This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Contract Negotiations Continue

Hoping for a great outcome. I know from this site that the carhaulers have been through a lot!
    “The negotiating committees are working hard to reach an agreement that will protect all Teamster carhaul members’ jobs,” said Kevin Moore, Director of the Teamsters Carhaul Division. “These are some of the toughest jobs in the trucking industry."

Currently the automotive industry is enjoying record output, while struggling with a profound driver shortage and increased non-union competition. Progress has been made as we head into our next round of talks, we are addressing some challenging employer proposals to improve operational efficiencies and meet current OEM and Industry demands. However, we understand that to remain competitive, the industry must operate more efficiently and minimize empty miles.

"Job security is achieved when our carriers continue to outperform the non-union competitors," said Roy Gross, Assistant Director of the Teamsters Carhaul Division who is heading up negotiations for the Teamsters. "The goal of improving driver incomes and future job security must be woven into any solutions.”
    National Contract Negotiations Continue | Teamsters

Re: National Contract Negotiations Continue

This is the most tight-lipped contract talks I have ever seen. Not even any rumors or driver talk about anything.Wish they would put something out time getting short.Only thing I have heard is Jack Cooper is not doing very good since they took on Allied. I do know some vendors are on cash only with Cooper. Thanks ABF wife hope the weather is fine out your way "nuff said time for bed stay safe everybody

Comment

Well today is the final day of the contract, still nothing?

Comment

I did hear that cooper would like every driver on the running mile. But the union couldn't bring it to the members and they took it off the table. That is all I have heard.

Cheers!

Comment

Well they have come up with a tentative agreement on the contract today. Now just wait till the locals have a meeting on it!

Comment

Teamsters Negotiating Committee Reaches Tentative Carhaul Agreement
            The Teamsters National Automobile Transporters Industry Negotiating Committee reached a tentative agreement today for a new national carhaul contract. The Teamsters committee unanimously endorsed the tentative agreement.

"Our goal was to reach an agreement that provides our carhaul members with job security, protects their benefits and makes sure they are fairly paid for the hard work they do," said Roy Gross, Assistant Director of the Teamsters Carhaul Division.
            Details of the tentative agreement will be announced when leaders from local unions meet to review the proposal. The meeting date and time will be announced in the near future. If the committee endorses the tentative agreement, it will then be sent to members for ratification.
            Teamsters Negotiating Committee Reaches Tentative Carhaul Agreement | Teamsters

Comment

That's really nice, do you think they could have put out anything in the contract???? This is total bs,we won't know anything for another month,then take another month to get ballots out and counted. Heck they never even took a strike vote,Oh well my rant is over I'm better now guess it's the wait and see what goes on. "nuff said now back to your regular programming

Comment

This explains why there is no info.

Tentative Deal in Carhaul

The International Union has reportedly reached a tentative agreement for the national carhaul contract. No information is available, as the Hoffa administration has put a gag-order on the negotiating committee, and has maintained secrecy from members throughout the process.
                They claim it was unanimously endorsed by the committee, so they should be proud to reveal it to the members to allow adequate time for review.

We expect that the International will soon conduct a meeting for all local unions to review and approve the tentative deal for the National Master Automotive Transport Agreement.

We will provide information, including all changes to the master agreement and supplements, as soon as it becomes available so members may review and discuss it prior to voting.
                http://www.tdu.org/tentative_deal_in_carhaul

Comment

They probably took away your disability pension...

Comment

Ha Ha Billy now that's some funny stuff right there a gag order so NOBODY can find out anything about the contract,must not want us standing around talking about over the holiday,or so when we do see it we will know why the gag order was put on. Because we all may be gagging when we see this thing.Come on put it out so at least we have something to talk about it can't be that TOP SECRET you know we need some good old driver bs going on. Ok I'm better now just ate a snicker's bar and feeling a lot better "nuff said enjoy summer is done

Comment

2015 carhaul contract

Any news on carhaul contract ?

Comment

Re: 2015 carhaul contract

We will no next Tuesday sept 22 7:00 pm there is a conference call.

Comment

Carhaul Deal to Face Scrutiny
                          Teamster officers from all locals that represent carhaulers will meet on Tuesday, Sept. 22 to get briefed on the tentative agreement. The Hoffa administration will hold a conference call that evening to try to sell the deal.

The IBT’s Carhaul Contract Update is carefully worded to say that the negotiating committee “was able to beat back all economic concessions.” What the contract holds in store in terms of work rules and job security issues remains to be seen.

The language in the tentative agreement will be posted on tdu.org following the two-person meeting.

Carhaulers can join the IBT briefing by calling 877-327-9495 at 8 p.m. Eastern Time. The Conference Call ID Code is 111566.
                          http://www.tdu.org/carhaul_deal_to_face_scrutiny

Comment

Thanks just the letter in the mail yesterday.

Comment

I feel like a mushroom put in the dark and feed s_ _ t.

Comment

Working...
                              X