Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default 'Infuriated' United pilots union slams cops for forcibly dragging passenger from plan

"The safety and well-being of our passengers is the highest priority for United pilots, and this should not have escalated into a violent encounter," United Master Executive Council, the union representing the airline's 12,500 pilots, wrote in a letter.

"United pilots are infuriated by this event."

At the same time, the pilots sought to clarify their view of the situation.

"This occurred on one of our contracted Express carriers, separately owned and operated by Republic Airline, and was ultimately caused by the grossly inappropriate response by the Chicago Department of Aviation," the pilots wrote.

Major US airlines — including American, Delta, and United — subcontract some of their flights to regional carriers under sub-brands such as American Eagle, Delta Connection, and United Express. Tickets on these flights are sold by the mainline carrier, but are crewed exclusively by the regional airline.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/infuri...hbmcDZW4tVVMEb

2. Likes 222lifer, crazy Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: 'Infuriated' United pilots union slams cops for forcibly dragging passenger from

United is getting their fair share of negative news about this.. We have and a few times found out that United had a flight overbooked.. We have capitalized on it with a few free flights..The last time $1600 in vouchers between us. Only once have we experienced where flight attendants have been on the plane doing this.. We would have given up the seats but they couldn't put us on the same flight the next day.. It's also easier when your retired and don't have a job to go to the next day when you get home.. What the police did was horrible.. What United did about putting out info about the guys checkered past was also horrible.. Although Republic airlines contracts to United it is United that has their name on the planes.. Another one over the weekend with a couple going to their wedding in Central America and they got kicked off a plane in Houston.. But like all stories there are two sides and I think that maybe these people were looking for a payday.. Two entirely different stories but in the long run once again it is United's name in the negative way..

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/united...RYZJsAOhtjmolQ

An engaged couple flying on United Airlines from Houston, Texas, to their wedding in Costa Rica were removed by a federal law enforcement officer from the flight on Saturday amid disputed circumstances, according to media reports.

The removal comes at a time of heightened scrutiny of the airline’s approach to customer service after a video emerged a week ago showing security officers dragging a bloodied passenger off an overbooked United Express flight in Chicago.

United said the couple repeatedly tried to sit in more expensive seats for which they had not paid and would not follow flight crew instructions, according to the KHOU 11 New channel in Houston.

United, owned by United Continental Holdings ual , did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Sunday evening.

But here is where the story gets interesting..

Michael Hohl and his fiancée, Amber Maxwell, gave a different account. Hohl said he and Maxwell found another passenger sleeping sprawled across their seats after they were the last to board the flight, according to an interview with KHOU.
    Now anyone that flies a bit knows that no one can be sprawled across a few sites prior to takeoff.. Too many questions in this story.. Like I said before I think they were looking for a wedding present from United.. A big payday..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Default Re: 'Infuriated' United pilots union slams cops for forcibly dragging passenger from

I'm by no means a defender of big business but I'm with United in both cases.. When a cop orders you to do something you comply. After refusing police warnings 3 times to give up his seat the good doctor was told what would happen. He still didn't comply and the end result was he was forcibly removed from the plane. Now he's looking for a giant payday. IMO that's like Rodney King resisting arrest and collecting millions while his passenger complied and got squat. There is something wrong with the system

5. Likes crazy Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I'm by no means a defender of big business but I'm with United in both cases.. When a cop orders you to do something you comply. After refusing police warnings 3 times to give up his seat the good doctor was told what would happen. He still didn't comply and the end result was he was forcibly removed from the plane. Now he's looking for a giant payday. IMO that's like Rodney King resisting arrest and collecting millions while his passenger complied and got squat. There is something wrong with the system
    You make an excellent point. Personally, I have been involved in several traffic stops, a couple of them in where I had a firearm with me, and one domestic call. Those incidents became nothing more than conversations with the officers involved. Simply put, I communicated I had a firearm as the officer approached my vehicle. I followed his commands and everything went smoothly. The domestic call resulted in me calmly waiting for the officers to arrive outside the residence. A brief conversation with them and I was free to go. My advice to anyone would be to listen to the instructions and comply. Don't give them a reason to use force.

7. Likes 2631 Liked this post