Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default POLICY + POLITICS Get Ready for Huge Obamacare Premium Hikes in 2017

[B]LEGACY: Huge Obamacare Premium Hikes Planned in '17...

Get Ready for Huge Obamacare Premium Hikes in 2017

Amid rising drug and health care costs and roiling market dynamics, the spokesperson for the nation’s health insurers is predicting substantial increases next year in Obamacare premiums and related costs.

Without venturing a specific percentage increase, Marilyn Tavenner, the president and CEO of America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), said in an interview with Morning Consult that the culmination of market shifts and rising health care costs will force stark increases in health insurance rates in the coming year.

“I’ve been asked, what are the premiums going to look like?” she said. “I don’t know because it also varies by state, market, even within markets. But I think the overall trend is going to be higher than we saw previous years. That’s my big prediction.”

If Tavenner is right, Obamacare will jump dramatically—last year’s premium for the popular silver-level plan surged 11 percent on average. Although Tavenner didn’t mention deductibles, in 2016, some states saw jumps of 76 percent, while the average deductible for a 27-year-old male on a silver plan was 8 percent.

ObamaCare by force. Join it or be penalized.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: POLICY + POLITICS Get Ready for Huge Obamacare Premium Hikes in 2017

Our regular health insurance premiums go up every year. So what ?
    With employer sponsored health insurance, out of pocket for us is still 10K a year.
    That's with the employer kicking in over $18,000 ...
    If you can believe what the employer says.
    All BS meant to fill the pockets of the health insurance industry and the executives.