owning gun God given right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: owning gun God given right

Your simple approach can be made to cars killing us too. Ban cars.

Why have you not posted my post on red flag laws include known gang members which are actually doing the killing?

Funny you post CEO'S are demanding rights be taken away.
    All these laws will do is make criminals out of good people who will not give up their guns. As in NJ law that bans high capacity magazine yet not one was turned in, not one. Even under threat of penalty 18 months in prison and $10,000 fine. Not counting lawyer fees. You would be bankrupt and destroyed by your oppressive Government.
    Last edited by 222lifer; 09-16-2019, 12:09 AM. Reason: Post moderation is not suppression.

Comment

I think anyone seeing what our government has become and at the same time would like to disarm the people,well,they're just not thinking straight...It is irrefutable that totalitarian regimes always attempt to disarm the people...The US government hasn't done it yet because it doesn't need to...Why use lethal force when the masses can be EASILY manipulated by Corporate media without it?...The lack of will is also attributed to the NRA's lobbying power and the impossible logistics of confiscating 300 to 400 million firearms,over a 100 million of which are unregistered...

It isn't a question of who will win...It's a question of retaining the ability to resist and defend one's self and family rather than cower in submission in the event it comes to that...This isn't a right or left wing position...It's the position of any thinking person who understands what governments are capable of...

Owning a gun is a lot of responsibility and not for a lot of people,especially those with anger problems,mental issues,and those with no common sense...Owning a gun requires more responsibility and self control than a lot of people can handle or are capable of...Sadly,there are to many people like that getting guns and for all the wrong reasons...People are the problem today,not guns...

Roughly 12,000 people per year in the US are killed by guns(excluding suicides)...Hospital errors kill at least 10 times that number...Smoking kills about 40 times as many Americans...Alcohol kills 88,000 Americans a year...You see my point....

Why people get hung up on this subject is understandable,and anyone with any sense is fine with responsible gun ownership,not so fine with the mentally and emotionally unstable having them...

''I grew up in the South...Everybody had guns,but we didn't shoot each other...The problem today isn't guns...The problem today is that no one has any respect for Human Life''...
      Samuel L Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
        Lets us know as soon as any of the democrats candidates has a plan that doesnt punish the legal gun owners, while they protect the criminal element that they so greatly adore.REALITY at its best
        ''criminal element that they so greatly adore''...WHAT???...ADORE???...What criminal element?...You mean the Wall St criminals that crashed the economy that caused Millions of people to lose their homes,jobs,healthcare and pensions,and the untold thousands of people that committed suicide because of it...Millions of people that lost EVERYTHING and NOT one of those Scumbags went to prison because of it...(and yes,Thank You Barack Obama)...You mean those criminals?...Be specific...Be clear...Say what you mean...What criminals?...Don't hold back now Brother...I'll have more respect for you if your honest...Now,one more time...What Criminal Element?????

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
          I think anyone seeing what our government has become and at the same time would like to disarm the people,well,they're just not thinking straight...It is irrefutable that totalitarian regimes always attempt to disarm the people...The US government hasn't done it yet because it doesn't need to...Why use lethal force when the masses can be EASILY manipulated by Corporate media without it?...The lack of will is also attributed to the NRA's lobbying power and the impossible logistics of confiscating 300 to 400 million firearms,over a 100 million of which are unregistered...

It isn't a question of who will win...It's a question of retaining the ability to resist and defend one's self and family rather than cower in submission in the event it comes to that...This isn't a right or left wing position...It's the position of any thinking person who understands what governments are capable of...

Owning a gun is a lot of responsibility and not for a lot of people,especially those with anger problems,mental issues,and those with no common sense...Owning a gun requires more responsibility and self control than a lot of people can handle or are capable of...Sadly,there are to many people like that getting guns and for all the wrong reasons...People are the problem today,not guns...

Roughly 12,000 people per year in the US are killed by guns(excluding suicides)...Hospital errors kill at least 10 times that number...Smoking kills about 40 times as many Americans...Alcohol kills 88,000 Americans a year...You see my point....

Why people get hung up on this subject is understandable,and anyone with any sense is fine with responsible gun ownership,not so fine with the mentally and emotionally unstable having them...

''I grew up in the South...Everybody had guns,but we didn't shoot each other...The problem today isn't guns...The problem today is that no one has any respect for Human Life''...
          Samuel L Jackson
          Living out west our guns are a right of passage. We hunt. We enjoy the shooting sports.

Not a thing wrong with a gun in the right hands. Common sense goes a long way and is justification enough that there are MANY that should not be allowed to own a firearm. There are hundreds of examples on YouTube. Watch a few of the "epic gun fails" videos and you quickly learn why MANY should not be allowed to own a firearm.

Here is a prime example. Some folks brought exploding targets out last summer and burned a good portion of skull valley. The fire risk was high in the area. They fire steel core surplus ammo (another brilliant thought) in these tinder box conditions. One spark and it's all over. Most likely a member of the same group that litters as well. They leave their unreloadable 7.62X39 spent cases all over the ground. The SKS and AK-47 fire that caliber.

I feel that owning a gun is a privilege. Personally, I have no problem with thorough background checks. Been there, done that many times in my work and as a firearm collector. It's a step in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
          Last edited by 222lifer; 09-16-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by strapdrager View Post
            I can only assume this post was meant as a quote to mine as it was not directly quoted.

