• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret White House Memo: Inside Trump’s Plan to Destroy Unions

https://www.afge.org/article/the-sec...wc7I0.facebook

October 15, 2019

Categories: The Insider
    This is the first segment of AFGE’s 5-part series: The Secret Memo : Inside Trump’s Plan to Destroy Unions.

A leaked White House memo, as first reported by the New York Times and then obtained by POLITICO, outlines President Trump’s plans to destroy public and private-sector unions, get rid of worker protections, cripple workers’ ability to organize, and increase profits for corporate special interests.

This explosive 19-page document was prepared in 2017 by Special Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy James Sherk, who was previously a research fellow at the regressive, anti-worker Heritage Foundation.

The memo, laced with familiar half-truths and outright lies, is proof that AFGE has been right all along in saying that the administration’s true goal in making changes to personnel rules is to “end collective bargaining” in the federal sector. It’s right there in their own words.

Federal workers are featured prominently in this hit piece as the administration’s main target.

The memo discusses ways to purge federal unions and end collective bargaining.
    It discusses steps to dismantle the federal workforce and cut pay and benefits.
    It has seven bullet points on firing federal employees. The administration is obviously not concerned about making the government more efficient, just how they can more efficiently get rid of career civil servants who have served their country honorably.
    We also see here the seeds of the President’s union-busting executive orders; several bullet points made it into the EOs. The administration can no longer pretend that the EOs’ purpose is to improve the government. It’s all about destroying unions and civil servants.

Re: The Secret White House Memo: Inside Trump’s Plan to Destroy Unions

And so far he has done a very good job of pulling off his plan. All while he had lied and promised what a pro worker president he would be.

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
      And so far he has done a very good job of pulling off his plan. All while he had lied and promised what a pro worker president he would be.
      We have documented everything the Union busting Orange Combover has done or is in the process of doing to organized labor.

The warnings were given....

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
        We have documented everything the Union busting Orange Combover has done or is in the process of doing to organized labor.

The warnings were given....

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
        In my opinion brother, I think bigotry Followers of Trump wouldn’t care If our Labor movements is destroyed, their concern is as long as their Orange Führer is Standing in their favor!

Comment

Originally posted by fedexnuno View Post
          In my opinion brother, I think bigotry Followers of Trump wouldn’t care If our Labor movements is destroyed, their concern is as long as their Orange Führer is Standing in their favor!
          Sadly, as I have listened to many, within the circle of "old fat white guys", the talk is always their hatred for liberals, brown people, those that need a hand, having the wrong religion, LGBT and anybody that doesn't agree with them.
          The union labor movement never enters their mind. Much less the economy for the working class.
          I believe we are now seeing history attempting to repeat itself, unless we stop it.

An interesting article that explains why some will follow, and others revolt.
          https://www.thoughtco.com/who-suppor...nd-why-1221371

Comment

Working...
          X