Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus

I see Nancy Pelosi did not have to wear a mask to get her hair done.
    I went for my annual stress test on a treadmill in order to get closer to passing my DOT Physical.
    No privilege for me. They made me wear a mask. It was terrible. Must be nice to be the commie queen.

Comment

I can hear the denials already.
      The claims about a book written to make money. That it must be false statements.
      You have to ask yourself this. With all the books about Trump being published, they all can't be wrong.
      This one is full of direct quotes taken during 18 on the record interviews.
      Now ask yourself. Was this President looking out for the citizens best interests ? Or his.

Trump Admits He Lied About COVID-19 Threat In New Woodward Book
      President Donald Trump knew in early February that coronavirus posed a unique and deadly threat to the United States, and was “more deadly than even your strenuous flus.”
      At the time, Trump repeatedly publicly downplayed the virus as no more dangerous than the flu.
      The revelation is one of many in journalist Bob Woodward’s forthcoming book, “Rage,” for which Trump granted Woodward a series of interviews.
      “You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call with Woodward. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”
      “This is deadly stuff,” he repeated.
      “I wanted to always play it down,” Trump told Woodward on March 19, according to a copy of the book obtained by CNN. “I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.”
      According to The Washington Post, the book is based in part on 18 on-the-record interviews with Trump from December through July. Woodward also interviewed former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and former Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats.
      https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump...161812767.html

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
        I can hear the denials already.
        The claims about a book written to make money. That it must be false statements.
        You have to ask yourself this. With all the books about Trump being published, they all can't be wrong.
        This one is full of direct quotes taken during 18 on the record interviews.
        Now ask yourself. Was this President looking out for the citizens best interests ? Or his.

Trump Admits He Lied About COVID-19 Threat In New Woodward Book

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump...161812767.html
        A timeline with every statement made by Orange Julius.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

214,000 deaths ...

For a thread that started in the beginning of February, it sure has a lot of reply's.
          This comment is from the front line workers. Those that know this isn't a hoax, or some other distraction made up by some opposing side or conspiracy nuts.

Nurses urge country to stay vigilant on Covid-19 in face of President’s ‘reckless’ behavior
          National Nurses United today urged people across the country to remain vigilant on Covid-19 precautions while condemning President Trump for behaving in a way that puts those around him and the entire nation at risk, and for cancelling negotiations on a new Covid stimulus legislative package that would help working people and families.

“Nurses call on President Trump to show he cares about the health of the people working in the White House, and the health and safety of people in America by quarantining, wearing a mask, not tweeting irresponsible, unscientific advice, and not holding this stimulus bill hostage,” said NNU Executive Director Bonnie Castillo, RN. Nurses note that after Trump left Walter Reed Medical Center yesterday, he removed his mask before entering the White House.

“Let’s be clear that the White House is still a job site for hundreds of workers, and the president’s reckless, irresponsible behavior ignores the right of those workers to a safe workplace, without their boss walking around shedding a virus that has killed 210,000 people in the United States,” said Castillo.

“President Trump has shown complete disdain and disregard for his employees’ lives,” said NNU President Deborah Burger, RN.
          https://www.nationalnursesunited.org...kless-behavior

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
            slave, I have directed this to you.
            It's from the "scientists" and they claim Trump has politicized the virus by forcing these unproven medical treatments.

F.D.A. ‘Grossly Misrepresented’ Blood Plasma Data, Scientists Say

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/24/h...od-plasma.html
            There's politics in science...and other "scientists" disagree.

Comment

Nancy cares more about her party and their donors and her Queenship....than quickly getting $ into the hands of the people who need it. She will drag this put because she doesn't want Trump writing a check. Her votes are more important.
              No different than the way the rich are called selfish by the left. Pelosi and the top Dems show their true colors...tge same as the ones they act like they oppose.
              Big bucks for themselves is more important.
              https://youtu.be/gqPltMpWIwo

Comment

Governor Murphy hoarding Covid vas in NJ.
                The federal government gave New Jersey almost $2.5 billion in April to help these businesses. But a new state auditor report shows that as of two weeks ago, only 10% of those funds have been spent.
                State Senate Minority Whip Sen. Tom Kean says that this is unacceptable. He says that the rules are clear when it comes to giving out the money.
                “The most important thing is to get these dollars to their intended recipients, the people impacted, small businesses, restaurant owners, mom and pop shops,” Kean says.
                Murphy has set aside $200 million for the economy. He is expected to announce another $100 million on Tuesday. It is important for businesses because most of the relief so far has come from federal loans – loans that are expected to be forgiven.
                https://bronx.news12.com/state-repub...al-covid-funds

Comment

217,000 deaths ... and counting.

It's possible we may have a vaccine available, as the President suggested, however as trials are paused due to illnesses, the chance is looking remote.
                  What a shame this pandemic was bungled from the very beginning. Downplaying the virus was a dangerous mistake.

