Rumor Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor Thread

I heard from a pretty reliable source that ABF will be having another change of operations that involves closing the Winston Salem distribution center and moving it to Salisbury, NC which is about 40 miles north of Charlotte. Something to do with being able to turn Atlanta from there... anyone else hear about this?

Re: Rumor Thread

Right off hand I do not know of a place in Salisbury that can be used for the size they would need. With the ABF trucks turned up faster now they could turn it already from kernersville. (winston) terminal. With the 11 hour driving time now. Whats the milage?? What was the trucks turned up to? 65/67?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      Right off hand I do not know of a place in Salisbury that can be used for the size they would need. With the ABF trucks turned up faster now they could turn it already from kernersville. (winston) terminal. With the 11 hour driving time now. Whats the milage?? What was the trucks turned up to? 65/67?
      I don't know what they're turned up to now but I'll reach out to some active ABFers and try to find out more about this rumor. It's getting harder for me to keep up on things going around other terminals these days because most of the people I know are retired these days... imagine that... lol

Comment

What we need here is more active ABF'ers to participate and make this section alive again because it was a blast in the past. It's time to join us retired old fogies because I guess that we just aren't in the know anymore when it comes to the day to day operations... just opinions... and those... we have a plenty of... lol

Comment

I heard New Penn, and ABF are decertifying for another union due to HOFFA endorsing Biden and Harris.
          Out of touch with the membership.
          And the AFL-CIO is plans to physically throw Trumka out and ban him from membership.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
            I heard New Penn, and ABF are decertifying for another union due to HOFFA endorsing Biden and Harris.
            And the AFL-CIO is plans to physically throw Trumka out and ban him from membership.
            I'm not and never have been a fan of decertifying... only as a last resort because I don't believe one should just abandon something that was once great. I believe in fighting to make things right which used to be the old school mentality. I also believe that those IBT POS and many on the local level should be held accountable and thrown out on their asses but if that's what those at New Penn and ABF feel is their only recourse... and seeing that I have been retired for 6 years now and not knowing today's environment within the union... who am I to agrue against their decision. But I can say that I applaud them for standing up for what they believe and wish them the best of luck on their future endeavors... whatever they may be.

Comment

There are way too many different locals involved for this to be true..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                There are way too many different locals involved for this to be true..
                I agree,talked to friends at NP and of course ABFers,heard not even a mention...The thing that has always been true about rumors is,if you don't like the last one,just start a new one...That's a rumor that Slave wants to believe to be true because of politics...Let's keep it real,no matter how badly we disagree on how the PTB are trying to change and control our great Republic...

Comment

A wake up call. No more BS.
                  Biden Harris have next to zero support here and to use us for them to get it is bullshit.
                  The timer is ticking.
                  Whatever BS they think Biden Harris will get is priority on agenda or it won't be as hard as they think.
                  Morale is low and has been low......forever.
                  The Dems hold majority....in everything.
                  We come first this time.
                  No more wasting time.
                  Last edited by slavenomore; 01-16-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Concessions also put NPME together with YRC when we voted no in initial votes.
                    So...they put a chain on us probably to make it so all of YRC would have to decert.
                    The little bit of pension left keeps us chained.
                    Nothing else.
                    We could get any union to get us a better pension and contract. And they knew it then.
                    I wouldn't want nonunion at all.
                    But this is going nowhere.
                    And I'm sure I'm not in a minority.
                    And supporting this divisive agenda of Democrats is not for a lot of us.
                    Not freight out here anyways.
                    Last edited by slavenomore; 01-16-2021, 04:06 PM.

Comment

A rumor saying that Teamsters will decertify and find another union is no different than a rumor saying the Democrats will somehow help the Teamsters. The larger percentage in a bet says neither will happen. Just rumors.
                      Except the Democrat rumor costs money to make. Our money and our name. Lots of money.
                      But it's not really our nation nor our country is it? They do what they want no matter what anybody else wants. We know that well.
                      And therein lies more frustration than you can shake a stick at.

This will really pick up union wages won't it?
                      About as much as allowing scabs to do our work. Same principle.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...t-days-office/
                      Last edited by slavenomore; 01-16-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

A rumor saying that Teamsters will decertify and find another union is no different than a rumor saying the Democrats will somehow help the Teamsters. The larger percentage in a bet says neither will happen. Just rumors.
                        Except the Democrat rumor costs money to make. Our money and our name. Lots of money.
                        But it's not really our nation nor our country is it? They do what they want no matter what anybody else wants. We know that well.

I can't comment about the Teamster groups on Facebook or Twitter because I'm not a member of either but I only know of three Teamster forums that are still around... which two of those political sections are almost non existent when it comes to their members defending today's left ideology and the other one... well IMO... the members who are defending today's left ideology are just simply outnumbered and outmatched. Who would of ever thought that in the 60's or 70's?

Comment

First day....Biden cut 8,000 union jobs. 11,000 total jobs.
                          https://www.westernjournal.com/first...00-union-jobs/

Comment

Working...
                          X