Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old School... and proud!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Flynn, Russia and the World of Conspiracy Thinking

How about these conspiracies...

House Democrats Briefed On 3 Terrifying Plots To Overthrow Government

WASHINGTON ― Capitol Police briefed Democrats on Monday night about three more potentially gruesome demonstrations planned in the coming days, with one plot to encircle the U.S. Capitol and assassinate Democrats and some Republicans. On a private call Monday night, new leaders of the Capitol Police told House Democrats they were closely monitoring three separate plans that could pose serious threats to members of Congress as Washington prepares for Democrat Joe Biden’s presidential inauguration on Jan. 20.

The first is a demonstration billed as the “largest armed protest ever to take place on American soil.” Another is a protest in honor of Ashli Babbitt, the woman killed while trying to climb into the Speaker’s Lobby during Wednesday’s pro-Trump siege of the Capitol. And another demonstration, which three members said was by far the most concerning plot, would involve insurrectionists forming a perimeter around the Capitol, the White House and the Supreme Court, and then blocking Democrats from entering the Capitol ― perhaps even killing them ― so that Republicans could take control of the government.

The members of Congress whom HuffPost spoke to Monday night were extremely concerned by the call. “It was pretty overwhelming,” one member said.

https://www.aol.com/news/house-democ...054413872.html
    along with this one...

FBI: Armed protests planned at all 50 state capitols

The FBI is reportedly monitoring online plans for armed protests across the nation and Washington D.C. leading up to inauguration day. According to an internal FBI bulletin, “armed protests are being planned at all 50 state capitols from the 16 January through at least the 20 January, and at the U.S. Capitol from 17 January to 20 January.” The bureau also said some online posts have vowed to use violence if President Trump is removed from office before the inauguration through impeachment or the 25th Amendment.

Gov. Larry Hogan (R-Md.) addressed security concerns for his state and D.C. during a briefing on Monday. “We are taking additional security measures here at the State House complex with the Capitol Police and the Maryland State Police,” the governor explained. “I have a security team briefing later this afternoon not only to talk about the situation in Maryland, but our additional assistance in Washington with all of our allied police forces in Maryland and with our National Guard.”

https://www.oann.com/fbi-armed-prote...tate-capitols/
    More like another false flag flag if you ask me. Since the lefties gave up posting their opinions on such articles... I thought I'd bring a couple of replies over here from that last article I posted...

Hmm... can't agrue with that one

How about these...

Oh... I do have something to say about that highlighted idiotic post...

You seem to be confusing protests with storming the capital while congress was in session. The storming had the sole purpose of disturning democracy
    Talking about irrational... clueless and plain... outright moronic!!! That's just priceless...lol

It's no wonder why the left is in an all out war censoring the conservatives on facebook and twitter along with the half-way reasonable left being totally silent on sites like this one that isn't censoring the deplorables. Their own party leaders even realize that their useful idiots don't stand a chance when it comes to a reasonable and logical debate.

2. Likes crazy Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    How about these conspiracies...

along with this one...

More like another false flag flag if you ask me. Since the lefties gave up posting their opinions on such articles... I thought I'd bring a couple of replies over here from that last article I posted...

Hmm... can't agrue with that one

How about these...

Oh... I do have something to say about that highlighted idiotic post...

Talking about irrational... clueless and plain... outright moronic!!! That's just priceless...lol

It's no wonder why the left is in an all out war censoring the conservatives on facebook and twitter along with the half-way reasonable left being totally silent on sites like this one that isn't censoring the deplorables. Their own party leaders even realize that their useful idiots don't stand a chance when it comes to a reasonable and logical debate.
    I have read all over social media that the so called armed protest is a set up by the liberals and urging people not to go..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

along with the half-way reasonable left being totally silent on sites like this one
    Docker I don't know if I qualify as being in the half way reasonable left. It's not my intention to be totally silent. But IMO TOL has turned into a smaller scale TB. All I see lately is right wing conspiracy articles. I read the posting a couple of times a day. I don't have the interest or the attention span to read all the articles you guys post. Even if I did read them I doubt that there would be anything I could say to change your minds. IMO it's a shame what TOL has turned into................ When I see a thread or post that interests me I will continue to offer my opinion on that topic.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    Docker I don't know if I qualify as being in the half way reasonable left. It's not my intention to be totally silent. But IMO TOL has turned into a smaller scale TB. All I see lately is right wing conspiracy articles. I read the posting a couple of times a day. I don't have the interest or the attention span to read all the articles you guys post. Even if I did read them I doubt that there would be anything I could say to change your minds. IMO it's a shame what TOL has turned into................ When I see a thread or post that interests me I will continue to offer my opinion on that topic.
    The ones who are the so called left have basically been asked to post their views here, they remain silent.. Maybe because they have nothing to add to the conversation or maybe it is because they cannot control the narrative.. For whatever it is I would hope they post their views on here also..