Two COVID-19 Trials Were Just Paused Within 24 Hours Over Safety Concerns
                  Two late-stage COVID-19 medical trials have been paused in the space of 24 hours over potential safety concerns, the latest setbacks to scientists in the long fight against the pandemic.
                  US pharmaceutical firm Eli Lilly on Tuesday suspended its Phase 3 trial of its lab-produced antibody treatment in hospitalized patients over an unspecified incident.
                  A day earlier, the American pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson temporarily halted its Phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trial due to an unexplained illness in a study participant.
                  Last month, British firm AstraZeneca became the first in the world to announce a pause of its vaccine trials after one patient in Britain was diagnosed with an inflammatory condition affecting the spine.
                  https://www.sciencealert.com/two-cov...afety-concerns

Comment

Not saying there is nothing out there, but things don't add up....watch this video..

https://republicbroadcasting.org/new...t-of-my-mouth/

Comment

225,000 plus have now died.

National Nurses Condemn Statements by Trump, Meadows To Dismiss Covid-19 Deaths, Downplay Toll of Pandemic
                      National Nurses United (NNU) today sharply criticized what nurses called “desperate” statements by President Trump and his Chief of Staff Mark Meadows this weekend intended to deflect and dismiss public outrage of the mounting toll of the Covid-19 pandemic.
                      In a campaign rally Saturday, Trump reasserted an unfounded conspiracy theory that “doctors get more money and hospitals get more money” by inflating the calamitous death reports of patients dying from Covid-19. Earlier today, Meadows piled on, insisting “we are not going to control the pandemic.”
                      Both statements are “especially reckless and dangerous in encouraging Americans to ignore the safety measures so essential to saving lives,” said NNU President Zenei Cortez, RN.
                      “For more than eight months, registered nurses and other health care workers have been putting their lives, their coworkers, and their own families in jeopardy by caring for grievously ill patients, often gasping for breath, and dying from Covid-19,” Cortez said.
                      “Some 2,000 frontline health care workers, including at least 230 nurses, have died too, often working with little or no optimal personal protective equipment and proper hospital safety protocols."
                      https://www.nationalnursesunited.org...-downplay-toll

Comment

I think all this administration does is defend itself from all the lawsuits. It's also an indication of how much this administration cares about the average working class person.

The coronavirus death count now stands at 230,000 plus. We're rounding the corner ! Junior says it's "almost nothing". Maybe it's a "blessing from God" ?

AFT, AFSCME, WSNA, and UNAC/UHCP Sue Trump Admin for Shelving Standard That Would Protect America’s Healthcare Workers From Exposure to Infectious Diseases
                        Today, the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA), and the United Nurses Association of California/Union of Health Care Professionals (UNAC/UHCP) sued(link is external) Labor Secretary Eugene Scalia and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for unlawfully delaying rulemaking on an occupational standard to protect healthcare workers from infectious diseases transmitted by contact, droplets, or air — like influenza, COVID-19, and Ebola. In 2017, the Trump administration tabled work on an Infectious Diseases Standard. It has refused to move forward with the standard amid a catastrophic pandemic — and despite the pleas of healthcare professionals. The administration’s unreasonable delay violates the Administrative Procedure Act and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act).
                        https://www.aft.org/press-release/af...-would-protect

Comment

I had a small wager with an old acquaintance that feels the virus is a hoax. We bet that after the election all this pandemic stuff would magically disappear. I believe I have won the bet, and I haven't heard from him since election day.

Death count over 242,000 people.

Ascension Genesys nurses feel exhausted, underappreciated and unsafe as COVID-19 spreads
                          GRAND BLANC TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WJRT) - As the number of COVID-19 related hospitalizations reaches nearly 3,000 in Michigan, nurses from Ascension Genesys hospital in Grand Blanc Township are feeling taken for granted.
                          The nurses from Teamsters Local 332 are feeling exhausted, underappreciated and unsafe.
                          “People are working 16 hour shifts and they’re doing it days in a row," said nurse Kelly Rivera-Craine, who is a union steward at the hospital.
                          Tuesday evening the steward said there were roughly 80 COVID-19 patients being cared for at Genesys.
                          Teamsters Local 332 members say a staffing shortage is exacerbating the problem. Contractually, nurses in the medical ICU are only supposed to work with one or two patients based on how sick they are, but one nurse is having to monitor three patients in the critical care unit. The union says nurse to patient ratios are also being undermined in the telemetry and acute care units of the hospital.
                          https://www.abc12.com/2020/11/11/asc...id-19-spreads/

Comment

We are over 4000 cases a day.

Comment

We are nearing nearly 2000 a day. In a very unpopulated state, this is out of control levels. We have been under a mask mandate for months along with other mandates but people are refusing to listen, mainly the trump supporters and young people.

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
                                We are nearing nearly 2000 a day. In a very unpopulated state, this is out of control levels. We have been under a mask mandate for months along with other mandates but people are refusing to listen, mainly the trump supporters and young people.
                                Our hospitals are over run.

Comment

Working...
                                X