Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default 2,000 GM workers to lose jobs on Trump Inauguration Day

Keep scrolling down as there are a couple of articles in this post. And they are not good news. How can one get excited about jobs being created in one plant when there are just as many being laid off in another plant!
    Robert Sheridan is a 40-year-old GM worker who voted for Donald Trump. He can barely contain his excitement about Inauguration Day, even though it will be a rough day for him on a personal level.

He's one of 2,000 GM factory workers losing their jobs on Friday, the same day that Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president.
    This week, Trump did a U-turn and thanked GM. The car giant announced Tuesday it would invest heavily in the U.S., generating about 2,000 "new and retained" factory jobs in the coming years. Trump cited it as another example of how he's delivering "big stuff" for America, although GM said the plans had been in the works for awhile.

But that doesn't help workers in Lordstown and Lansing. Those 2,000 workers are still losing their jobs now, GM confirmed. On top of that, another 1,300 factory workers in Detroit are scheduled to get the ax in March.

It's another blow to America's Rust Belt.
    Dear Trump: Please save my GM factory job in Lordstown, Ohio - Jan. 18, 2017

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: 2,000 GM workers to lose jobs on Trump Inauguration Day

Are those jobs leaving for Mexico??

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Related to the above story. The Lordstown plant is right off I-80, used to pass it all the time when I did real over-the-road work and owned my truck
    I regress.
    This lay-off was announced back in November, right after the election.
    Why ?
    Because these cars aren't selling as well as they expect, and the plant can produce more then they can sell.
    Why ?
    Because these cars aren't very good either.
    Not blaming the assembly line workers. It's the engineers, and GM. This car had so much potential, yet failed in so many ways.

I point this out from experience. We owned a 2011 model, the first model year sold in the US.
    While I can say it lived up to it's fuel mileage predictions, that is the only positive point I can make.
    After 3 years of ownership and 60K miles, I traded it before it broke the bank on repairs. It wasn't an isolated vehicle either.
    Nephew had one, it was an identical disaster to ours. Almost every major problem we had, they had.

From my personal opinion only. Don't ever buy a used one.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Are those jobs leaving for Mexico??
    Don't be so defensive. ABFWife was only posting a story.

See here: GM announces first layoffs in six years, cuts 2,000 jobs | myfox8.com

It's really old news.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Don't be so defensive. ABFWife was only posting a story.

See here: GM announces first layoffs in six years, cuts 2,000 jobs | myfox8.com

It's really old news.
    I meant NO disrespect of the Wifey,she does a very good job here,just making a point and should have acknowledged the link was from the fake news site CNN.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I meant NO disrespect of the Wifey,she does a very good job here,just making a point and should have acknowledged the link was from the fake news site CNN.
    Wasn't "fake" news. Same was reported by the "faux" news station report I posted.
    Your getting way too excited over this.
    We all woke up this morning ( hopefully ) and life goes on. You'll soon see not much will change in your everyday life. The freezer will still be full, you won't miss a meal ( neither will I ) and the flowers will still bloom come spring.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Wasn't "fake" news. Same was reported by the "faux" news station report I posted.
    Your getting way too excited over this.
    We all woke up this morning ( hopefully ) and life goes on. You'll soon see not much will change in your everyday life. The freezer will still be full, you won't miss a meal ( neither will I ) and the flowers will still bloom come spring.
    Now I didn't call the article fake news,I said it was from a fake news site,CNN.. They do get it right once in a while.. But if you look at the headline of the article,it mentions Trumps inauguration as if it is his fault..Your link had the right date. Cnn got caught yesterday in a couple of fake news stories.. One from the amount of people attending the inauguration and the other for the fact that Trump was gonna use a Sinatra song for his first official dance.. CNN will NEVER learn..

http://viralliberty.com/kinn-cn-edid/

http://allenwestrepublic.com/nancy-s...-on-fake-news/
    Last edited by crazy; 01-21-2017 at 12:14 PM.