More on Pennslyvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on Pennslyvania

I don't know if this rises to same thing as Senator Burr selling off his stock knowing the markets would crash but she for sure deserves the criticism.. Took her mom out of a nursing home and sent Covid 19 positive patients into the same nursing home.. I have read that about 70% of the Covid19 related deaths in Pa have been in Nursing homes ..

Pennsylvania health official draws fire after her mother leaves care facility as coronavirus patients return

Pennsylvania Health Secretary Dr. Rachel Levine defended herself Wednesday after reports that her 95-year-old mother relocated from a care facility after Levine said such centers could begin accepting coronavirus patients discharged from hospitals.

Cases of the virus in nursing homes have skyrocketed in Pennsylvania, with about two-thirds of the state's 3,800 deaths being residents of long-term care facilities, PennLive reported.

"My mother requested and my sister and I, as her children, complied to move her to another location during the COVID-19 outbreak," Levine said in a news conference, according to Harrisburg's WHTM-TV. “My mother is 95 years old. She is very intelligent and more than competent to make her own decisions."
    But Republican state Sen. Doug Mastriano called for Levine’s resignation this week over her handling of nursing home outbreaks, specifically a policy calling for nursing home residents hospitalized with the virus to be returned to the care centers once they’re ready to leave the hospital, according to PennLive.

“Our secretary of health, Dr. Levine, decided that it would be good to allow COVID-positive patients to be returned to elder-care facilities. And as a result of that, it broke out like fire,” Mastriano said during a protest rally Monday.
Working...
X