Old Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old Days

One more thing about the old days... Teamsters were very opinionated and outspoken about it. Can you imagine if we had internet and a forum like this back in the day because we sure had some rough... hard core old school Teamsters around?

Wonder what happened... is it that the Teamsters of today don't have any opinions or are they just afraid to voice them in public?

Comment

Originally posted by Docker View Post
      One more thing about the old days... Teamsters were very opinionated and outspoken about it. Can you imagine if we had internet and a forum like this back in the day because we sure had some rough... hard core old school Teamsters around?

Wonder what happened... is it that the Teamsters of today don't have any opinions or are they just afraid to voice them in public?
      We had the CB radio's and the bathroom stalls to shoot the shit.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        We had the CB radio's and the bathroom stalls to shoot the shit.
        I still remember walking into a truck stop bathroom and stepping up to the urinal and reading... "What you looking up here for... the jokes in your hand".

You should of see the weirdest look the guy gave me when he came in and found me chuckling to myself... lol

Comment

When I worked for Waldbaums Supermarkets I worked for the produce division out in the Bronx near the Hunt's Point Market.. We started anywhere from 1 AM till 6 AM because the wanted the produce trucks in before the meat and dairy trucks .. So if a meat truck was backed in but not opened they had to pull out.. Some of those guys didn't like it.. My road buddy who I always teamed with during our winter Florida trips would always tell them some bullsh*t stories just to see how long it took to go around the company.. Best was when we pulled into their Long Island warehouse with reefer loads for dairy and told the guy at the gate that we would be pulling loads from their warehouse starting the following week.. Three days later it was all over the company and my buddy was pulled into the office.. The dispatcher told him not to do it anymore but it was the best laugh he had in longtime..

Comment

CB was a great toy. Had a ball busting balls on it.

Comment

You guys may be a little older than me, Never drove a truck with more than 1 stick but I remember when Smith's Transfer trucks did not have power steering. The rubbing elbows with other freight drivers at the round tables seemed to go away about the second half of my 29 years at Holland, nobody stopped anymore. Truly Sad. I miss the old days.

Comment

Working...
              X