Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USF Holland employees- SOUND OFF!!!!!

Welcom usfcityman! Keep your finger at the ready and your computer on if your like me.(I've been laid-off for six weeks now)Now you will need to check all the sites like ten times a day and keep the coffe pot hot keep a look out for the mailman and keep the house clean and fix anything you can find around the house.That sould keep you going now for fun put you aplicatoin in on one of them online truck driver sites your phone will ring for weeks! Good luck bro!

Comment

yeah i did apply at a bunch of different sites but only call backs i got were for over the road which i'm not going to do. or a city job for 12 bucks an hour. who drives a semi for 12 bucks an hour. check out the new yrc release today? they lied to us all........ wonder if we, holland , will make it through their new lease back program...

Comment

Not much about Holland is being said in all that lease back stuff..maybe they will just let us ride like New Penn.I think most of that lease back is conserning the consalidation of Road Way and Yellow.They will have propeties in the same towns that will be vacant.In Cincinnati,OH Roadway is going to stay but the Yellow will not. Holland is right down the hill from both of them.

Comment

You don't think everthing is wonderful if Holland isn't talked about? YRC bought USF for a reason and it wasn't good for the employees.

Comment

glenmore is hiring drivers everyday what does that mean

Comment

Originally posted by bigC View Post
              glenmore is hiring drivers everyday what does that mean
              They are sure getting a work out in KC, I almost thought that the terminal had been moved and Glen Moore moved in the last time I was there...

Comment

OK!, laid-off in illinois, doom and gloom were doomed not gonna make it. Seems the company can lay-off drivers and then require them to be available for work. That i hear is part of the new deal,they call and work a guy and then have to guarantee them three days work or equivalent in pay. Now that would seem nice if i was not on letter of layoff, then i would get three days work. But if on a letter, they have opted to screw up the unemployment benefits. If on layoff over 4 months no more medical coverage. I fail to see where the union has protected anyone from the company forcing hardship on the laid-off people. They need drivers, let them do a recall to regular employment or let the people try and maintain a sense of normalcy during forced poverty. 18 yrs. union time, 31 yrs driving. We are not gonna make it

Comment

Columbus city driver here laid off along with 41 other people

Comment

well, week three of layoff, haven't confirmed anymore than four city drivers on letter.Local 705 chicago is about to cut the line and let me drift out of site, so, new name will be "castaway2009". Were not gonna make it, the sky is falling! I voted no for 10% , So, i win because i'm laid-off and they don't get 10%, HA,HA, wait a second,!?
                    YRCW, You Really Can't Win.
                    Last edited by ; 04-21-2009, 12:25 PM.

Comment

The 90%ers say they are working a lot of overtime to break the 25% rule, If they break it they say the company has to recall one driver from layoff. Who they trying to feed that poop to?

Comment

I am a local driver out of the Raleigh,NC terminal Local 391 - They call me Rooster

Comment

I'm a USF Holland line-haul driver out of Columbus, Ohio at local 413. Had operation 1/4/2008, got back to work on 3/4/2008, laid-off 3/15/2008, back 3/24/2008, laid-off 4/12/2008, back 5/16/2008 and laid-off since 6/14/2008. Now I'm one out of 50 laid-off in Columbus, but alot of the guys laid-off are taking retirement. They are sick of not knowing from one day to the next.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                            I am a local driver out of the Raleigh,NC terminal Local 391 - They call me Rooster
                            Do you know any one from GBO?

Welcome to TeamstersOnline Teamster Forum we are glad to have you here. Tell all your friends about us! Stop by when you can!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyBoy View Post
                              I'm a USF Holland line-haul driver out of Columbus, Ohio at local 413. Had operation 1/4/2008, got back to work on 3/4/2008, laid-off 3/15/2008, back 3/24/2008, laid-off 4/12/2008, back 5/16/2008 and laid-off since 6/14/2008. Now I'm one out of 50 laid-off in Columbus, but alot of the guys laid-off are taking retirement. They are sick of not knowing from one day to the next.
                              Welcome to TeamstersOnline Teamster Forum we are glad to have you here. Tell all your friends about us! Stop by when you can!!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Teamster.

Comment

Working...
                                X