Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Postal Workers launch campaign against anticipated Trump privatization scheme

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    I'm having no trouble viewing the article. What was the issue?

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    It says you have to register and then $.99 a month..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Postal Workers launch campaign against anticipated Trump privatization scheme

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I have heard it many times!
    I'm pretty sure we have record of that here on our site. If it's related to Trump's Union busting agenda? I bet it's here.

Maybe you could post something about it. I have never heard about Trump wanting to privatize the Post Office. Last time I heard that was when Bush was in office..

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Maybe you could post something about it. I have never heard about Trump wanting to privatize the Post Office. Last time I heard that was when Bush was in office..
    Post number 3 explains it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks crazy thanked for this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

It says you have to register and then $.99 a month..
    The pay window comes up on my phone and goes away if opened up again.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

The pay window comes up on my phone and goes away if opened up again.

I tried and it wouldn't let me access.. Says I have used it too many times.. and I ain't paying for it.. Bezos gets enough of my money from my wife with her amazon account..

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

I tried and it wouldn't let me access.. Says I have used it too many times.. and I ain't paying for it.. Bezos gets enough of my money from my wife with her amazon account..
    So be it. Democracy dies in darkness.....

8. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Just a story about the new Postmaster General. Good thing he's politically connected and was part of XPO's management team before this new position.
    I'm sure he'll stand behind the men and woman of the post office ...

Former XPO Executive to Become Next Postmaster General
    A Republican fundraiser and political donor from North Carolina who also worked as an executive at XPO Logistics will be the next postmaster general.
    Louis DeJoy of Greensboro was the unanimous pick of the U.S. Postal Service’s Board of Governors to become the next postmaster general. He’s expected to begin the job June 15.
    DeJoy was chairman and CEO of New Breed Logistics from 1983 to 2014. After New Breed was acquired by XPO Logistics Inc. in 2014, DeJoy became CEO of XPO’s supply chain business in North America. He retired from that role in 2015, and served on XPO’s board of directors from 2015 to 2018.
    DeJoy had been heavily involved in fundraising for the Republican National Convention, scheduled to begin in August in Charlotte, N.C.
    DeJoy’s wife, Aldona Wos, is Trump’s nominee to become the next U.S. ambassador to Canada. Wos, a retired physician, was the state Health and Human Services secretary for then-Gov. Pat McCrory.
    Trump, however, has threatened to veto anything that helps the post office.
    https://www.ttnews.com/articles/form...master-general

10. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Another article about this person. Doesn't sound like a good situation to me!

New Postmaster General Is an Expert Job-Killer
    Much of the criticism of new Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has centered on his $2 million in contributions to the Trump campaign and other Republican causes since 2016. DeJoy is in charge of fundraising for the Republican National Convention in Charlotte.

These facts are cause for worry, but postal workers should be even more alarmed at his 35 years’ experience in labor analytics—the art of eliminating as many jobs as possible.

His company has a terrible labor record, rife with red flags including sexual harassment, discrimination, speedup, workplace injuries, excessive use of temps, misclassifying workers as independent contractors, and inadequate sick leave during the current pandemic.

DeJoy, whose term begins June 15, is only the fifth postmaster general since 1971 not to come from within the U.S. Postal Service bureaucracy. His experience in supply chain logistics was clearly a factor in his appointment.
    https://labornotes.org/blogs/2020/05...ert-job-killer

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

We may not rely on the postal service in the same way we used to, but we still rely on it!! I just read yesterday their package volume has jumped in leaps due to all the online buying because of virus. We really need them to stick around and Trump is doing absolutely nothing to help them. Aren't you all kind of wondering if there will actually be another economic stimulus bill???

Unions: $500 billion went to corporations, Postal Service got nothing
    WASHINGTON—As the GOP Trump government and its congressional allies have ladled out tons of cash towards private businesses hit in the worst depression in years, they’ve given the financial back of their hand to the one institution all those firms depend on: The U.S. Postal Service.

And postal union leaders don’t like it one bit. Nor, they add, does postal management.

Postal Workers President Mark Dimondstein summarized the contrast, at a time when the USPS has lost half of its money-making first-class mail to the business closures and resulting depression-ordered to combat the coronavirus pandemic.

“Five hundred billion dollars went to private corporations in the Cares Act. The Postal Service got nothing,” he declared.

Dimondstein’s right, and that brought the postal union leaders together in a May 27 telephone press conference to make the case for allotting $25 billion in cash to the financially beleaguered USPS in the next economic stimulus bill.
    https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...e-got-nothing/

13. Likes fxstc07, 2631 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

News that several postal carrier unions want to secure money from the Hero's Act awaiting senate action.

Unions Determined To Secure $25 Billion Needed To Save US Postal Service
    Speaking on a phone press conference May 27 with three other postal-worker union leaders and members, Dimondstein said the COVID-19 pandemic has put the Postal Service into a “double crisis”: Coping with a virus that has infected thousands of its workers, while losing revenue from a drastic drop in the volume of mail.
    While the Postal Service is delivering more packages and parcels due to increased online shopping, it’s handling 30% less mail than it did a year ago, said National Postal Mail Handlers Union President Paul Hogrogian. It’s now projected to lose $22 billion over the next 18 months, he added. Without “real relief,” said Dimondstein, it could run out of money by early this fall.
    The unions—APWU, NPMHU, and the National Association of Letter Carriers—are pinning their hopes on the Senate approving the Heroes Act, a $3 trillion stimulus package passed by the House May 15. It would give the Postal Service $25 billion in direct aid to cover its lost revenue and additional expenses such as protective equipment and paid sick leave.
    The Trump administration, particularly Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, blocked direct aid to the Postal Service in the $2.3 trillion CARES Act, enacted in late March. That bill ended up offering the Postal Service $10 billion in loans, with the Treasury Department setting conditions that the NALC calls “ideological and operational changes.”
    “This administration is outright hostile,” Hogrogian said. “We can’t let them use COVID-19 as a vehicle for privatization.”
    A poll conducted for the National Association of Letter Carriers in April by the Republican-oriented North Star Opinion Research and the Democratic-oriented Hart Research Associates found that 92% of respondents wanted Congress to appropriate money to enable the Postal Service to maintain operations during the epidemic. That included 83% of independents, 90% of Republicans and rural voters, 94% of retirees, and 96% of Democrats.
    http://laborpress.org/unions-determi...ostal-service/

15. Likes ABFwife Liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast