No announcement yet.

Corona virus and the Stimulus bill..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Corona virus and the Stimulus bill..

Originally posted by wizard View Post
    Your post doesn't make any sense whatsoever,seeing how you completely disregarded the facts I posted about state and federal tax dollars,why I am not surprised...I can tell you one thing I'm not jealous of,and that's your complete and utter ignorance on any given topic...
    Have you ever been to upstate New York?? There are plenty of places that are below the poverty line.. New York City?? Look at the homeless.. Same as Kentucky or any other state,they all have their share of poverty stricken people living in them..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
      Have you ever been to upstate New York?? There are plenty of places that are below the poverty line.. New York City?? Look at the homeless.. Same as Kentucky or any other state,they all have their share of poverty stricken people living in them..
      Then let them take care of their own,with their 'OWN MONEY'...Sound like a plan brother...''FEND FOR THEMSELVES'',in your own words...

I am a proud New Jerseyan...Why am I paying more in federal income tax just to be abused by the likes of Moscow Mitch?...I work hard for my money,and I don't doubt that Kentuckians also work hard for their money...But WHY am I paying more proportionally in federal income tax than THEY ARE?...Not fair whatsoever...The situation has to be fixed,and I've expressed my feelings to my local Senator for years...

The federal revenue sharing formula needs to be revisited and changed...Red States should know just how UNDERFUNDED they really are...FACT-Many of them could not survive without Blue State tax dollars...Kentucky is ONE of those states...

To add insult to injury,thanks to the tax changes,many of us Blue Staters can no longer deduct our very high local property taxes,resulting in our having to send even MORE tax dollars to the federal government to be DOLED OUT to the TAKER Red States...That should be one of the very first things that gets changed back...We also pay high income taxes...

If McConnell and Red State Governors insist on continuing to target Blue States,there will be hell to pay long term that will effect every state in the nation,ASSUMING we even keep a 50 state nation...

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
        Yes excuse my ignorance,I keep forgetting you are the sharpest pencil in the drawer.
        Why,Thank You Sir!!!!!

Comment

Then let them take care of their own,with their 'OWN MONEY'...Sound like a plan brother...''FEND FOR THEMSELVES'',in your own words...

I am a proud New Jerseyan...Why am I paying more in federal income tax just to be abused by the likes of Moscow Mitch?...I work hard for my money,and I don't doubt that Kentuckians also work hard for their money...But WHY am I paying more proportionally in federal income tax than THEY ARE?...Not fair whatsoever...The situation has to be fixed,and I've expressed my feelings to my local Senator for years...

The federal revenue sharing formula needs to be revisited and changed...Red States should know just how UNDERFUNDED they really are...FACT-Many of them could not survive without Blue State tax dollars...Kentucky is ONE of those states...

To add insult to injury,thanks to the tax changes,many of us Blue Staters can no longer deduct our very high local property taxes,resulting in our having to send even MORE tax dollars to the federal government to be DOLED OUT to the TAKER Red States...That should be one of the very first things that gets changed back...We also pay high income taxes...

If McConnell and Red State Governors insist on continuing to target Blue States,there will be hell to pay long term that will effect every state in the nation,ASSUMING we even keep a 50 state nation...
          How can you say you pay more federal income tax than someone in Kentucky or any other state.. Last I knew the Federal Income tax was the same no matter where you live.. Is there a way you can prove your point??

As far as revenue sharing?? Isn't this a progressive thing?? Like take from the rich {states}and give to the poor {states}?? IMO there shouldn't be any..

And onto the high local property taxes, maybe time to elect some fiscally smart people to office.. Start to lower taxes instead of continually raising them...But I can agree that something should be done to the deduction rate of your personal property taxes.. It should be raised..

Comment

How can you say you pay more federal income tax than someone in Kentucky or any other state.. Last I knew the Federal Income tax was the same no matter where you live.. Is there a way you can prove your point??

As far as revenue sharing?? Isn't this a progressive thing?? Like take from the rich {states}and give to the poor {states}?? IMO there shouldn't be any..

And onto the high local property taxes, maybe time to elect some fiscally smart people to office.. Start to lower taxes instead of continually raising them...But I can agree that something should be done to the deduction rate of your personal property taxes.. It should be raised..
            Once again,just spinning your same old,same old,nonsense conservative narrative,while completely IGNORING the facts...It's just incredible to me how blinded you are by your OWN ideology...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxe...es/ar-BB11rtNG

Progressive thing?...Doesn't even make any sense to the on hand discussion about doling out federal dollars to Red States that can't wipe their own without Blue State tax dollars...Bootstraps crazy,remember,Bootstraps,pull your own weight,that kind of thing!!!!

Blue States wouldn't have to keep raising taxes if Red States like Kentucky would stop taking OUR MONEY....Simple as that brother...Let Red States carry their own weight and start taking care of their OWN residents...