6. Likes Docker Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    The ones who are the so called left have basically been asked to post their views here, they remain silent.. Maybe because they have nothing to add to the conversation or maybe it is because they cannot control the narrative.. For whatever it is I would hope they post their views on here also..
    Obviously there is something going on here at TOL. But how can you expect us lefties to post our opinions to counter unproven conspiracy theories? I'm no friend of Linsey Graham but I do think he nailed it on the night of the attack on congress.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Obviously there is something going on here at TOL. But how can you expect us lefties to post our opinions to counter unproven conspiracy theories? I'm no friend of Linsey Graham but I do think he nailed it on the night of the attack on congress.

But it is to many on the left that if they don't believe the story or they don't want to believe the story they call it a conspiracy story.. Remember in January 2017 when Trump said that Trump campaign was being spied on and that Trump tower was bugged?? They called him a clown and everyone said just that, a conspiracy story yet today everything Trump claimed was true.. IMO I believe the few members who always posted in the political forum don't post now because they cannot control the narrative.. maybe they can prove me wrong.. Just saying..

9. Likes 1484-1075, Docker Liked this post

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I see your point 2631 but you can't blame the fact that Tol is leaning right on us... that blame falls on your fellow left members just giving up and not posting anymore... unless you are saying that since they gave up posting... then we should too so it evens out. It will even out alright... with no posts at all being posted in the political section.

I like that... right wing conspiracy articles... well... I see nothing but left wing conspiracy articles every single night on CNN... MSNBC... Fox... ABC... CBS and NBC. So you see... the conspiracy is in the eye of the beholder... just because you believe they're right wing conspiracies doesn't mean I do and just because I believe the MSM media is nothing but propaganda... conspiracy theories and outright lies doesn't mean that you do... right? That's why I and many others believe that an exchange of ideas and information is needed to have a meaningful discussion... but only is productive it is fair and balanced.

IMO... we are doing our part... you are doing your part... so... who isn't doing their part? Like I said... you can't blame us for them not willing to challenge any of our posts. That would be like blaming the fox for chasing the chicken... wouldn't you say?

11. Likes crazy, 1484-1075 Liked this post

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

All I see lately is right wing conspiracy articles.
    I'm sure you're not alone... I bet many people in the past once thought as you too 2631...

9 huge government conspiracies that actually happened

We all know the conspiracy theories — the government's plan for 9/11, the second gunman who shot JFK, the evolution of the elite from a race of blood-drinking, shape-shifting lizards. But the people who spread these ideas usually can't prove them. As the years pass, however, secrets surface. Government documents become declassified. We now have evidence of certain elaborate government schemes right here in the US of A...

1. The US Department of the Treasury poisoned alcohol during Prohibition — and people died.

2. The US Public Health Service lied about treating black men with syphilis for more than 40 years.

3. More than 100 million Americans received a polio vaccine contaminated with a potentially cancer-causing virus.

4. Parts of the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, which led to US intervention in Vietnam, never happened.

5. Military leaders reportedly planned terrorist attacks in the US to drum up support for a war against Cuba.

6. The government tested the effects of LSD on unwitting US and Canadian citizens.

7. In 1974, the CIA secretly resurfaced a sunken Soviet submarine with three nuclear-armed ballistic missiles.

8. The US government sold weapons to Iran, violating an embargo, and used the money to support Nicaraguan militants.

9. A public-relations firm organized congressional testimony that propelled US involvement in the Persian Gulf War.

https://www.businessinsider.com/true...racies-2013-12
    Like I said... many others automatically believed it had to be a conspiracy theory if the government was involved. And I'm sure each and every one of them had their own reason as to why they wouldn't accept it to be anything else but. IMO... the government isn't to be trusted and doesn't give a rat's ass about you and nothing is off limits when it comes to getting what they want.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

At some point working class Americans are gonna have to stop with this binary identification of Red-Team/Blue Team,Left/Right,Good-Cop/Bad-Cop,Democrat/Republican,whatever...Neither side is homogeneous,and I truly believe,especially here at TOL,that we are a more 'nuanced' group of people...I can't describe my politics in under 100 words...I also truly believe we all have part of the truth...I know we share a lot of common values,and I can prove it!!!!

I can get you,me,a bunch of brothers and hippies together with the meanest militiamen and guess what?...After a joint and a few beers we're practically family...Ok,Ok,for some,after a few beers we're practically family...I myself couldn't partake because I've been clean and sober since 1986,but the point is,we all care about our country,we all care about our kids and grandkids future,we all cherish our freedom,we all are grateful for our relationship with our higher power and with the land and nature,we all love our families and kids and yes,'sometimes' our wives...LoL...

But there's another group,Independents,those who recognize that 'neither' of the corporate parties offers anything close to what is needed for current political structures to meet the needs of working class Americans...We are nothing but pawns,peons,with NO voice and NO power,and unless we coalesce into a ''third party'' option and 'unite' with all the other pawns and peons against the politicians who answer only to their puppet master who pull their strings and fill their bank accounts...'We the People',are TOAST...

