Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default AMAZON and the UNION..

There has been a drive for a Amazon warehouse to go union and it seems to be making more and more news.. This is the warehouse for where the NLRB said the vote would be by mail.. That seemed to upset Amazon because they do not believe the voting by mail is safe.. The article is from the Washington Post and sometimes they allow you to read it and other times you have to subscribe .. I had no problem reading it today..

Amazon’s anti-union blitz stalks Alabama warehouse workers everywhere, even the bathroom

The stakes couldn’t be higher for the e-commerce giant, which is fighting the biggest labor battle in its history on U.S. soil

SEATTLE — Some workers in Amazon’s Bessemer, Ala., warehouse complain that the company’s aggressive performance expectations leave them little time to take bathroom breaks.

When they do get there, they face messaging from Amazon pressing its case against unionization, imploring them to vote against it when mail-in balloting begins Feb. 8.

“Where will your dues go?” reads a flier posted on the door inside a bathroom stall.

“They got right in your face when you’re using the stall,” said Darryl Richardson, a worker at the warehouse who supports the union. Another pro-union worker who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of retribution said of Amazon’s toilet reading: “I feel like I’m getting harassed.”

Amazon to face first U.S. unionization vote in seven years next month

The stakes couldn’t be higher for Amazon, which is fighting the biggest labor battle in its history on U.S. soil. Next Monday, the National Labor Relations Board will mail ballots to 5,805 workers at the facility near Birmingham, who will then have seven weeks to decide whether they want the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union to represent them. If they vote yes, they would be the first Amazon warehouse in the United States to unionize.

Read more
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...46XypBpaOjdGr8

2. Thanks 2631 thanked for this post
    Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired

Default Re: AMOZON and the UNION..

Nothing would please me more than bezos the worm getting some of his own medicine.Seems these types always find a way to circumvent the system.

4. Likes 2631 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 1484-1075 View Post
    Nothing would please me more than bezos the worm getting some of his own medicine.Seems these types always find a way to circumvent the system.
    What I don't fully understand is it like Bezo's actually thinks that Biden will stand behind him .. I think they should unionize all of Amazon's workers.. They have two Amazon warehouses scheduled to open in the Hudson Valley of NY area.. Gap has a huge warehouse in the area and it seems that if you talk union your gone.. My youngest worked in a Walmart warehouse .. When he first started I told him he would do better if they had a union but he bought into that union free work place shit.. Until he got hurt.. He is no longer there .. Walmart screwed him just like I told him they would do.. Seems the young'ins today have to learn everything the hard way..

6. Likes 2631 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired

It seems that any warehousing that is around is extremely hard to unionize.We have a small amazon distribution/warehouse locally, people come and go on a regular basics.Terrible hours and days ,with poor working conditions and all around bad treatment.I have talked to friends kids who have come and gone ,all say the same thing, the place sucks, also very little up front or out loud union talk while they were there.

8. Likes 2631, crazy Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Nah!! They don't need no stinking union!!

Amazon To Pay $61.7 Million to Settle FTC Charges It Withheld Some Customer Tips from Amazon Flex Drivers

Phone lines for reporters will open 15 minutes prior to the start of the call.

Amazon will pay more than $61.7 million to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that it failed to pay Amazon Flex drivers the full amount of tips they received from Amazon customers over a two and a half year period. The FTC’s complaint alleges that the company stopped its behavior only after becoming aware of the FTC’s investigation in 2019.

The $61.7 million represents the full amount that Amazon allegedly withheld from drivers and will be used by the FTC to compensate drivers.

Image from FTC complaintAccording to the FTC’s administrative complaint against Amazon and its subsidiary, Amazon Logistics, the company regularly advertised that drivers participating in the Flex program would be paid $18–25 per hour for their work making deliveries to customers. The ads, along with numerous other documents provided to Flex drivers, also prominently featured statements such as: “You will receive 100% of the tips you earn while delivering with Amazon Flex.”

“Rather than passing along 100 percent of customers’ tips to drivers, as it had promised to do, Amazon used the money itself,” said Daniel Kaufman, Acting Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. “Our action today returns to drivers the tens of millions of dollars in tips that Amazon misappropriated, and requires Amazon to get drivers’ permission before changing its treatment of tips in the future.”