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1941555

Comment

Once again,just spinning your same old,same old,nonsense conservative narrative,while completely IGNORING the facts...It's just incredible to me how blinded you are by your OWN ideology...
              Not spinning anything Wizard,just connecting the dots for you..

Progressive thing?...Doesn't even make any sense to the on hand discussion about doling out federal dollars to Red States that can't wipe their own without Blue State tax dollars...Bootstraps crazy,remember,Bootstraps,pull your own weight,that kind of thing!!!!
              Progressive thing?? Absolutely.. Redistribution of wealth, That's a Bernie thing..

Blue States wouldn't have to keep raising taxes if Red States like Kentucky would stop taking OUR MONEY....Simple as that brother...Let Red States carry their own weight and start taking care of their OWN residents...
              As far as Blue States raising their taxes.. Maybe they should be a little more financially conservative with their money.. like FREE college for the undocumented.. Your governor worries more about the undocumented then he does about you,governor of NY is the same.. I am in PA,when is the last time you drove the roads in PA.. Pothole after pothole.. Speed bumps on the interstates.. Highest gasoline tax in the nation but most of those taxes go to the State police.. The more the state governments spend the more your property taxes ans local income taxes will rise..

Red States should carry their own weight.If all states were equal then you wouldn't have a state like Texas taking jobs from New Jersey or anywhere else in the northeast.. Maybe there should be a national tax on everyone and do away with state and local taxes..

Comment

Not a word mentioned about Monty Bennett.
                Imagine that. Big political donor and largest recipient of COVID-19 bailout loans.
                Imagine that. No over sight. No watchdog.

But all's good now. His company will "return" the funds they secured illegally.
                Just think if we didn't have a free press ? You know, the enemy of the people, telling us about the crooks liars and thieves ?

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                  Not a word mentioned about Monty Bennett.
                  Imagine that. Big political donor and largest recipient of COVID-19 bailout loans.
                  Imagine that. No over sight. No watchdog.

But all's good now. His company will "return" the funds they secured illegally.
                  Just think if we didn't have a free press ? You know, the enemy of the people, telling us about the crooks liars and thieves ?
                  Who is Monty Bennett?? Never heard of him..And how do you know they were secured secretly?? Couldn't have been too much of a secret if they returned the money.. . And just how many other big companies and colleges have taken the money.. Harvard comes to mind and they were shamed into giving it back..

Comment

Who is Monty Bennett?? Never heard of him..And how do you know they were secured secretly?? Couldn't have been too much of a secret if they returned the money.. . And just how many other big companies and colleges have taken the money.. Harvard comes to mind and they were shamed into giving it back..
                    Of course you never heard of him. You would need to take in news from all sources to get what faux snooze doesn't want you to hear.
                    The difference in "big colleges" taking money and this businessman ? The colleges don't contribute to the Trump campaign or have the same business model ( hotel and hospitality ) as Mr Bennett and Mr. Trump. I did not say he secured the loans "secretly", I said he got them illegally.

Here's everything we know about Monty Bennett, the Trump megadonor whose hotel conglomerate got the most in coronavirus bailout loans
                    But the biggest overall recipient of funds under the program has been a group of hotel companies controlled by Monty Bennett, which together received at least $58 million in loans.
                    Monty Bennett is the chairman of and a major shareholder in Ashford Hospitality Trust, Braemar Hotels & Resorts, and Ashford Inc. Together, the companies applied for $126 million in loans under the PPP. Bennett is also CEO of Ashford Inc.
                    The three companies were able to apply for loans under a provision in the program that allows hospitality and restaurant companies with multiple locations to seek assistance as long as each location has fewer than 500 employees.
                    Unlike some other public companies which have announced they would be returning their loans, the conglomerate said in a statement on Saturday that it planned to keep the bailout funds it had received. It said it had laid off or furloughed more than 90% of its workforce and closed approximately 32 of its 130 hotels.
                    The above paragraph has since changed and should reflect that Mr. Bennett now claims he will return those funds.

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-...nd-the-world-2

Comment

Of course you never heard of him. You would need to take in news from all sources to get what faux snooze doesn't want you to hear.
                      The difference in "big colleges" taking money and this businessman ? The colleges don't contribute to the Trump campaign or have the same business model ( hotel and hospitality ) as Mr Bennett and Mr. Trump. I did not say he secured the loans "secretly", I said he got them illegally.

Here's everything we know about Monty Bennett, the Trump megadonor whose hotel conglomerate got the most in coronavirus bailout loans

The above paragraph has since changed and should reflect that Mr. Bennett now claims he will return those funds.

