycott - Working In These Times

2. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    bean

Default Re: As Nabisco Ships 600 Jobs Out of Chicago to Mexico, Maybe Itís Time To Give Up Or

The city of Chicago is a total financial disaster. High property tax, The highest corporate tax in the country, $100 billion of public pension debt but teachers still threatening to strike. Who in their right mind would want to live or own a business in Chicago, the land of democrat controlled disasters?

Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    The city of Chicago is a total financial disaster. High property tax, The highest corporate tax in the country, $100 billion of public pension debt but teachers still threatening to strike. Who in their right mind would want to live or own a business in Chicago, the land of democrat controlled disasters?
    Hey bean, that's because it all goes to the politicians that are collecting their pension after their terms and then they blame the Teachers and city workers for all the pension...

I would gladly Vote to cut the politicians pension to an average pension fund like the real city workers, equality.
    Last edited by 222lifer; 12-20-2015 at 03:18 PM.

5. Likes fxstc07, 222lifer Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

What has this to do with Nabisco sending jobs to Mexico??? And don't tell me the taxes!! These jobs were going because the CEO is maximizing profits for her own account ..

bean

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    What has this to do with Nabisco sending jobs to Mexico??? And don't tell me the taxes!! These jobs were going because the CEO is maximizing profits for her own account ..
    It has all to do with Nabisco sending jobs to Mexico.. $100B in unfunded public union pensions. High corporate taxes. High labor cost. Who's paying for this? Add it up. There are only three dots

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

It has all to do with Nabisco sending jobs to Mexico.. $100B in unfunded public union pensions. High corporate taxes. High labor cost. Who's paying for this? Add it up. There are only three dots
    Even if you were correct about the unfunded pensions it is not the reasons she moved the jobs to Mexico.. It was about HER bottom line and the bonus she would get... Why is it every topic you come back with something negative about public employees pensions.. You have to give it a rest..

9. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
    bean

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Even if you were correct about the unfunded pensions it is not the reasons she moved the jobs to Mexico.. It was about HER bottom line and the bonus she would get... Why is it every topic you come back with something negative about public employees pensions.. You have to give it a rest..
    Okay, if you don't agree with it, I'll give it a rest. But remember, if you don't agree with me your probably wrong

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

International Food Workers Show Solidarity with Chicago Nabisco Workers
    The International Union of Food Workers (IUF) and the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers (BCTGM) have affirmed their solidarity with employees of Mondelēz International, the maker of Nabisco products, around the world. The state of Illinois has given Nabisco/Mondelēz millions of dollars in public assistance and tax breaks. BCTGM represents some 4,000 Mondelēz workers. The company has asked for massive concessions from employees that BCTGM says would amount to lost wages and benefits of $22–$29 per hour, per employee, and would lead to hundreds of lost jobs. In July, the company moved hundreds of jobs from Chicago to Mexico, jobs that were mostly held by African American and Latino workers before the move. They are represented by BCTGM Local 300 in Chicago. Most of them are also over the age of 40, a surprisingly disproportionate targeting of experienced and valuable employees.
    International Food Workers Show Solidarity with Chicago Nabisco Workers

12. Likes fxstc07, 222lifer Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Solidarity. A word that should be heard more often than it is now.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

14. Likes ABFwife, fedexnuno Liked this post
    bean

The BCTGM are the slugs that shut Hostess down. Correct that, I should say BCTGM president who then retired after destroying 18,500 union jobs many of which were teamster drivers. Yet today all Hostess and Drake cake products are back on the shelves made and delivered by non-union. A terrible situation

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast