Collapse
No announcement yet.

anti union posts, feeling, anything that we feel is anti union

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• anti union posts, feeling, anything that we feel is anti union

Any talk against unionism or the teamsters or labor originations at all will get you a permanent ban from this site. This will not include teamster politics. Teamster politics wont include any anti union they will be debating policies ect...... I don't think any leader of a Union has had anti union talk.

Re: anti union posts, feeling, anything that we feel is anti union

I'll be the first to comment.
    A member or two has commented on the site that public worker unions ( government, police, etc. ) shouldn't be allowed to organize or collectively bargain.
    I will wait and see if that sentiment arises again with those members.

The right to organize with others to fight for better working conditions is a universal human right: Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests. • United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights Article 23.4

"Employees shall have the right to self-organization, to form, join, or bargain collectively through representation of their own choosing, and to engage in other concerted activities for the purpose of collective bargaining..."

I believe that means all employees, not just private sector employees.

That information can be found on the NLRB web site. ( Which is currently ... down. For whatever reason. )

Thanks for clarifying this jimmy.

Comment

any talk that someone shouldn't be allowed to form and join a union is anti union talk as far as this site is concerned. this wont be a debatable issue
      Last edited by Jimmy; 04-05-2020, 11:27 AM. Reason: changed should to shouldn't ... typo

Comment

bump... edited my typo in the above post

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Advanced Options
        Rendering Options

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X