What did Ya just finish doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What did Ya just finish doing?

Saying good-bye to my one day a week part time job..

Comment

Getting ready for our moving sale.. Anyone need any shit?? Got lots for sale..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        Getting ready for our moving sale.. Anyone need any shit?? Got lots for sale..
        Biden says a good American would just leave it behind...

Comment

getting ready for our Moving sale, just cannot imagine how much crap you gather after living in the same house for over 35 years.. Wife listed in on social media and although the sale starts this morning we had early buyers yesterday including some of the neighbors .. I listed a bunch of RV stuff that we had duplicates on and one lady came and bought just about all of it and now the wife was complaining she doesn't have enough for the sale.. Who cares who buys it.. cash is cash..

Comment

getting ready for our Moving sale, just cannot imagine how much crap you gather after living in the same house for over 35 years.. Wife listed in on social media and although the sale starts this morning we had early buyers yesterday including some of the neighbors .. I listed a bunch of RV stuff that we had duplicates on and one lady came and bought just about all of it and now the wife was complaining she doesn't have enough for the sale.. Who cares who buys it.. cash is cash..
            Some days you just can't win.

Comment

Originally posted by unionman View Post
              Some days you just can't win.
              That seems to be "most" days

Comment

That seems to be "most" days
                How far off is moving day?

Comment

Originally posted by Docker View Post
                  How far off is moving day?
                  17th of September

Comment

17th of September
                    Sorry... I'd help but I'm busy that day... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Docker View Post
                      Sorry... I'd help but I'm busy that day... lol
                      That is the day of closing. All the heavy lifting will be done the week before so I am sure you will be available.

Comment

So after I don't know how many years we finally get to meet the people who live directly behind us . They actually came to our moving sale. Turns out the guy went to the same High School on Long Island as I did. Small world..

Comment

So after I don't know how many years we finally get to meet the people who live directly behind us . They actually came to our moving sale. Turns out the guy went to the same High School on Long Island as I did. Small world..
                          So Long Island must be really nice I had a friend that was a road driver for ABF here in Atlanta, his uncle by marriage was a pilot for Pan Am. When he was A kid he said he would spend the summer at their house which was at Centerpoint New York ,he said right out their back door was the beach and the water . Anyway his uncle and aunt were from here and his uncle was Victor Grubbs, he was the captain of the Pan am plane that was hit by the KLLM plane in 1977 on a runway . I had seen documentaries on TV about that several times and when he told me that I thought wow now that's a small world to know someone that was kin To that captain. My friend was about 18 years older than me and he's passed on now but he said that was good times getting to summer up there. That sounds like a very affluent place .

Comment

Originally posted by unionman View Post
                            So Long Island must be really nice I had a friend that was a road driver for ABF here in Atlanta, his uncle by marriage was a pilot for Pan Am. When he was A kid he said he would spend the summer at their house which was at Centerpoint New York ,he said right out their back door was the beach and the water . Anyway his uncle and aunt were from here and his uncle was Victor Grubbs, he was the captain of the Pan am plane that was hit by the KLLM plane in 1977 on a runway . I had seen documentaries on TV about that several times and when he told me that I thought wow now that's a small world to know someone that was kin To that captain. My friend was about 18 years older than me and he's passed on now but he said that was good times getting to summer up there. That sounds like a very affluent place .
                            Growing up on Long Island was for me a fgreat experience especially during the summers.. We had the long Island sound a few miles to the north of us and then the ocean a few miles to the south.. seemed I was a water rat.. Even did a little surfing although I never fully mastered it.. Left the island 36 years ago and could never go back to that type of living.. I enjoy living in the country.. That is what we will be looking for in the Carolina's ..

Comment

So Murphy's law continues for us as we have started packing.. Bought a 7x17 ft enclosed trailer and when we got home with it the brakes didn't feel right.. So back to Scranton with it and told them that it felt like the brakes were out of adjustment.. So they tell me it can't be out of adjustment because the axles come into the trailer manufactured already adjusted.. So they checked the battery and all the electric wiring.. 6 and a half hours later I got my trailer back after they adjusted the brakes.. Guy told me it was the first trailer he has sold that the brakes had problems .. But adjusting electric brakes is not the same as adjusting the slack adjusters on air brakes.. Then over the previous weekend our dryer quit so I had to go out and replace the dryer.. One thing after another and I think this ole house is upset we sold it..

Comment

One thing after another and I think this ole house is upset we sold it..
                                Your house doesn't happen to be on Prospect street... does it?

Comment

Working...
                                X