Happy Halloween!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Halloween!

I don't know what it is about Halloween but I love it! It has always been one of my favorite holidays. Maybe it is the nostalgia. Great memories of growing up in L.A., trick or treating with our best neighbor friends. Such fond Memories of taking my three children trick or treating. I really don't know what it is but I have always loved this day.

Happy Halloween to all of you. Have a safe and enjoyable night!

Re: Happy Halloween!

This Halloween will be the first year we will not be there to treat the little goblins that arrive. We have seen a steady decline since the church moved to what they call "trunk or treat" in the parking lot. A safer way for the kids to trick or treat they say. Covid put the nail in the Halloween coffin this year. I miss the days when I had to make a mad dash to the store because we were over run with the little candy seekers. Be safe out there.

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
      This Halloween will be the first year we will not be there to treat the little goblins that arrive. We have seen a steady decline since the church moved to what they call "trunk or treat" in the parking lot. A safer way for the kids to trick or treat they say. Covid put the nail in the Halloween coffin this year. I miss the days when I had to make a mad dash to the store because we were over run with the little candy seekers. Be safe out there.
      I can honestly say that because the area I live in is so rural, the kids don't come around here at night to trick or treat. They stay closer to the main town where homes are a little closer and lined up in nice rows. So it has been 23 years this month since I have passed out candy. This month is the month we left CA for good 23 years ago!

Comment

Traveled to Delaware to have Halloween with the grandkids. Wasn't sure what to expect. We walked the neighborhood and these people went all out. Fire pits burning everywhere. Large blow-up pumpkins and decorations in many homes. The stuff people gave out was unexpected. One family handed out gift bags with soda, candy, chips and a little toy. One family handed out "adult" beverages to the parents ! The kids got quite a haul.

Comment

Working...
        X