Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Supreme court case

This is a sad example of discrimination. I know love and caring of a child should be a first priority for any child in need of a home. I can also say that some "normal" families shouldn't have, or care for children. Any loving and able family should be allowed to adopt. I also believe if any people can provide the home, the care and the love a child needs, that should be all that is required.

Trump admin to Supreme Court: Let adoption agencies reject LGBTQ families
    In the latest example of the Trump administration seeking to enable legal discrimination against LGBTQ people, the Justice Department is calling on the U.S. Supreme Court to allow religious-affiliated adoption agencies to refuse child placement into LGBTQ homes.
    In a 35-page brief, U.S. Solicitor General Noel Francisco and other Justice Department attorneys maintain the City of Philadelphia has “impermissibly discriminated against religious exercise” under the First Amendment by requiring Catholic Social Services to abide by a contract requiring LGBTQ non-discrimination practices in child placement.
    The case came about after the City of Philadelphia learned in March 2018 that Catholic Social Services, which the city had hired to provide foster care services to children in child welfare, was refusing to license same-sex couples despite a contract prohibiting these agencies from engaging in anti-LGBTQ discrimination.
    When the city said it would terminate the contract, Catholic Social Services sued on the basis it can maintain the contract and refuse placement into LGBTQ homes for religious reasons under the guarantee of free exercise of religion under the First Amendment.
    “While this case involves rejecting LGBTQ families, if the court accepts the claims made in this case, not only will this hurt children in foster care by reducing the number of families to care for them, but anyone who depends on a wide range of government services will be at risk of discrimination based on their sexual orientation, religion or any other characteristic that fails a provider’s religious litmus test.”
    https://www.washingtonblade.com/2020...gbtq-families/

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

I know the pro second amendment crowd didn't want to hear this.

Supreme Court refusals deal big blow to Second Amendment, gun rights groups say
    The Supreme Court announced on Monday that they would refuse to hear 10 different cases appealing various gun laws that litigants say violates their Second Amendment rights.
    Among the cases that the court refused to hear were assault weapons bans in Massachusetts and Cook County, Illinois. The Supreme Court also elected not to hear similar cases from multiple states on permit requirements to carry a gun outside of the home for self-defense. The court also passed up a case out of California dealing with the “microstamping” of handgun ammunition as well as bans on interstate handgun sales.
    The right to carry has always been a hot topic among truckers, but a recent rash of highway violence brought about by protests over the death of George Floyd has brought gun rights to the forefront of conversation in many trucking industry circles.
    https://cdllife.com/2020/supreme-cou...ts-groups-say/

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Sadly, another loss for the Former disgraced and impeached President Trump.
    Does this mean the chickens are coming home to roost ?

Justices will not block New York grand jury subpoena for Trump’s records
    The Supreme Court on Monday cleared the way for a New York grand jury to obtain former President Donald Trump’s financial records.
    Trump filed his reply brief on Oct. 19, but the justices did not act on Trump’s request for over four months – an unusually long time for an emergency request to put a lower-court ruling on hold. In a brief notation as part of the “orders in pending cases” section of Monday’s regularly scheduled order list, the court indicated only that Trump’s request to block the subpoena had been denied. The court did not explain the reason for the delay in acting on Trump’s plea, nor did it indicate how the justices had voted.
    https://www.scotusblog.com/2021/02/j...rumps-records/

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post

Justices will not block New York grand jury subpoena for Trump’s records

https://www.scotusblog.com/2021/02/j...rumps-records/
    You forgot to mention "Acquitted by the senate TWICE"

5. Likes unionman, 1484-1075, Docker Liked this post
    Old School... and proud!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Even with the few posts you make these days...the ones that you do post aren't accurate at all. Yes... it was another loss for the former feared Pesident Trump who was the recipient of two failed impeachment hearings by the corrupt and bias house of representatives.

So sadly... this post of yours was just another loss from the failed and currently disgraced super moderator fxstc07. And no... it sure doesn't mean the chickens are coming home to roost... it means that the chickens who suddenly find themselves having to fend for themselves... are running for cover... except for the occasional peck or two like the one you just had here.

Anything else you need answered?

7. Likes crazy, 1484-1075 Liked this post

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Sadly... Trump himself doesn't even know your pitiful ass even exists so he won't be responding which really would be a treat to see how you would respond or not respond (my bet would be the latter) to him if did so I'll post his response to the Supreme Court Tax Return Decision...

Trump’s Full Response to Supreme Court Tax Return Decision

Former President Donald Trump released a statement after the Supreme Court’s decision to not halt the release of his taxes to a Manhattan district attorney, saying it’s a continuation of a “witch hunt” against him.

Earlier in the day, the Supreme Court threw out Trump’s request to place a lower court ruling on hold that directs his accounting firm, Mazars USA, to comply with a subpoena that would turn over his tax records and financial documents to a grand jury convened by Democratic Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance.

Here is the full statement he released via email:

“This investigation is a continuation of the greatest political Witch Hunt in the history of our Country, whether it was the never ending $32 million Mueller hoax, which already investigated everything that could possibly be investigated, ‘Russia Russia Russia,’ where there was a finding of ‘No Collusion,’ or two ridiculous ‘Crazy Nancy’ inspired impeachment attempts where I was found NOT GUILTY. It just never ends!
    So now, for more than two years, New York City has been looking at almost every transaction I’ve ever done, including seeking tax returns which were done by among the biggest and most prestigious law and accounting firms in the U.S. The Tea Party was treated far better by the IRS than Donald Trump. The Supreme Court never should have let this “fishing expedition” happen, but they did. This is something which has never happened to a President before, it is all Democrat-inspired in a totally Democrat location, New York City and State, completely controlled and dominated by a heavily reported enemy of mine, Governor Andrew Cuomo. These are attacks by Democrats willing to do anything to stop the almost 75 million people (the most votes, by far, ever gotten by a sitting president) who voted for me in the election—an election which many people, and experts, feel that I won. I agree!
    The new phenomenon of “headhunting” prosecutors and AGs—who try to take down their political opponents using the law as a weapon—is a threat to the very foundation of our liberty. That’s what is done in third world countries. Even worse are those who run for prosecutorial or attorney general offices in far-left states and jurisdictions pledging to take out a political opponent. That’s fascism, not justice—and that is exactly what they are trying to do with respect to me, except that the people of our Country won’t stand for it.
    In the meantime, murders and violent crime are up in New York City by record numbers, and nothing is done about it. Our elected officials don’t care. All they focus on is the persecution of President Donald J. Trump.
    I will fight on, just as I have, for the last five years (even before I was successfully elected), despite all of the election crimes that were committed against me. We will win!”
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/read-t...n_3706593.html

9. Likes crazy, 1484-1075 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    Sadly... Trump himself doesn't even know your pitiful ass even exists so he won't be responding which really would be a treat to see how you would respond or not respond (my bet would be the latter) to him if did so I'll post his response to the Supreme Court Tax Return Decision...
    I just wonder how many days will go by before those tax returns are "Leaked" to the NY Times.. That could lead to a what comes first moment. When are Trumps tax returns on the front page of the NY Times or do we have a Madame President.. This could be a daily double bet with a over/under..

11. Likes 1484-1075, Docker Liked this post

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I just wonder how many days will go by before those tax returns are "Leaked" to the NY Times.. That could lead to a what comes first moment. When are Trumps tax returns on the front page of the NY Times or do we have a Madame President.. This could be a daily double bet with a over/under..
    I'd like to see Hunter's and Pelosi's tax returns... how's that for having a snowball's chance in hell... lol

13. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I'll take the under on Trump's tax returns and the over on us having a female president

15. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    LOL crazy LOL this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Another "kraken" loss at the Supreme Court. No surprise.

Supreme Court Rejects Sidney Powell’s Election Fraud Petitions without Further Comment
    The Supreme Court rejected two mandamus petitions that Sidney Powell and other “Kraken”-aligned lawyers filed in late December. Those cases were stylized as In re Tyler Bowyer, et al. and In Re William Feehan. The cases took issue with the election results in Arizona and Wisconsin, where Trump lost to Joe Biden.
    “The petitions for writs of mandamus are denied,” the court said Monday. That’s it, that’s the order.
    Surprising no one but perhaps Powell herself, the Court booted the Georgia Kraken suit on February 11 and the Michigan tentacle on February 22 — both without comment.
    https://lawandcrime.com/supreme-cour...rther-comment/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast