This article takes you back to the rise of Dale Jr. and his natural ability on the super speedways.
It also highlights others racers achievements on April 6th.
I am not a fan of the big tracks. I like up close wheel banging action on short tracks. Dirt provides most of that.
I attended many NASCAR races in my day, but the costs continued to build and I decided what I saw on TV was good enough.
Here is Dale and his "4 in a row" at Talladega.

April 6 in NASCAR: Dale Jr. makes it four in a row at Talladega
Restrictor plates and Earnhardts.
It was a combination that defined NASCAR at superspeedways for more than two decades and it arguably reached its peak in the early 2000s.
That’s when Dale Earnhardt Inc., through the efforts of Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Michael Waltrip, won 11 combined points races at Daytona and Talladega from 2001-04.
That reign included four consecutive wins by Earnhardt at Talladega, the track his father won at a record 10 times.
The four-race streak began with the fall 2001 race and ended on April 6, 2003 in the Aaron’s 499.
1952: Dick Rathman won at Martinsville to score his first of 13 career Cup Series wins.

1975: Richard Petty beat Cale Yarborough at North Wilkesboro by three laps to score his fourth win in the first seven races of the season.

1985: Dale Earnhardt won at Bristol after losing his power steering 100 laps into the race. He passed Ricky Rudd with 18 laps to go and went on to claim his third career Bristol victory.

1986: Rusty Wallace scored his first career Cup Series win at Bristol Motor Speedway after leading 174 of 500 laps. Wallace beat Ricky Rudd by 10.69 seconds. Wallace was the 11th different winner in 11 Cup Series races dating back to the end of the 1985 season.

1997: Jeff Burton scored his first career Cup Series win in the inaugural race held at Texas Motor Speedway.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/04...ascar-history/