Arthur E. Imperatore Sr, A-P-A founder has passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur E. Imperatore Sr, A-P-A founder has passed

Can't help but wonder if those drivers and others ever received their WARN act money ?
    I found the case listed, but reading it needs a college education.

Arthur E. Imperatore Sr, creator of the modern commuter ferry, dies at 95
    Arthur E. Imperatore Sr, the entrepreneur who launched a successful commuter ferry company that helped redevelop fallow industrial land on the New Jersey side of the Hudson River, died at age 95 Wednesday after a long illness.
    Imperatore’s transportation career started in 1947, when started a local trucking business with his brothers, using two surplus U.S. Army trucks. It later became A-P-A Trucking, the nation’s fourth-largest interstate freight trucking company.
    https://www.nj.com/community-news/20...ies-at-95.html

Re: Arthur E. Imperatore Sr, A-P-A founder has passed

APA was not a easy place to work,,but I never has any problem....at 60 I am told that I am the best P&D man we have (UPS Freight, this is a easy job IMO I have peddle food many times in my life)...at APA I never got a polygraph believe they were faze out when I applied I met Burt Trebour and Andy Parks...never met Arthur believe he retied and his stepson Armand ran APA when I was there....met him...also never worked a week for free..but had to drive down to N.J. on my own time they paid for my mileage thats all...

https://www.inc.com/magazine/19820401/2109.html

Arthur's standing at a window demonstrating his point by analyzing the work of three men and a pickup truck with a plow attached, scratching away at the pack ice below. But one man has moved a stop sign out of the way of the plow and has left it turned so that it can't be seen by approaching traffic. Suddenly, Arthur is rapping at the window with a quarter and swinging his arms in widd circles and shouting: "No, no turn it around!" The sentences that follow are short and blunt, powered by four-letter words. The man understands. "We contracted the job out to them," Arthur says. "You can tell they're not A-P-A people. I won't tolerate a half-assed job."
    He won't tolerate half-assed jobs, nor loafers or loungers either, because he can't. He appears to be answering some personal and irresistible genetic signal. "I've been working since I was 10 years old," he says. "My first job was on a truck.I worked all day for 50? and a baloney sandwich and a soda. I've always wanted to do my job and do it right. I don't know where it comes from, but I've always been that way." He believes that any man who fails to commit himself totally to his work has failed to commit himself totally to his own life. Each time, it's a small tragedy not because he's let the company down, but rather that he's chosen to be something less than he could be. Arthur won't let it happen. "My whole philosophy here," he says, "is that we build men -- incidentally, we move freight."

Comment

Re: Arthur E. Imperatore Sr, A-P-A founder has passed

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
      Can't help but wonder if those drivers and others ever received their WARN act money ?
      I found the case listed, but reading it needs a college education.

Arthur E. Imperatore Sr, creator of the modern commuter ferry, dies at 95
      Thank You for this post fx...We finally got our Warn Act money last year,if you can believe it,after all this time...Arthur played hardball right to the end...that was always his style,and he never deviated from it...you have to respect him for that...just like Trump...he is who he is,or was for that matter...as much as Arthur hated unions,and drove all of us crazy with managements constant BS and harassment from the minute you made the list,I made a nice living with good benefits working at APA for almost 20 years...the stories that each of us could tell about APA,otherwise known as ''ARTHUR'S PRIVATE ARMY'',would fill a book and be a 'best-seller'...as far as his ties to the mob and his ties to the political corruption in Hudson County,well,that's all been well documented,I'll leave it at that...Arthur Imperatore was his 'own man' and the world be damned if they didn't like it!!!!!....that could be his Epitaph!!!!...May God rest his soul...by the way,after all this time,each of us received exactly...$750...I didn't spend it all at once!!!!
      Last edited by 222lifer; 11-21-2020, 11:09 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

Working...
      X