Entitlements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitlements

Another idiotic and foolish idea...If they go after Social Security,they won't have any money to RAID in the Social Security Trust Fund to finance their other larcenies...Social Security,is also a source of tax revenue,although,as we all know,it shouldn't be...Corporate America likes to keep its workers desperate and in dire straights,to keep them compliant,and not concentrating on organizing UNIONS...Still,we are surely heading for a tidal wave of Homelessness,with the number of homeless TRIPLING in 10 years...While Corporate America,and their Puppet Politicians in BOTH Political Parties won't even LOOK at what they've done to this Country...''BASTARDS''

They're EFFIN You...Your Kids...Your Grandkids...Your Country,and the whole EFFIN World,and 99% of Americans have no EFFIN idea how these Corporate Parasites and Politicians are EFFIN US ALL....Wake the F$$K Up!!!!!!!!

Corporate Democrats are as Evil as Corporate Republicans...When will Working Class Americans start worrying about ''THEIR'' Best Interests,and stop following the RED/TEAM-BLUE TEAM Divide and Conquer BS?....You want to know when?...When freaking DONKEYS and ELEPHANTS Fly....That's WHEN!!!!!!!!!

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ering-slashing

Biden Says He’s the Workers’ Candidate, But He Has Worked To Cut Medicare and Social Security - In These Times

''They coming for your Medicare and Social Security and they'll get it all''....George Carlin as usual....WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUaqFzZLxU

Re: Entitlements

This has been the GOPs wet dream since FDR and LBJ instituted these programs...And NOW,with the help of Corporate Democrats,they will bankrupt the Federal Government through obscene military spending and tax cuts,then CUT or just DO AWAY with the ''Entitlements'' that hard working class Americans spent their entire lifetimes earning,and then just declare bankruptcy...After all,President Trump knows all about bankruptcy...

Here's a novel idea,how about cutting spending for the MIC,instead of just giving the Pentagon a BLANK CHECK...The U.S. spends more on the Military then the next 7 to 10 countries COMBINED,including Russia and China...To what end?....Don't tell me,let me guess...DEATH and DESTRUCTION?...''BINGO''

The Corporate Fascists will TAKE as MUCH as WE let them take...They WILL NOT stop TAKING until WE have nothing left if WE don't do something to STOP them ONE WAY or ANOTHER...

I am once again reminded of the words of Fredrick Douglas when he wrote that:

https://rationalinsurgent.com/2013/1...hout-a-demand/

History is OUR guide in this,and today it is no different then it ever has been....You want Freedom,Justice and Hope?...Your going to have to FIGHT for it!!!!!!

Comment

I feel totally disgusted, defeated, and no hope for what has happened to our country. I told my husband I would move to Canada if I could (and of course take my whole family with me). I am sick of worrying about SS, pensions, and what will happen to us when husband retires or what might happen to his job while he is still working. Is this the way to live? I have been watching a series on Netflix called "diagnosis" and so far, every patient has been financially destroyed by medical bills while one is invited to Italy for free testing to help diagnose her rare illness. It just got me so angry. Nothing is right in our country right now. It is not just our politicians that are owned by corporate America, it is all of us. And we are all paying the price in a huge way. I think how my grandparents were living when they were my age. There is no comparison.
      Last edited by ABFwife; 08-27-2019, 07:15 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
        I feel totally disgusted, defeated, and no hope for what has happened to our country. I told my husband I would move to Canada if I could (and of course take my whole family with me). I am sick of worrying about SS, pensions, and what will happen to us when husband retires or what might happen to his job while he is still working. Is this the way to live? I have been watching a series on Netflix called "diagnosis" and so far, every patient has been financially destroyed by medical bills while one is invited to Italy for free testing to help diagnose her rate illness. It just got me so angry. Nothing is right in our country right now. It is not just our politicians that are owned by corporate America, it is all of us. And we are all paying the price in a huge way. I think how my grandparents were living when they were my age. There is no comparison.
        I totally agree with most of what you said but I highly doubt you will ever move to Canada..

Comment

Since we have Leningrad Lindsey telling us the reason for the deficit going up is entitlements.
          Moscow Mitch said the only way to lower the deficit is to cut Social Security and Medicare.

Seems likely if the republicans had complete control over the congress and senate we would be facing those cuts that someone promised would never happen.