That approach I eluded to was "sensible," not "simple" as you implied. There is nothing "simple" about it. This is a very complex issue we're discussing here.

Why have you not posted my post on red flag laws include known gang members which are actually doing the killing?
            The sooner you learn to properly conduct yourself on this site, the quicker your privileges might return. End of story.

All these laws will do is make criminals out of good people who will not give up their guns. As in NJ law that bans high capacity magazine yet not one was turned in, not one. Even under threat of penalty 18 months in prison and $10,000 fine. Not counting lawyer fees. You would be bankrupt and destroyed by your oppressive Government.
            So you say. Demanding rights be taken away?

As for NJ....

"Thousands and thousands” of large-capacity magazines are stored currently at GunSitters in Whippany, where gun owners have handed over their large-capacity magazines, taking advantage of the storage option as litigation plays out, Rebels said. Some have turned over more than 100 magazines, which are held in a 3,000-square-foot steel vault.
            https://www.nj.com/news/2019/09/nj-g...eel-vault.html

That isn't taking into account those that may have already modified their magazines.

Let me ask you this Strappy. Do you hunt migratory birds? You'll need to "modify" the magazine on your shotgun to comply with that "Federal" law as well. Maybe we should just scrap that law and allow "punt" guns again? Slaughter ducks by the dozens with one shot. Ducks and geese have it better than humans I guess? Someone actually cared about them being blasted into extinction.
            https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/punt-gun-1910-1920/

Last edited by 222lifer; 09-21-2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Colt suspends production of AR-15 for civilian market

"Gunmaker Colt says it is suspending its production of rifles for the civilian market including the popular AR-15.

Colt’s chief executive officer, Dennis Veilleux, says it is not permanently ending production but believes there is already an adequate supply of sporting rifles on the market. He said in a statement Thursday the company will concentrate on fulfilling military and law enforcement contracts with its rifle manufacturing.

The West Hartford, Connecticut-based company has received some criticism from gun rights advocates for moving away from the civilian market." Read more...

https://apnews.com/fbdf5e5f6d654332bbedfaffe3663154

Comment

It's funny that you bring up driving cars.....most people think it's a "God Given Right" to drive and car....but here in that Liberal Meca State called "Massachusetts" it is consider a "Privilege" to drive (probably most other states too)....like owning a gun, driving holds a lot of responsibility....so maybe the Second Amendment should be change from a "Constitutional Right" to a "Privilege"...and by the way no one is taking your guns away......but you have to admit we have a gun problem here in the good old USA.

You can make laws that state that if you have a gun without a permit you will go to jail for life.......but what happens when a person of wealth and privilege gets caught without a permit? Bet he doesn't go to jail for life?

Comment

Originally posted by Sayheykid View Post
                  It's funny that you bring up driving cars.....most people think it's a "God Given Right" to drive and car....but here in that Liberal Meca State called "Massachusetts" it is consider a "Privilege" to drive (probably most other states too)....like owning a gun, driving holds a lot of responsibility....so maybe the Second Amendment should be change from a "Constitutional Right" to a "Privilege"...and by the way no one is taking your guns away......but you have to admit we have a gun problem here in the good old USA.

You can make laws that state that if you have a gun without a permit you will go to jail for life.......but what happens when a person of wealth and privilege gets caught without a permit? Bet he doesn't go to jail for life?
                  More laws won't solve the problem, how about fully enforcing the the laws that are currently in place, instead of whining continuously about new laws that won't work, other than punish the law abiding citizens.
                  We have a people problem, not a gun problem.

Comment

You all should just turn in your guns
                    After the ar15 is remove, which is to small to hunt with here.
                    They will come for the other guns
                    First for your safety of every one will have to register. So they know where they are
                    When they realize handgun shoot as fast and with multiple bullets and easier to conceal they will come for those too

Comment

Originally posted by Sayheykid View Post

I lean towards owning a gun as a "privilege" kid. This is coming from someone that has no trouble with thorough background checks as I have had many for my jobs and acquiring a FFL.

Comment

You all should just turn in your guns
                        After the ar15 is remove, which is to small to hunt with here.
                        They will come for the other guns
                        First for your safety of every one will have to register. So they know where they are
                        When they realize handgun shoot as fast and with multiple bullets and easier to conceal they will come for those too

Why is a saw-off shotgun Illegal?

Comment

I'd like an experiment run where they give every nonfelon legal registered adult in PA an AR...×whatever it is......and see what happens over the next 10 year's....Id think it would become much more safe that way than taking them away.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
                            I'd like an experiment run where they give every nonfelon legal registered adult in PA an AR...×whatever it is......and see what happens over the next 10 year's....Id think it would become much more safe that way than taking them away.
                            It's a AR-15......way back when....1800's every one pretty much carried a gun out west......and people got shot every day probably face it we are a violent race we love to kill each other and don't forget this Nation was born on violence (War) and we have been at War with some one for almost every year this Country has been around......now people here probably think I want to take away your guns, I don't...call it what you want a gun problem or a people problem...fact is we have a problem here in this Country, more people get killed by guns in this country than probably any other in the World, not to mention more people in jail than any other

Comment

Working...
                            X