Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Local 670 labor dispute at Hood River Distillers

The members feel after 13 months of negotiations that the employer is unreasonable.

Teamsters: Labor Dispute Looming at Hood River Distillers!
    For over 50 years, Teamster Local Union No. 670 has represented the workers at Hood River Distillers, and historically, we've had a very amicable relationship. Our members take immense pride in the work they do to produce quality distilled spirits, which are distributed across the country.

However, the tone at Hood River Distillers has changed recently. After 13 months of negotiations, the company has continued to a take an unreasonable position with a "take it or leave it style of bargaining."

After our local union has requested and suggested federal mediation at the mediators first available date to meet in person with the parties to assist us in reaching a fair settlement at Hood River Distillers, this employer is attempting to unilaterally implement a contract during this COVID-19 pandemic that would slash the health and welfare benefits, reduce retirement security benefits and offer little to no wage increases to offset their proposed reductions in other areas of the labor agreement. It is time that this employer puts people before profits!
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301049830.html

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Teamsters strike Hood River Distillers

Twenty-five workers at Hood River Distillers (HRD)—members of Teamsters Local 670—went on strike May 6 after their employer, during the COVID-19 pandemic, implemented its own final offer that alters health insurance benefits and provides paltry wage increases.

The union filed unfair labor practice charges with the National Labor Relations Board alleging that the company bargained in bad faith and made unilateral changes to terms and conditions of employment. It is considering taking other action as well. HRD also filed an unfair labor practice charge against the Teamsters, alleging the union refused to bargain in good faith.
    Teamsters represent blending, packaging, and warehouse employees at the plant, as well as truck drivers and mechanics.

Hood River Distillers produces and bottles popular brands such as Pendleton Whiskey, Aviation Gin, Jose Cuervo tequila, and Monarch distilled spirits.
    https://nwlaborpress.org/2020/05/tea...er-distillers/

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Teamsters strike Hood River Distillers

These Teamsters are still walking the line. Stay strong brothers !

Teamsters strike at Hood River Distillery continues
    A Teamsters strike at Hood River Distillers (HRD) is still going strong, with 100% of the workforce still walking the picket line, reports Michael Beranbaum, secretary-treasurer of Local 670.

Twenty-five workers walked off the job May 6 after their employer, during the COVID-19 pandemic, implemented its own final offer that altered health insurance benefits and provided paltry wage increases. HRD produces and bottles popular brands such as Pendleton Whiskey, Aviation Gin, Jose Cuervo tequila, and Monarch distilled spirits.

Beranbaum told the Labor Press the strike is having an impact on production, noting that seven railroad tanker cars containing bulk alcohol are stalled at The Dalles because railroad workers won’t cross the Teamsters’ picket line. The raw alcohol is blended and bottled at the Hood River plant.

Beranbaum said the plant’s air conditioning unit broke down, but HVAC repair crews wouldn’t cross the picket line to fix it.
    https://nwlaborpress.org/2020/06/tea...ery-continues/

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Local 670 labor dispute at Hood River Distillers

These Teamster members have been walking the line since May 6, over 3 months.
    I can't find any news from the local, but Hood River has released their own propaganda statement concerning the strike.
    It seems they have replaced the strikers with scabs.
    I hope this story convinces people to not buy Hood River spirits.

Once again, this is the link to Hood River's site attempting to explain why they locked out striking employees and hired replacements.

HOOD RIVER DISTILLERS LABOR DISPUTE FAQ
    On September 1, after almost 17 weeks of striking, the union notified HRD that the striking employees offered to return to work unconditionally. While we are glad to have the strike resolved, we currently have no positions available at this time. HRD hired 25 new employees, following our normal hiring practices, to replace the striking union members, so that the company could continue business without interruption. These new employees were vital to us keeping our doors open during this difficult time, and we have made commitments to them that they would not be terminated when the strike ended. They dealt with daily harassment and threats by the striking employees while coming and going from work. HRD is simply returning the commitment and loyalty they have shown us. Since there were no positions available when the striking union members offered to return to work, the union has falsely characterized this as a lockout. HRD will return the former strikers to work when positions are available for which they are qualified.
    https://www.hrdspirits.com/news/hood...or-dispute-faq

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

Well the company line sounds just like any other company line of BS. Guess I'll see what I can find on the Local's site, if they have one. Unfortunately, it will play out to the company favor in 10 years or so. Happy fing Labor Day.

Just drove past there on Aug 27 and tried to see if the pickets were still out but was passing a truck about that time and couldn't see.

Years ago this place went under the name of Potter's Distillery or Distributors, to long ago I can't recall. Don't recall when it sold/name change etc.

I used to frequent a tavern (Oregon, they only had beer license) and there was a guy that always came in and partied hardy with the last name of Potter. Never knew the connection till one hot summer evening he came in, parked his pickup in front of the bar and told us to come outside to see what he brought back from Hood River. In the back of the PU he had three or four oak barrels, gonna use them to landscape around his house. He tipped the first barrel up and probably got three or four beer pitchers of Hood Rivers Finest out of the first one, went back inside and proceeded to thoroughly drown ourselves. I don't recall how much came out of the rest, odd how that worked.

If you left that night sober it was nobody's fault but your own. Really glad I grew up, too.

This tavern was directly across the street from the local police department, how none of us never got busted is amazing.

6. Likes fxstc07, 222lifer, Haz-Man Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

I contacted my Local and asked about this and if they had any insite on the reasons that the local involved dropped the strike. He didn't know and couldn't/wouldn't speculate.

I would be sure that because of the small amount of Teamsters in the plant they decided it was better to wait and fight a different day. IMO it is the beginning of the end.

8. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

A short follow up to Hood River dispute. The NLRB has issued several decisions. One was to vote on keeping the Teamsters.
    The company has lost most decisions.
    They lost the vote to decertify the Teamsters too.

The National Labor Relations Board will conduct a secret ballot election among the employees in the unit found appropriate above. Employees will vote whether or not they wish to be represented for purposes of collective bargaining by Teamsters Local Union No. 670.
    file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/Decision%20and%20Direction%20of%20Election%20(1).p df

This link is to the NLRB web site for election results.

Case Number: 19-RD-271944
    Tally Issued Date: 21 April 2021
    Tally Type: Initial
    Ballot Type: Single Labor Organization
    Date Filed: 28 January 2021
    No. of Eligible Voters: 45
    Void Ballots: 0
    Unit Location: Hood River, OR
    Region Assigned: Region 19, Seattle, Washington
    Unit ID: A
    Votes Against: 0
    Total Ballots Counted: 12
    Votes for Labor Union1: 12
    Labor Union1: Teamsters Local Union No. 670
    Let's see now. 45 eligible voters and they got 12 votes. All for the union.
    Talk about being uninterested in your job and your voice.

https://www.nlrb.gov/reports/graphs-...tion-results?r[0]=19