Update to Voices For Pension Security Campaign Member Update: July 29, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update to Voices For Pension Security Campaign Member Update: July 29, 2020

This catastrophe must be averted, and we have a unique opportunity right now for Congress to summon the political will to take decisive action. It is ironic and baffling that the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Plan (WCT Pension Plan) is working to block a long-delayed solution by actively opposing the proposed GROW Act.
    https://mailchi.mp/centralstatesfund...4?e=62482567f0

Re: Update to Voices For Pension Security Campaign Member Update: July 29, 2020

It is time to stop paying lip service about the WCT Pension Plan’s past support for the failed Butch Lewis Act and to start facing facts. Actively opposing the GROW Act means opposing relief for Central States, supporting draconian benefit cuts for our 360,000 participants, and endorsing the same for 1.4 million participants across the nation whose plans are also in dire straits. We hope common sense prevails.
    Not sure that I understand this. The bipartisan Butch Lewis Act failed because of the republican McConnell. The CSPF and the other funds in the red aren't even eligible for the GROW Act. Can it be that unless the GROW Act is included in any pension relief bill then the republicans won't go along with it? I smell a rat.

Comment

Re: Update to Voices For Pension Security Campaign Member Update: July 29, 2020

I thought I remembered why I was against the GROW Act. More republican B/S. Good for the Western States fund trustees for performing their fiduciary responsibilities.

A new threat to retirees and workers’ pensions was introduced in Congress last month: the misnamed “Give Retirement Options to Workers” Act. It does not give options to workers, but it could shift risk and uncertainty to some workers, and undermine stable pensions.
      http://www.tdu.org/_grow_act_a_threa...rkers_pensions

Comment

Working...
      X