What did Ya just finish doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post

I think it was ocean lakes,it was a beautiful place.The only slight drawback was it was bike week ,so it was extemely busy.There were a lot of bikers there but weren't allowed to ride bikes into park.Some had setups on the back of their golf carts to tow their bikes to camping spots others parked at the gate and walked into park.
    We stayed a few times in Ocean Lakes.. Nice park We were at Lakewood during Bike week,, They had no restrictions on bikes.. Half the park were there for bike week..

Comment

• Getting the RV ready for the trip to Florida, gonna be down there for about 7 weeks.. Blast off is Sunday morning.. I'll be that camper in the middle lane doing 50..
      Last edited by crazy; 01-05-2024, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• What do you have to do to your house to prep it to be away 7 weeks, turn off the water and what else? Is 7 weeks in a RV a WHOLE lot of togetherness? Are you moving around the state of Florida or staying in 1 place? One last nosy question, are you feeling deprived missing out on that New England northeaster this weekend living in the Palmetto State and not using those snow shovel muscles?

Comment

• Originally posted by unionman View Post
          What do you have to do to your house to prep it to be away 7 weeks, turn off the water and what else? Is 7 weeks in a RV a WHOLE lot of togetherness? Are you moving around the state of Florida or staying in 1 place? One last nosy question, are you feeling deprived missing out on that New England northeaster this weekend living in the Palmetto State and not using those snow shovel muscles?
          I don't turn the water off here at the house.. We just do a quick clean and I take the outdoor furniture cushions and put them inside, Take the patio table umbrella and put that away.. Front porch furniture I put in garage along with any of her little people she has planted around, yesterday I ran over the lawn with the lawnmower to suck up any leaves and crap on the lawn.. Took all the garbage and trash to the local dump.. Check the alarm and make sure the outside cameras are charged.. Mama loads the RV with the beer and food.. We don't eat out much so we cook as much as we can in the RV .. The motorhome we have now is 35 ft but that includes the cab on the Econoline we have {E-450} so we are not cramped .. My oldest has a 27 ft travel trailer that seems everything including the bed is in one room.. And no, I do not miss the weather in the northeast and I have a few friends that send pictures of the snow..

Comment

• A little update to our winter trip.. Made it to Florida in two days as planned but was not with a few setbacks.. Evidentially my electrical cord is either messed up or it is the female connector that is as my slow charge to the battery was not working. Went to unhook and battery was totally dead.. Got unit broke apart and had a charger with us so we able to jump our tow car,, Went to site we were assigned and low and behold there was someone already on it.. Well to shorten it it was three sites later where we got to set up.. Beer time.. Day three and it started this morning as I went to open the black water tank and some leaked onto the ground.. Luckily I was able to clean it up with a hose.. We did walk around the park this morning and got kind of lost.. 2.6 miles later we found our little house on wheels.. Now late in the afternoon the phone is buzzing with weather alerts.. Here come the tornadoes.. Hopefully tomorrow is a wee bit better..

Comment

• Originally posted by crazy View Post
              A little update to our winter trip.. Made it to Florida in two days as planned but was not with a few setbacks.. Evidentially my electrical cord is either messed up or it is the female connector that is as my slow charge to the battery was not working. Went to unhook and battery was totally dead.. Got unit broke apart and had a charger with us so we able to jump our tow car,, Went to site we were assigned and low and behold there was someone already on it.. Well to shorten it it was three sites later where we got to set up.. Beer time.. Day three and it started this morning as I went to open the black water tank and some leaked onto the ground.. Luckily I was able to clean it up with a hose.. We did walk around the park this morning and got kind of lost.. 2.6 miles later we found our little house on wheels.. Now late in the afternoon the phone is buzzing with weather alerts.. Here come the tornadoes.. Hopefully tomorrow is a wee bit better..
              Could be much worse, you could be in the snowy and frigid Midwest. Looks toasty for the Kansas City, Miami football game this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by unionman View Post

Could be much worse, you could be in the snowy and frigid Midwest. Looks toasty for the Kansas City, Miami football game this weekend.
                Miami , Kansas City, put your money on KC. Miami hasn't won a game where the temp has been under 40 in many many moons..

Comment

Working...
                X