Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: A Crap organization “The Union Truth Machine”

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I can handle it but have seen many older people that had to sell because they couldn't pay the taxes. Talking about people in their 80's or older. Maybe you ought to start putting more away . Won't be long before your in the same boat.
    You're talking about selling your house as well? Because of taxes or because an old broken down Teamster can't handle the property and winter?

I live in the land of Zion. We pay sin tax on alcohol and tobacco plus 50 cents a gallon in taxes at the pump for the latest flavor of the month.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

2. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    I'll worry about public sector pensions when they fix the problems at the top ... first !
    We always hear about those "outrageous" pensions Joe the teacher ( or whatever ) gets ... but it's always selective and cherry picked to inflame those that are on the bandwagon.
    What about the non-union management, administrators, etc. that get multiple pensions of astronomical amounts ?

Far as I'm concerned, if you worked for what they promised, you should get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I have numerous friends in the school systems here in NM. Some are in my small town, no union and they are worked like dogs. Some work in ABQ and are union. Those in ABQ have had to start contributing more out of their paychecks to their pensions. These people do not make a lot of money to begin with. I have no issue with public unions, and I specifically have no issue with teacher's unions. Spend one day in a classroom. I don't begrudge them anything.
    Your right as they should get what they are promised.Teacher salaries are all over the board when it comes to salaries. We have a friend that is a teacher in Missouri and he makes about half of what a teacher makes in the school district in my town..But this is more than just teachers. In the private sector pensions are at risk. In the government pensions,they just print more money in raise taxes. ..Everyone deserves in life what they put into it.

4. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Your right as they should get what they are promised.Teacher salaries are all over the board when it comes to salaries. We have a friend that is a teacher in Missouri and he makes about half of what a teacher makes in the school district in my town..But this is more than just teachers. In the private sector pensions are at risk. In the government pensions,they just print more money in raise taxes. ..Everyone deserves in life what they put into it.
    And many public sector employees NOW contribute lots more to both their pension AND healthcare.
    Here is a good article that explains things a little better.
    Better then saying all are painted with the same broad brush.
    But state employees are everything from clerks, secretaries and child-protection caseworkers to doctors in state hospitals, judges and the governor himself. There are 2,210 state workers who didn’t complete high school — as well as 2,868 with law degrees. Thousands make handsome salaries — and thousands more are at or below what’s considered middle class in New Jersey.
    17,775 full-time state employees make less than $45,000 a year, according to a Star-Ledger analysis of the 2010 state payroll.
    Read the article. It's long, but full of information that those opposing public sector unions would probably call "fake" information.
    Like this.
    Median CWA member — $63,363.01

Non-union employee median — $99,154.01
    But go ahead. Squeeze the workers more.
    In New Jersey ( before Christie ) workers did contribute to their pension plans.
    Christie sign a law into effect 2011 increasing what the employees pay. ( A pay cut essentially )

Analysis shows some N.J. workers are well-compensated, some well below middle class | NJ.com

6. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12