Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Trucker Wife

Default James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund Accepting Applications

If you have a high school student graduating in June 2013, this is for you.

We Are Now Accepting JRHMSF Applications | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)
    Applications are now being accepted for the 2012/2013 James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund (JRHMSF) for high school seniors.

James R. Hoffa became a Teamster member in 1934 and served as General President for 14 years, and, in recognition of his tireless service to the Union and its members, was honored as General President Emeritus for life. At the November 1999 General Executive Board meeting, General Secretary-Treasurer C. Thomas Keegel presented a resolution to establish this scholarship fund.

Visit the James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund Information Center for details, eligibility requirements and form downloads. The application deadline is March 31, 2012.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: 2012/2013 James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund Accepting Applications

My daughter told me she got an email stating that she got $2000 towards this years community college tuition,from this JRHoffa Memorial Scholarship......That takes what's owed down quite a bit.
    I won't be one saying "The union never does anything for the members". Not sure because I didn't see the email...but I think it's good every year as long as her grades are good. We also have $500 from our Local for her winning an essay contest a few years back.

3. Likes fedexnuno, ABFwife, 222lifer, fxstc07 Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: 2012/2013 James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund Accepting Applications

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    My daughter told me she got an email stating that she got $2000 towards this years community college tuition,from this JRHoffa Memorial Scholarship......That takes what's owed down quite a bit.
    I won't be one saying "The union never does anything for the members". Not sure because I didn't see the email...but I think it's good every year as long as her grades are good. We also have $500 from our Local for her winning an essay contest a few years back.
    This is what our local offers.

http://teamsterslocal222.org/2017-scholarship/

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

5. Likes slavenomore, fxstc07 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund Accepting Applications

A new year is approaching and the James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund is accepting application for 2021.

The application process for 2021 is now available
    The deadline for applications will be March 1, 2021.

Eligibility: For the sons, daughters and financial dependents of Teamster members (including the BMWED, BLET, GCC and TCRC). Academic scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 for high school seniors planning to attend a four-year college or university and Training/Vocational program awards of up to $2,000 for use at community colleges and trade schools.

(Membership verification for the parent of the applicant will be completed by the IBT (Teamsters), BLET, BMWED and GCC headquarters data.) The children or financial dependents of full-time local union officers or full-time staff of local unions are ineligible.

For general questions about the James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund, please call 855-670-ISTS
    http://jrhmsf.org/

Members who have read this thread: 1