Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABF's $10,000 signing bonuses for new drivers and dock workers/forklift operators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ABF's $10,000 signing bonuses for new drivers and dock workers/forklift operators

Jobs: Trucking company to host Huber hiring event

Carrier ABF Freight is looking for drivers, and the company is hosting a two-hiring event next week — with an offer of $10,000 to new drivers. ABF Freight is seeking candidates for road drivers, city drivers and dock workers/forklift operators.

On August 17 and 18, Tuesday and Wednesday next week, ABF will host the event from 7 a. m. to 7 p. m. at its 8051 Center Point 70 Blvd. service center, Huber Heights. No appointment is necessary.

“Our Dayton service center is one of our largest and busiest facilities, and we are looking to add to our team in this area in response to increased business,” Seth Runser, ABF Freight president, said in an announcement. “We know bringing on top talent is one of the most important things we can do to continue serving our customers with excellence, and we look forward to meeting everyone interested in a career with ABF.”

ABF said it is offering signing bonuses of up to $10,000 for new drivers and dock workers/forklift operators, available on the first day of employment. Driver candidates should be at least 21 years old, and dock worker candidates should be at least 18 years old.

ABF Freight has been in business since 1923 and employs over 10,000 people across United States. ABF operates a less-than-truckload network across North America in short- and long-haul markets.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/loca...IMT23RX7YTXX4/

Comment

Re: ABF's $10,000 signing bonuses for new drivers and dock workers/forklift operators

ABF Freight to Host South Chicago Hiring Event

ArcBest LTL carrier offering signing bonuses for drivers, dock workers and shop technicians

FORT SMITH, Ark., Aug. 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- ArcBest® (Nasdaq: ARCB), a leader in supply chain logistics, is pleased to announce that its less-than-truckload carrier, ABF Freight®, will host a two-day hiring event August 24-25 in South Chicago, Illinois.

ABF Freight is seeking candidates for road drivers, city drivers, dock workers and shop technicians.

"Our South Chicago service center is critical to our operation, and we are looking to add to our team at this location to accommodate business growth," said Seth Runser, ABF Freight president. "We know bringing on top talent is one of the most important things we can do to continue serving our customers with excellence, and we look forward to meeting everyone interested in a career with ABF."

ABF is offering signing bonuses of $10,000 for drivers, $5,000 for shop technicians and up to $3,000 for dock workers at the South Chicago location. Driver candidates should be at least 21 years old, and dock worker and shop technician candidates should be at least 18 years old.

On August 24 and August 25, the company will host interested candidates from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at its service center located at 1900 Lincoln Highway, Sauk Village, IL. No appointment is necessary.

ABF drivers and dock workers receive excellent benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage with no employee-paid premiums, and are covered by a pension plan at no expense to the employee.

ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, has been in business since 1923 and employs over 10,000 people across United States. ABF operates a less-than-truckload network across North America to provide seamless transportation services in short- and long-haul markets.

"We have a really strong, values-driven culture that's rooted in almost a century of providing a great experience to our customers," Runser said. "The cornerstone of our company is our people, and we're excited to continue strengthening our workforce as we head into our next 100 years."

ABF has positions available nationwide. For additional information on current ABF job openings or to apply for a job, please visit jobs.abf.com.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301359069.html

Comment

So my best friend growing up that worked with me at Holland for 20 something years but lives and works in Kentucky just called me and told me he went to ABF about a month and a half ago. He said they waved his 30 day probation, he went to the hall and talked to the lady in the Benefits dept. and he didn't even have a break in his insurance, they just changed his employers name. And they gave him a check for 5000.00 the day he took the job. Oh and he is a year older than me he is 60. That is pretty frickin awesome. I am so proud of him and for him for changing jobs as that isn't for the faint of heart after working somewhere that long. Docker he has always been a P@D driver but he said they have utility jobs that go to Dayton nightly and if you get back quicker than 8 hours they give you a 94 dollar bonus everyday you do that? Ever heard of anything like that?

Comment

Originally posted by unionman View Post
          So my best friend growing up that worked with me at Holland for 20 something years but lives and works in Kentucky just called me and told me he went to ABF about a month and a half ago. He said they waved his 30 day probation, he went to the hall and talked to the lady in the Benefits dept. and he didn't even have a break in his insurance, they just changed his employers name. And they gave him a check for 5000.00 the day he took the job. Oh and he is a year older than me he is 60. That is pretty frickin awesome. I am so proud of him and for him for changing jobs as that isn't for the faint of heart after working somewhere that long. Docker he has always been a P@D driver but he said they have utility jobs that go to Dayton nightly and if you get back quicker than 8 hours they give you a 94 dollar bonus everyday you do that? Ever heard of anything like that?
          No... I never heard that... just some distribution centers getting doubletime for six punches as well as seven.