Donald Trump won’t say it, but Republicans in the Senate will: Social Security and Medicare would be on the chopping block in a second Trump term. Pointing to rising deficits, Republican senators have all but promised to gut entitlements if Trump gets four more years.
          Sen. John Thune (R-SD), the second-ranking Senate Republican, expressed hope to the New York Times that Trump would be “interested” in reforming Social Security and Medicare. Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY) was even more optimistic. “We’ve brought it up with President Trump, who has talked about it being a second-term project,” Barrasso said. Senate Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has made no secret of wanting to cut Social Security.
          Today, you can see the “starve the beast” tactic clearly in the 2017 tax cuts—the main cause of the projected record deficits—to future spending cuts. Trump’s top economic adviser Larry Kudlow, a veteran of the Reagan administration, has made this argument himself. He explicitly invoked “starve the beast” in a 1996 Wall Street Journal op ed:

"Tax cuts impose a restraint on the size of government. Tax cuts will starve the beast… Specifically, tax cuts provide a policy incentive to search for market solutions to the problems of Social Security, health care, education and the environment."
          Kudlow is another of the dangerous swamp critters that have slittered back into the picture, playing straight from Ronnie Rayguns handbook.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/teresag.../#7da066113794
          Last edited by fxstc07; 08-26-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I feel totally disgusted, defeated, and no hope for what has happened to our country. I told my husband I would move to Canada if I could (and of course take my whole family with me). I am sick of worrying about SS, pensions, and what will happen to us when husband retires or what might happen to his job while he is still working. Is this the way to live? I have been watching a series on Netflix called "diagnosis" and so far, every patient has been financially destroyed by medical bills while one is invited to Italy for free testing to help diagnose her rate illness. It just got me so angry. Nothing is right in our country right now. It is not just our politicians that are owned by corporate America, it is all of us. And we are all paying the price in a huge way. I think how my grandparents were living when they were my age. There is no comparison.
            Outstanding commentary ABFwife,simply outstanding...spoken with honesty,truth,conviction,and a passion that comes directly from the heart...and your so right about all of it!!!!!

The reason both corrupt political parties are not addressing climate change,unregulated global capitalism,mounting social inequality,a bloated military,endless foreign wars,out of control deficits,mass shootings,gun violence,opiate addiction,crumbling infrastructure,millions without healthcare,homelessness,poverty,and now even pedophiles in power is because addressing these issues is not the point,nor the goal...

The point has always been,and will forever be,about ''POWER'' and of course ''MONEY''...The rest is a maze of litmus tests,smokescreens,BS,fig leaves...whatever it takes to keep the masses divided,distracted,and brainwashed...

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...e-moral-purity

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
              I totally agree with most of what you said but I highly doubt you will ever move to Canada..
              You don't have to highly doubt it, it just won't happen. Odd response because the point of my post was not about moving to Canada.

Comment

You don't have to highly doubt it, it just won't happen. Odd response because the point of my post was not about moving to Canada.
                I told my husband I would move to Canada if I could (and of course take my whole family with me).

From your original post on the first line.. But I am glad your gonna stick it out here..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                  i told my husband i would move to canada if i could (and of course take my whole family with me).

from your original post on the first line.. But i am glad your gonna stick it out here..
                  I am quite aware of what I said. If I could! Not when I could. Yeah like I could move and take all my kids and grandchildren with me. Not in this lifetime.
                  Last edited by ABFwife; 08-28-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Speaking of Canada.........

Opinion  - Make U.S.… More Like Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Sayheykid View Post
                      Speaking of Canada.........

Opinion* - Make U.S.… More Like Canada
                      Interesting article kid. Last year we cruised to Alaska. We spoke with a few people from Canada. They confirmed that they paid higher taxes. They also confirmed they received more "bang for their buck" so to speak.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by 222lifer; 09-01-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Every person that lives in a country that provides more, in terms of healthcare and social services, pays higher taxes.
                        Bottom line, it costs less because you don't have those astronomical costs associated with medical and your most likely given a pension.

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                          Interesting article kid. Last year we cruised to Akaska. We spoke with a few people from Canada. They confirmed that they paid higher taxes. They also confirmed they received more "bang for their buck" so to speak.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
                          As I think I have said before here on TOL "It's not what you pay in taxes, it's what you get from your taxes". I know people I work with that are from the right and they live in towns with very high tax rates (Property Tax) with very little services (Trash pick up must go to the dump and still pay per-bag when you get there) and they cry about taxes....go figure..

Also I work with a guy who's son moved to Canada......Quebec City...his wife was not too happy about it (only child)....would like to go there sometime myself Hear it's a beautiful city closest city in North America to a European City and my wife can speak French...her parents are from Quebec.

Comment

Working...
                          X