Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teamsters Local 320 Builds Public Sector Power with Back-to-Back Organizing Victories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamsters Local 320 Builds Public Sector Power with Back-to-Back Organizing Victories

Teamsters Local 320 successfully organized two new bargaining units: Zumbrota Public Works and Tri-County Probation. The Zumbrota workers provide wastewater treatment and a number of other vital services to the City of Zumbrota, Minn. The Tri-County Probation Officers provide supervision and rehabilitation for criminal defendants for Norman, Polk, and Red Lake counties in Northwestern Minnesota.

“Congratulations to our newest members, who demonstrated an extraordinary level determination, solidarity and courage during this organizing campaign,” said Brian Aldes, Local 320 Secretary-Treasurer. “We look forward to negotiating contracts for these public servants that reflect the vital role that they play in their communities.”

The public works and wastewater workers for the City of Zumbrota are currently in the process of negotiating their first labor contract, and decided to join the Teamsters to preserve their working conditions.

“I knew I couldn’t protect my co-workers on my own,” said one of the Zumbrota workers. “I knew we needed a union to guarantee we had our rights!”
    https://teamster.org/news/2019/07/te...zing-victories
Working...
X