That's great to hear unionman... I'm glad that it worked out for our Brother because he sure well earned and deserves it! Thanks for posting because with all the bad news going around today... it's great to hear a good one here and there... just wish there were a whole hell of alot more of them.

Comment

15 thousand dollar sign on bonus,20/25 days to make the list,right to top pay,Teamster Union medical/pension/protection,all the OT you want....still can't get drivers,and the drivers they're hiring they NEVER would have hired ten years ago,and now they're paying the price....Years ago it was a standing joke,but oh so true,that it was ''easier'' to get hired by the FBI,then it was to get hired by ABF...Took me 5 or 6 months to get hired,wanted unemployment stubs,endless phone calls about this or that 2 week period,on and on it went not knowing whether they were going to hire me...I think of ALL the good freight men I worked with at APA that were 'turned down' by ABF because of ''minor'' infractions...Men that would have been an ASSET to any company...

Now it's biting them on the ass...Now it's...''are you breathing?''....''YOUR HIRED''....2 guys quit already,don't want to work the dock,2 other guys after making the list and being 'forced' on the dock,within a matter of 2 weeks later,are BOTH out on Workman's Comp,one guy went the whole nine yards,ambulance,stretcher,said he fell over a skid,no witnesses,no camera angle where it happened,coincidence?....TM was told before they made the list...'NOT ABF material',get rid of them...He said he NEEDS Bodies!!!!...Old school work ethic workers with pride,self-respect,and loyalty...NO...Bodies...YES.....FUTURE...????...

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
              15 thousand dollar sign on bonus,20/25 days to make the list,right to top pay,Teamster Union medical/pension/protection,all the OT you want....still can't get drivers,and the drivers they're hiring they NEVER would have hired ten years ago,and now they're paying the price....Years ago it was a standing joke,but oh so true,that it was ''easier'' to get hired by the FBI,then it was to get hired by ABF...Took me 5 or 6 months to get hired,wanted unemployment stubs,endless phone calls about this or that 2 week period,on and on it went not knowing whether they were going to hire me...I think of ALL the good freight men I worked with at APA that were 'turned down' by ABF because of ''minor'' infractions...Men that would have been an ASSET to any company...

Now it's biting them on the ass...Now it's...''are you breathing?''....''YOUR HIRED''....2 guys quit already,don't want to work the dock,2 other guys after making the list and being 'forced' on the dock,within a matter of 2 weeks later,are BOTH out on Workman's Comp,one guy went the whole nine yards,ambulance,stretcher,said he fell over a skid,no witnesses,no camera angle where it happened,coincidence?....TM was told before they made the list...'NOT ABF material',get rid of them...He said he NEEDS Bodies!!!!...Old school work ethic workers with pride,self-respect,and loyalty...NO...Bodies...YES.....FUTURE...????...
              I have seen ads on Facebook for Central Transport,SAIA ,R&L and Old Dominion looking for drivers..All have starting wages over $30 an hour.. If you were younger and had the choice where would you go.??

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                I have seen ads on Facebook for Central Transport,SAIA ,R&L and Old Dominion looking for drivers..All have starting wages over $30 an hour.. If you were younger and had the choice where would you go.??

Where would ''I'' go?...Strait to a 'Union Teamster Job',that's where I would go,but that's just me brother...And what you just stated is the whole mentality in our country in this day and age...''instant gratification''...''show me the money'',never looking at the 'BIG PICTURE'' and that's exactly what these ''non-union'' companies count on...Central,R&L,and OD pay NO overtime,my bad,overtime after 55 and 60 hours,SAIA is the best of the lot,overtime after 45...Everyone of those drivers for those 'non-union' companies pay through the ''ASS'' for their 'Medical',now how much are they making an hour?...No work rules,abuse the hell out of them with no protection...SAIA and OD are pretty decent non-union jobs,Central and R&L su*k big time,slave drivers that work their employees into the ground,I could go on and on about 'Union'/'Non-Union',but why bother?....Hell,their making over $30 an hour,'show me the money'...That's ALL that matters?....RIGHT?

Comment

Where would ''I'' go?...Strait to a 'Union Teamster Job',that's where I would go,but that's just me brother...And what you just stated is the whole mentality in our country in this day and age...''instant gratification''...''show me the money'',never looking at the 'BIG PICTURE'' and that's exactly what these ''non-union'' companies count on...Central,R&L,and OD pay NO overtime,my bad,overtime after 55 and 60 hours,SAIA is the best of the lot,overtime after 45...Everyone of those drivers for those 'non-union' companies pay through the ''ASS'' for their 'Medical',now how much are they making an hour?...No work rules,abuse the hell out of them with no protection...SAIA and OD are pretty decent non-union jobs,Central and R&L su*k big time,slave drivers that work their employees into the ground,I could go on and on about 'Union'/'Non-Union',but why bother?....Hell,their making over $30 an hour,'show me the money'...That's ALL that matters?....RIGHT?
                  I know where you would go as the same place I would go.. But the youngin's today think with their wallet first..

Comment

Not to mention O.D. And Saia thin the herd when things slow down, and seniority means nothing. It's like that scene in the movie Schindlers List when that nazi in charge of a concentration camp would just randomly shoot any Jew working out in the yard, that's they're economic termination policy, no one is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                      I know where you would go as the same place I would go.. But the youngin's today think with their wallet first..
                      And what does that say about the future?...not much I'm afraid...none of these youngin's have kids,none of these youngin's want to start a family,none of these youngin's need 'exceptional' medical benefits,none of these youngin's need a pension,none of these youngin's want a secure future with guaranteed job protection,none of these youngin's want time off when THEY want the time off,none of these youngin's ever think about the future...of course not,because ''everything'' and I mean ''everything'' in our society today is about the ''Money''...Hey,it's the American way,nothing else matters but ''Money''...

Comment

Originally posted by unionman View Post
                        Not to mention O.D. And Saia thin the herd when things slow down, and seniority means nothing. It's like that scene in the movie Schindlers List when that nazi in charge of a concentration camp would just randomly shoot any Jew working out in the yard, that's they're economic termination policy, no one is safe.
                        Yup,seniority,work rules,and everything else at a non-union job are what management says they are,and if you don't like it!!!!...Well then,go get a Union job!!!!....''Sound Advice''...

Comment

"EXPECT TO WORK"... I wonder how many prospects that will scare off...

Comment

Originally posted by Docker View Post

"EXPECT TO WORK"... I wonder how many prospects that will scare off...
                            The ink is still wet on his cdl, and even wetter on his union card. I wish him well he has hit the career jackpot, and seems like at a young age. Does he get money for people watching him on YouTube ,he was thanking people for watching, and also thanking watchers for his family? And who in the hell is he calling bro? Maybe ABF can give him a recruiting job as he really seems to like talking.

Comment

ABF Freight to Host Avenel Hiring Event

ArcBest LTL carrier offering hiring bonuses for full-time city drivers, part-time forklift operators and Driver Development Program trainees

FORT SMITH, Ark., Feb. 3, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- ArcBest® (Nasdaq: ARCB), a leader in supply chain logistics, announced today that its less-than-truckload carrier, ABF Freight®, will host a two-day hiring event in Avenel, New Jersey on February 8-9, seeking full-time Class A CDL city drivers, part-time forklift operators and Driver Development Program trainees. The company is offering signing bonuses of $15,000 for full-time city drivers, $250 for part-time forklift operators and $5,000 for Driver Development Program trainees, available on the first day of employment.

"There's never been a better time to join the ABF team," said Seth Runser, ABF Freight president. "Our people are at the heart of our success, and our values-driven culture has created an environment where people can grow and thrive — it's more than just a job, it's a career. If you live in the Avenel area and you're looking to join a company with excellent benefits, frequent home time and ongoing training opportunities, we hope to see you at the event."

On February 8 and February 9, ABF will host interested candidates from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at its service center, located at 21 Englehard Ave., Avenel, NJ. No appointment is necessary. Driver candidates should be at least 21 years old.

At the event, candidates can expect:

Assistance with job applications
                              Interviews with ABF recruiters
                              Potential job offers made that day

ABF Freight is one of the nation's largest and most trusted less-than-truckload carriers, operating in both short- and long-haul markets across North America. ABF employs more than 10,000 people across over 240 locations, and over 53 percent of ABF drivers have been employed with the company for more than 10 years.

Full-time ABF drivers and dock workers receive Teamster Union Scale wages, 100 percent company-paid health insurance for employees and their families, personal days, sick leave and paid holidays, and they are covered by a pension plan at no expense to the employee.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301475222.html

Comment

Working...
                              X