Fatal crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal crash

This accident happened yesterday on a section of the New York thruway ( northway ) which is I-87.
    No word on identity, but word is it is a Camp Hill driver.
    Can't see much in news video, but you can see the green trailer in some pictures.
    Prayers for his family.

State Police investigating fatal tractor-trailer crash on the Northway
    QUEENSBURY N.Y. (WRGB) - CBS6 is still waiting on the identity of the truck driver killed early Wednesday morning in a crash on the Northway.
    The crash involving two tractor trailers happened near exit 18 northbound in Warren County.
    It happened around 3:30 A.M. It wasn’t until 13 hours later that one lane of traffic was reopen northbound.
    State police say a tractor trailer headed north struck another disabled tractor trailer.Both of the trucks rolled over.
    https://cbs6albany.com/news/local/pa...r-trailer-fire

Re: Fatal crash

RIP brother

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Follow up story about this fatal crash. Seems the surviving driver lied about the lead up to the accident.

UPDATED: State Police say surviving driver made false statement about crash
      State Police have determined the driver blamed for a fatal crash Wednesday on the Northway initially gave them a false account of what happened, and that his truck crashed into guardrails and landed in the highway’s right lane before the deadly collision, officials said.
      One tractor-trailer driver died and the other was unhurt when their vehicles collided around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday in the northbound lanes near Exit 18.
      State Police have not released the name of the driver who died, as they work to confirm his identity. He is not from the Glens Falls region. Police believe they know who he is, but are awaiting confirmation through comparison of dental records or DNA to make a final determination.
      One truck was carrying groceries for Hannaford, and the other had fertilizer and paper products for Pennsylvania-based trucking company New Penn. Calls to both companies’ corporate headquarters were not immediately returned Thursday.
      https://poststar.com/news/local/upda...a7000817c.html

Comment

The driver's name has been officially released.
        I had heard though the grapevine that it was Scott R., but was unable to confirm
        My condolences to the family.

Pa. man killed in fiery NY tractor-trailer crash
        A York Haven truck driver was killed in a tractor-trailer crash last week north of Albany.

The New York State Police identified 61-year-old Scott W. Rorapaugh as the second truck driver in the Northway crash that shut down traffic Wednesday on Interstate 87.
        https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/0...ler-crash.html

Comment

Our condolences to the Rorapaugh family. Once again, RIP brother.

Comment

Normally I question some of these fundraisers, but I know this is legitimate, and my guess is the family is suffering after his sudden death.
            So the family has set up a "gofundme" to assist in memorial expenses.

https://www.gofundme.com/scott-rorapaugh-memorial-fund

Comment

Sad day at our terminal today. Really nice guy.
              Sometimes it makes ya wonder what the Hell we're doing this for.
              https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...nj/3586783001/
              A Pennsylvania man was killed after two tractor-trailers crashed on Route 287 in Oakland early Wednesday morning, state police said.

At about 2:35 a.m., one tractor-trailer crashed into a second one, causing it to overturn on a section of the highway just north of Skyline Drive, State Police Sgt. Lawrence Peele said. The driver of the second tractor-trailer was ejected from the vehicle when it overturned, he said.
              The ejected driver, Jeffrey Daniels, 51, of Sinking Springs, Pennsylvania, was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead just before 5 a.m., Peele said. There were no other injuries as a result of the crash, he added.
              Last edited by slavenomore; 09-30-2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Sad news. RIP brother.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

RIP ,condolences to family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

RIP to the family.
                    A sober reminder this profession is not without great risks.
                    Be safe out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X