Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: U.S. Supreme Court Decision Will Impact Workers’ Wages & Benefits

Attacks on US Public Workers and Unions Intensify
    The destruction of unions in the U.S. has been going on for decades, steadily intensifying since the 1970s. But recent, and pending, U.S. Supreme Court decisions are now leading a new, intensive attack on unionization in the U.S.

The latest is the pending decision by the U.S. Supreme Court in the case, “Friedrichs vs. California Teachers Association,” which targets teachers and other public workers and their unions. The decision immediately affects 10.7 million teachers in the U.S., and potentially a further 10 million state and local public workers who are, or might be, in unions.
    http://www.telesurtv.net/english/new...0127-0016.html
    Last edited by ABFwife; 01-28-2016 at 11:37 AM.

bean

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Attacks on US Public Workers and Unions Intensify

"http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Attacks-on-US-Public-Workers-and-Unions-Intensify-20160127-0016.html".
    This would amount to a major bombing of bargaining power for the teachers union if the court rules a-gainst them. Not just in California

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Good commentary and I couldn't agree more with the writer.

The Labor Movement’s Pearl Harbor Moment
    War can sneak up on you. And now unions are scrambling desperately for shelter, realizing they were in the crosshairs just as the Supreme Court was about to pull the trigger. After dreamily sleepwalking in denial, unions were shocked and awed awake by the Supreme Court’s hearing of “Friedrichs vs. California Teachers Association.”

If unions lose Friedrichs, the nuclear fallout might ruin unions for a generation, or more. Some unions seem shell shocked by the existential threat posed by Friedrichs, paralyzed by the Court’s intention to declare total class war. But war demands either surrender or a fight.

A red alert should be broadcasted across every union hall in the country and to the broader public, since Friedrichs is an attack on all working people. Union memberships must be educated about the dire urgency of Friedrichs, and be engaged in creating and implementing the strategy to defeat the enemy. By directly engaging members and publicly mobilizing BEFORE the decision in June, Friedrichs can be defeated.
    The Labor Movement

bean

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Good commentary and I couldn't agree more with the writer.

The Labor Movement’s Pearl Harbor Moment

If unions lose Friedrichs, the nuclear fallout might ruin unions for a generation, or more.
    The Labor Movement
    ahh! the nuclear fallout might ruin the teachers unions bargaining clout for a generation, or more. But the teachers union will always be there to protect teachers jobs who choose not to pay dues

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

A negative decision will have an adverse effect on ALL Unions. One more piece of the puzzle bean. Dust off your kneepads and hoist those corporate pom pom's bean. So many unions to piss on, so little time for buster bean.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

bean

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    A negative decision will have an adverse effect on ALL Unions. One more piece of the puzzle bean. Dust off your kneepads and hoist those corporate pom pom's bean. So many unions to piss on, so little time for buster bean.

You piss on choice, you are a communist not a unionist, you piss on the 1st Amendment you are anti-America. I piss on Obama

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    You piss on choice, you are a communist not a unionist, you piss on the 1st Amendment you are anti-America. I piss on Obama
    You in a closed shop state flatknees?

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

I piss on scabs bean. Always have, always will. I'll give you a choice. It's a union barn. If you take the job you pay union dues. No freeriders. I'll help you find your wallet. You don't like unions? You don't want to pay union dues? Then get to stepping in the other direction scabby.

bean

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    I piss on scabs bean. Always have, always will. I'll give you a choice. It's a union barn. If you take the job you pay union dues. No freeriders. I'll help you find your wallet. You don't like unions? You don't want to pay union dues? Then get to stepping in the other direction scabby.

You don't make the big calls, johnny. It's way above your pay scale. It's not about not liking unions. It's about the teachers union paying dues and fees for political funding that some teachers don't agree with. The teamster Drive political contributions are not compulsory.

This is a teacher union thing, johnny. Let the Supreme Court make the tough calls and you carry on pissing on scabs cuz your're a pisser and I'll continue pissing on Obama because I don't like commies

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Oh here we go with the communist accusation again! Now your a communist too Lifer.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast