Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Whole Foods workers, painting a grim future under Amazon, want to unionize

This was sent to me by strappy. I assume he was wanting me to post it.
    Yesterday, a group of workers at Whole Foods sent an email to nearly every employee, entreating them to unionize. This is not the first time Whole Foods workers have tried to organize, but it is the first time under its new Amazon ownership. And, according to the letter that was sent yesterday, things aren’t going great with the new overlords.

“Over the past year, layoffs and the consolidations of store-level positions at Whole Foods Market have upset the livelihood of team members, stirred, anxiety, and lowered moral [sic] within stores,” the email declares. It then alleges that Whole Foods CEO John Mackey sold the store to Amazon “with an agreement to trim hundreds of millions of dollars of labor from our stores.” The letter goes on, “There will continue to be layoffs in 2019 and beyond as Amazon aims to aggressively trim our labor force before it expands with new technology and labor models.”

The workers are organizing with the Retail, Wholesale, and Department Store Union–who represents workers from big department stores, including Macy’s and H&M.
    https://www.fastcompany.com/90233632...nt-to-unionize

2. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Whole Foods workers, painting a grim future under Amazon, want to unionize

Around here the big thing is shop on line at any of the food supermarkets, ( Shop-Rite, Acme, Walmart, etc. ) and they will pick and deliver your choices direct to your home. Frankly I prefer to pick my own stuff, but to each his own.

Competition is very stiff now for the grocery business.
    We always know the first to suffer is labor. Cut those costs first.

BTW, never visited a Whole Foods. There are only 3 in the metropolitan area of Philadelphia. One on the Phila side, the other two here in Jersey.

4. Likes fedexnuno, ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Whole Foods workers, painting a grim future under Amazon, want to unionize

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Around here the big thing is shop on line at any of the food supermarkets, ( Shop-Rite, Acme, Walmart, etc. ) and they will pick and deliver your choices direct to your home. Frankly I prefer to pick my own stuff, but to each his own.

Competition is very stiff now for the grocery business.
    We always know the first to suffer is labor. Cut those costs first.

BTW, never visited a Whole Foods. There are only 3 in the metropolitan area of Philadelphia. One on the Phila side, the other two here in Jersey.
    I had been in the Albuquerque store less than five times. Too expensive. We prefer Sprouts around here.

Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

Whole Foods is way to much expensive than Sprouts and sell the same product as sprouts, only deference is Whole Foods has more Food fresh island making you your choice of hot meal, cold cuts, salads, Juice bar and Beer bar too.
    In other words, it’s a higher end market for the hipster generation!

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Amazon Is Worth $1 Trillion. Its Workers Are on Food Stamps.

"Amazon’s come a long way from its origins as an online bookseller founded in 1994. Through a series of expansions and mergers, the company now functions as an all-encompassing digital marketplace, a Netflix competitor, a gadget manufacturer, a web services provider, and, since 2017 and its purchase of Whole Foods, a high-end grocery chain.

But while Amazon expands, Whole Foods staff say they’re facing layoffs.

“In the last three years we have experienced layoffs, job consolidations, reduced labor budgets, poor wage growth, and constantly being asked to do more with less resources and now with less compensation,” Whole Foods workers in a pro-union group wrote in a letter to colleagues, which was shared with The Daily Beast."
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/amazon...on-food-stamps

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

8. Likes fedexnuno, fxstc07, ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

https://www.businessinsider.com/whol...workers-2019-9

Whole Foods is cutting medical benefits for hundreds of part-time workers

Whole Foods is cutting medical benefits for hundreds of part-time workers, the company confirmed to Business Insider on Thursday.

The changes will take effect on January 1 and affect just under 2% of Whole Foods' total workforce, a Whole Foods spokesperson told Business Insider.
    I really like this line of BS.
    Whole Foods said it was making the change "to better meet the needs of our business and create a more equitable and efficient scheduling model."

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by RedRollingRoadblock View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/whol...workers-2019-9

Whole Foods is cutting medical benefits for hundreds of part-time workers

I really like this line of BS.
    So many of us boycotted Walmart years ago, looks like Amazon and Whole Foods need to be added to that list. I use Amazon only when I absolutely have to now. Can anyone recommend another online book company that sells used books? I belong to a spirituality group at my church and I have to buy certain books that I am not going to find in my local thrift store.

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    retired

ABF wife, have you tryed christianbook. com they are just outside boston, in peabody,ma. use to go in there a couple times a week.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by gillholey View Post
    ABF wife, have you tryed christianbook. com they are just outside boston, in peabody,ma. use to go in there a couple times a week.
    Thanks, yes actually I used to buy many of my youngest's school books online from there. She was homeschooled and we got many good books from them. I think unfortunately the books we use in spirituality class probably could not be found there. And I usually do buy them used too.