How does Pelosi,a ''public servant'',get to be worth $120 million,or McConnell $34 million without being bought and paid for?....They reek of corruption...Stop voting for millionaires!!!!....I would trust a Teamster truck driver,or the guy or gal changing my tires,or selling me produce long before I would trust those who appear on the ballot representing 'BOTH' parties beholden to the PTB...What is with this fascination with the rich and famous?...They don't give 2 sh*ts about you or your family...IMHO...The PTB have been playing 'We the People' like a roll of dice for a long,long time...

14. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Congressional Hysteria & Hypocrisy Could Doom Liberty

The political hysteria unleashed by last week’s clash at the Capitol between police and Trump protestors poses a growing danger to Americans’ constitutional rights. Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer ludicrously compared the ruckus to Pearl Harbor – a “day of infamy.” Schumer complained that the “temple to democracy was desecrated… our offices vandalized” and that rioters were able to “stalk these hallowed halls.” Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) compared an incursion that broke some windows and furniture with the 1814 British invasion that torched the Capitol.

The pro-Trump mob should not have charged into the Capitol. President Donald Trump should not have fired them up with absurd claims that he won the election “by a landslide.” Even conservative firebrand Ann Coulter declared that “it was assholic [for Trump] to tell a crowd of thousands to march to the capitol.” Trump lawyer Rudolph Giuliani should never have called for a “trial by combat” when addressing Trump supporters. Once the protestors charged into the Capitol, Trump should have speedily called for an end to the confrontation. Trump deserves much of the blame for the Capitol chaos. But the debacle would have been far less without blundering by congressional leadership and their small army of protectors. A Washington Post analysis of the “disastrous failure” by Capitol Police noted, “Security at the Capitol building is controlled by Congress itself.” The Capitol Police have an annual budget of almost half a billion dollars and two thousand officers – equal to the entire police forces of Cleveland or Atlanta. Video showed police standing back as people thronged inside the Capitol. The Post noted, “ One image posted on social media showed an officer taking a selfie with one of the intruders, and a video seemed to show officers opening the security fence to let Trump supporters closer.”

Politicians have been tripling the supposed threat they faced every 24 hours since last Wednesday. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said on Sunday, “We came close to half of the House nearly dying” from the attackers. The only person who was shot at the Capitol was a 35-year-old Air Force female veteran who was killed by a Capitol policeman. Fortunately, none of the protestors showed the homicidal intent akin to the Illinois man who shot four Republican congressmen in 2017 with a semi-automatic rifle at a softball field in Alexandria, Virginia. One policeman was killed when he was dragged into a mob and beaten, and a 34-year-old female Trump supporter was reportedly trampled to death in the clash between police and protestors. Another Trump supporter died of a heart attack and another protestor died of a stroke. Rather than Pearl Harbor or a British invasion, last Wednesday’s ruckus was Lese Majeste, complete with a dude dressed like the Grand Poobah from Fred Flintstone cartoons. Many of the protestors looked like people who simply wanted to stomp their feet, shout, and take some selfies to show friends on social media what they did in Washington.

President-elect Biden said that the protestors’ action was “an assault on the citadel of liberty: the Capitol itself…. An assault on the rule of law like few times we’ve ever seen it.” But rather than a “citadel of liberty,” the Capitol is the locale where politicians have negligently authorized endless assaults on the liberties of average Americans and the lives of uncounted victims around the world. Contrast the violence that lawmakers suffered with the violence that their laws have inflicted. Most of the Trump protestors were less destructive than SWAT teams carrying out a no-knock raid – as happens thousands of times a year in American neighborhoods across the land. These attacks have been aided by a profusion of military-style equipment provided by Congress and federal agencies, as well as by the Justice Department constantly championing the legal prerogatives of law enforcement to use deadly force in almost any situation. An ACLU report characterized SWAT raids as “violent events: numerous (often 20 or more) officers armed with assault rifles and grenades approach a home, break down doors and windows (often causing property damage), and scream for the people inside to get on the floor (often pointing their guns at them).” Failure to instantly submit to SWAT raiders can be a capital offense. A New York Times investigation found that “at least 81 civilians and 13 law enforcement officers died in raids from 2010 through 2016. Scores of others were maimed or wounded.” The vast majority of members of Congress have ignored the perennial police carnage they helped bankroll around the nation.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...down-hangovers
    President Donald Trump should not have fired them up with absurd claims that he won the election “by a landslide.”
    I'm sorry but I don't consider them "absurd claims"... what I do consider is that they are claims that the courts refused to hear!!!

And why... that answer was made by Mitch himself... who finally told the truth for once in his life without even realizing it when he stated it trying to prove another point. His statement... "If this election were overturned by mere allegations from the losing side, our democracy would enter a death spiral,” McConnell said" ... here...

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...o-death-spiral

I have news for him... they wouldn't have been just "mere allegations" any more if the courts would of accepted to hear those claims. I would like to think that everyone... not just the deplorables would demand to know why they refused to even hear those claims because that was the reason for the protest in the first place. That's why Mitch's statement made sense... think about it... after omitting Mitch's BS spin... "If this election were overturned... our democracy would enter a death spiral". That's it in a nutshell right there!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12