Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Stericycle drivers choose the Teamsters !

Welcome to the newest members of local 251 in Providence RI.

Medical Waste Disposal Drivers in Woonsocket Choose Union Representation with Local 251
    Stericycle drivers in Woonsocket, R.I. voted overwhelmingly, by a 2-1 margin, to join Teamsters Local 251 in Providence yesterday. The 35-worker unit is seeking a strong voice to address their workplace concerns.
    “I think by unionizing we made a great company greater; and with the camaraderie of the drivers, we can win the respect, wages, safety and health care all waste workers deserve—the sky’s the limit,” said Joe Rubiano, a route driver at Stericycle for two-and-a-half years.
    In addition to safety concerns, Richard and Rubiano both said workers were seeking better wages, fairer work rules and lower health care deductibles.
    “These workers are on the front lines, and they deserve respect on the job. Now we will take our fight to the bargaining table to secure a strong Teamster contract that will address years of workplace concerns,” said Matthew Taibi, Secretary Treasurer and Principal Officer of Local 251.
    “These essential workers do a very important job to protect the public’s health, and they deserve a contract that protects their interests on the job,” said Chuck Stiles, Director of the Teamsters Solid Waste and Recycling Division.
    https://teamster.org/2020/10/stericy...oin-teamsters/

2. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Stericycle drivers choose the Teamsters !

I thought I would post this here as the above election was mentioned in the story.

SHRED-IT WORKERS IN NEW JERSEY JOIN TEAMSTERS
    Drivers and helpers for Shred-it, Inc., in Trenton, N.J. have voted overwhelmingly, by a more than 3 to 1 margin, to join Teamsters Local 469 in Hazlet, N.J. The organizing victory was announced yesterday following a mail-in election for the unit of 32 workers.
    Shred-it, a wholly owned subsidiary of Stericycle, Inc., provides confidential shredding services to businesses across the U.S. and Canada. Yesterday’s victory in New Jersey is the latest effort to organize workers employed by Stericycle and follows a February 12 organizing win at Local 251 for Shred-it workers in Pawtucket, R.I
    https://teamster.org/2021/04/shred-i...oin-teamsters/

4. Likes 222lifer Liked this post