Amazon Flex is a program in which drivers, classified by Amazon as independent contractors, can agree to make deliveries using their personal vehicles. Flex drivers deliver goods and groceries ordered through the Prime Now and AmazonFresh programs, which allow customers to give the drivers a tip.

The FTC’s complaint alleges that, in addition to telling drivers they would receive 100 percent of their tips, Amazon also assured its customers that 100 percent of any tips they paid would go to the driver.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pres...09GGSlfUzu6QBM

10. Likes 1484-1075, 2631 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Nah!! They don't need no stinking union!!

Amazon To Pay $61.7 Million to Settle FTC Charges It Withheld Some Customer Tips from Amazon Flex Drivers
    The bigger they are, the slimmer they get.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

How low can you go?
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/17/2...hange-bessemer

Amazon changed traffic light timing during union drive, county officials say
    Organizers say the change made union efforts harder

By Russell Brandom on February 17, 2021 10:32 am
    As part of its ongoing fight over an Alabama warehouse’s efforts to unionize, Amazon reportedly changed the timing of a traffic light outside the warehouse, according to reporting by More Perfect Union. Union organizers at the site had previously accused the company of altering the timing so that pro-union workers would not be able to canvass workers while stopped at the light.
    Until recently, the altered timing on the traffic light outside the factory had been dismissed as a rumor. But More Perfect Union confirmed with Jefferson County officials that last year, Amazon notified the county of traffic delays during shift changes and asked for the light to be changed. On December 15th, the county increased the green light duration in an effort to clear workers off the worksite faster. There’s no indication that the county was aware of the ongoing organizing drive or any effect the traffic light changes might have on the effort.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: AMAZON and the UNION..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

The main title of the article is a wee bit confusing.. Marco Rubio supports the workers at Amazon and their drive to join the union but then he titles the thread in a way that Republicans shouldn't support them.. If I had known early in life that all you needed to do to be a politician was to tell stories to your followers I would have gotten into politics.. No IQ required..

Sen. Marco Rubio: Amazon should face unionization drive without Republican support

For the past several years, Amazon has waged a war against working-class values. The Silicon Valley titan uses anticompetitive strategies to crush small businesses, bans conservative books and blocks traditional charities from participating in its AmazonSmile program. Not surprisingly, it has also bowed to China's censorship demands.

Amazon may be headquartered in America, but it considers itself a citizen of the world.

Now, the company is facing a unionization effort at its warehouse in Bessemer, Alabama.

The move comes after a banner year for Amazon thanks to the COVID-19 lockdowns. But even after historic market gains, its corporate leadership fears the prospect of its workers having an increased say in working conditions, so it’s looking to crush the union vote.

Wrong for both workers and our economy
    For decades, companies like Amazon have been allies of the left in the culture war, but when their bottom line is threatened they turn to conservatives to save them. Republicans have rightly understood the dangers posed by the unchecked influence of labor unions. Adversarial relations between labor and management are wrong. They are wrong for both workers and our nation’s economic competitiveness.

But the days of conservatives being taken for granted by the business community are over.

Here’s my standard: When the conflict is between working Americans and a company whose leadership has decided to wage culture war against working-class values, the choice is easy — I support the workers. And that’s why I stand with those at Amazon’s Bessemer warehouse today.
    Uniquely malicious corporate behavior like Amazon’s justifies a more adversarial approach to labor relations. It is no fault of Amazon’s workers if they feel the only option available to protect themselves against bad faith is to form a union. Today it might be workplace conditions, but tomorrow it might be a requirement that the workers embrace management’s latest “woke” human resources fad.

It isn’t clear whether the union effort is primarily driven by complaints from its workers, agitation from Democratic operatives, or just the fact that Jeff Bezos has now become the first person in history worth $200 billion. But Amazon should understand that waging a war on small businesses and working-class values has burned bridges with former allies.

Adversarial labor relations are generally harmful. When it is a good American company — for example, certain American automakers — adversarial relations risk hurting labor and management alike by causing American industry to lose ground to foreign competition. And too often, the right to form a union has been, in practice, a requirement that business owners allow left-wing social organizers to take over their workplaces.

Read more
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/6947823002/

15. Thanks 2631, Jimmy thanked for this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/...se-their-jobs/
    One step up from minimum wage,and this cheap bastard expects them to work like they are making $30 hour and watch every move they make.

17. Thanks Jimmy thanked for this post
    Likes Docker Liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast