What did Ya just finish doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What did Ya just finish doing?

Packing weekend.. Have one of my boys from Virginia coming up this morning.. Started yesterday with an ole friend of mine .. First trailer 3/4 packed all ready.. Reality is starting to settle in..

Comment

It's been a crazy week so far.. still getting the house cleaned out.. finding stuff I haven't seen in 35 years.. internet gets shut off this morning so I will be back to trying to get on on the phone.. guess I will have to learn to do it..Screw technology..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        It's been a crazy week so far.. still getting the house cleaned out.. finding stuff I haven't seen in 35 years.. internet gets shut off this morning so I will be back to trying to get on on the phone.. guess I will have to learn to do it..Screw technology..
        Good luck with the move.

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
          Good luck with the move.
          I wish you good luck too Crazy... because we all know what a pain in the ass and all the headaches that comes with moving... especially after accumulating a bunch of shit our whole life. It's been seven years now since my move and there's still a bunch of boxes that i still haven't went through... thank God for that third and fourth bedroom... lol

Comment

Moving day was a wee bit stressful but after getting out later than planned,we are currently in Myrtle Beach. So now the search for a house starts but before that a bit of relaxation. The ride down started with a hitch though as we stopped at a RV park in Eastern West Virginia, and we got there late and had problems with the site . But that is in the rear view window now and look forward to the days ahead. We are officially nomads now.

Comment

Congratulations on making the trip safely,and good luck on your house hunting.

Comment

Waking up to the first full day in the area we hope to call home soon..

Comment

Well we did it.. looked at many house in the last week and found one we liked.. Enough room for the RV and the two trailers we have and then some but still small enough where we can manage the upkeep.. looks like an early November closing and we will be in ontime for momma to make her Christmas cookies.. And one thing we have found out about the housing market, good house do not last long..

Comment

Well we did it.. looked at many house in the last week and found one we liked.. Enough room for the RV and the two trailers we have and then some but still small enough where we can manage the upkeep.. looks like an early November closing and we will be in ontime for momma to make her Christmas cookies.. And one thing we have found out about the housing market, good house do not last long..
                    Does it have an ocean view?

Comment

Originally posted by unionman View Post
                      Nah, about 20 miles from the coast.. Can't afford those pricey ocean views.. Where we are right now in the RV we are about 100 yards from the ocean.. And we can hear the waves at night..

Comment

Nah, about 20 miles from the coast.. Can't afford those pricey ocean views.. Where we are right now in the RV we are about 100 yards from the ocean.. And we can hear the waves at night..
                        It's a done deal pending inspection but as of right now November 1st we will be officially residents of South Carolina.. Until then living by the ocean in our fifth wheel RV..

Comment

It's a done deal pending inspection but as of right now November 1st we will be officially residents of South Carolina.. Until then living by the ocean in our fifth wheel RV..
                          So it's a done deal then,come November 1st you will become officially a retired 'Snowbird' living in South Carolina...lol...Congratulations!!!!...We have many friends who have retired to the Carolina's...Obviously,Myrtle beach,N.Myrtle beach and the surrounding areas are a haven for transplanted Snowbirds...They all love it,we've been down there many times visiting old friends who are retired...We could never not live by the ocean,at least in striking distance,we love it so much,daughters too!!!!...

''Snow shovel,what snow shovel,we ain't got no snow shovel,we 'don't need' no stinking snow shovel!!!!...''Hallelujah''!!!...lol...Congratulat ions again crazy...Enjoy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
                            So it's a done deal then,come November 1st you will become officially a retired 'Snowbird' living in South Carolina...lol...Congratulations!!!!...We have many friends who have retired to the Carolina's...Obviously,Myrtle beach,N.Myrtle beach and the surrounding areas are a haven for transplanted Snowbirds...They all love it,we've been down there many times visiting old friends who are retired...We could never not live by the ocean,at least in striking distance,we love it so much,daughters too!!!!...

''Snow shovel,what snow shovel,we ain't got no snow shovel,we 'don't need' no stinking snow shovel!!!!...''Hallelujah''!!!...lol...Congratulat ions again crazy...Enjoy!!!
                            It got pushed back to Nov 8th.. Guess I will still be a northerner until then.. Now the wife is bored.. No houses to look at..

Comment

Bored ?The Barefoot Landing, The Bowery, Waccama Pottery, all those wonderful seafood restaurants in Murrels Inlet. You have time to learn that dance the Carolina shag,so much to do in Myrtle Beach. That used to be my favorite vacation destination, now I'm pretty fond of Saint Simons Island Georgia it's closer for me to drive,small but nice. Hope everything works out for y'all on your inspection and closing on your new house. Oh yeah The Captains House, that really good restaurant on the beach right in myrtle beach,I love that place.

Comment

Bored ?The Barefoot Landing, The Bowery, Waccama Pottery, all those wonderful seafood restaurants in Murrels Inlet. You have time to learn that dance the Carolina shag,so much to do in Myrtle Beach. That used to be my favorite vacation destination, now I'm pretty fond of Saint Simons Island Georgia it's closer for me to drive,small but nice. Hope everything works out for y'all on your inspection and closing on your new house. Oh yeah The Captains House, that really good restaurant on the beach right in myrtle beach,I love that place.
                                Not gonna be bored this week.. It is Bike week in Myrtle Beach. This RV park we are in is filled with RV's and Bikes.. A wee bit noisy but enjoyable. Couple next to us are comical. 75+ and they are wearing tye dyed shirts and pants.. He bought her a Harley Trike 5 years ago and he bitches she doesn't want to ride it much.. 5 years old and it doesn't have 500 miles on it yet .. Gonna be an interesting week..

Comment

Working...
                                X