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-...nd-the-world-2
                      Again I never heard of him and evidently CNN didn't either because I did a search on CNN and came up with a ZERO.. But thanks for bring this up.. Whose fault?? Should his companies or company get help?? Absolutely but not under this program.. This program {PPP} is suppose to be for small businesses not large one but evidently their is a clause on how small businesses are defined.. Not more than 500 employees at each location.. That is something that should never had been put into it.. But who gets these companies the loans?? The BANKS.. there is your evil but you always try to connect it to Trump.. And about your colleges?? Most are far left liberal and support Liberal candidates..

https://www.opensecrets.org/industri...us.php?ind=w04

Political donations from the education industry largely come from individuals associated with various institutions, as universities and schools typically cannot form PACs. The industry reached new heights in political donationswith their highest cycle ever coming in the 2016 presidential year with the 2018 cycle becoming a close second.

The industry dramatically favors liberals and as become more liberal in preference as the industry has spent more money. Democrats haven't received under 70 percent of education industry donations in a cycle since 2002. In 2018, individuals from the education industry gave more than $64.5 million to Democrats and just $7.8 million to Republicans. The industry's peak giving year thus far, 2016, saw more than $75 million go to Democrats and $12 million to Republicans. When it comes to outside money, the education sector is fairly modest with the most spent in 2018 at around $3.7 million

Comment

Again I never heard of him and evidently CNN didn't either because I did a search on CNN and came up with a ZERO.. But thanks for bring this up.. Whose fault?? Should his companies or company get help?? Absolutely but not under this program.. This program {PPP} is suppose to be for small businesses not large one but evidently their is a clause on how small businesses are defined.. Not more than 500 employees at each location.. That is something that should never had been put into it.. But who gets these companies the loans?? The BANKS.. there is your evil but you always try to connect it to Trump.. And about your colleges?? Most are far left liberal and support Liberal candidates..

https://www.opensecrets.org/industri...us.php?ind=w04
                        Never said anything about "my colleges". You mentioned Harvard giving back the money, I just explained the difference between Monty Bennett and the colleges.
                        Had I been smart enough I wouldn't have been a truck driver either, so they aren't my colleges.

Since you complained I make everything about Trump, then I'll post a link to the same web site you referenced, Open Secrets.
                        This all relates to the massive give away, and to the wealthy and connected donors and friends of Trump.

Trump-tied lobbying firm flourishes as businesses push for coronavirus relief
                        Ballard Partners received over $5.2 million from January through March, earning the seventh-highest revenue of all lobbying firms. It’s the firm’s biggest single quarter, up from $4.2 million and $4 million in the first quarters of 2019 and 2018, respectively.
                        Run by Brian Ballard, a lobbyist with close ties to President Donald Trump, the firm has already been hired by 95 clients this year. In 2019, Ballard topped the list of largest clientele with 90 through the year. While some of the firm’s current clients are retained from last year, others hired Ballard Partners to lobby for their interests in the COVID-19 response.
                        Ballard, a longtime Florida lobbyist, has deep ties to Trump and his GOP allies.
                        During the 2016 presidential election, Ballard was the chairman of Trump Victory, a pro-Trump joint-fundraising committee. After that, Ballard was selected to be the vice chairman of Trump’s inaugural committee and a part of the presidential transition finance committee.
                        https://www.opensecrets.org/news/202...s-coronavirus/

Comment

Never said anything about "my colleges". You mentioned Harvard giving back the money, I just explained the difference between Monty Bennett and the colleges.
                          Had I been smart enough I wouldn't have been a truck driver either, so they aren't my colleges.

Since you complained I make everything about Trump, then I'll post a link to the same web site you referenced, Open Secrets.
                          This all relates to the massive give away, and to the wealthy and connected donors and friends of Trump.

Trump-tied lobbying firm flourishes as businesses push for coronavirus relief

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/202...s-coronavirus/
                          I guess now you think that Trump is the only one that has lobbyist that support him?? Democrats have them also.. That's what Washington is all about.. I am sure if you search hard enough you will find the Lobbyists on the left..

Comment

I guess now you think that Trump is the only one that has lobbyist that support him?? Democrats have them also.. That's what Washington is all about.. I am sure if you search hard enough you will find the Lobbyists on the left..
                            The story was only meant to point out how this stimulus bill is being subverted towards the connected and wealthy donors, not the people it was supposed to benefit. All political parties use lobbyists, along with anybody that wants to gain the ear of a lawmaker in Washington.
                            Don't take offense that your POTUS and his friends have their hand in the cookie jar.

Comment

The story was only meant to point out how this stimulus bill is being subverted towards the connected and wealthy donors, not the people it was supposed to benefit. All political parties use lobbyists, along with anybody that wants to gain the ear of a lawmaker in Washington.
                              Don't take offense that your POTUS and his friends have their hand in the cookie jar.
                              Are you saying that if it's a lobbyists firm with Democratic ties they will get turned down??

Comment

Are you saying that if it's a lobbyists firm with Democratic ties they will get turned down??
                                What are you attempting to spin into the ground this time ? Your reading something into this that was never said, nor mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X