Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you do it all over again.

Originally posted by Docker View Post
    I was in Turncoat Tyson's local in Dallas too and for some odd reason... he didn't seem to like me much 2631.

I started out with Carolina in Carlisle... then transferred with Carolina (then shithole Worldway Corp.) to Kernersville in the beginning of "95" ... months later it was announced that ABF bought us but in reality it was a done deal before they even transferred us months before. Yep... smart... they made it look like we were going under first so not very many people transferred at all which was the plan. That way... our breakbulk in Carlisle turned into an end of the line terminal which they then could close with no transfer opportunities which they did when they announced that ABF bought us. All that senority that didn't transfer... which most went over to ABF to start as casual and the rest over to Roadway. All those people... around 460 of them on the dock... and the 50 man roster didn't even fill for Kernersville and that even included those transferring in from Cherryville (Carolina's senority capital). There were also a few that went to Boston... Phily and Hartford. They also closed Boston and Hartford the same time they closed Carlisle and the ones that went to Phily got to go back and dovetail in at ABF in Carlisle months later after the announcement. You got to admit... pretty damn slick the way the company played that one. I was called crazy from so many for transferring then being stuck there with no job when they shut the doors... but I lucked out in the end.

I transferred down to Dallas with a COO in 2008 so I either don't remember about that driver you mention or wasn't there at the time... but sorry to hear about that 2631.
    Docker tell the truth you went where you were needed the most.

Comment

Re: Would you do it all over again.

Originally posted by MULER View Post
      Docker tell the truth you went where you were needed the most.
      Ok... the truth is I went anywhere willing to take me in... you know... just like it is with trucking forums... lol

Comment

Working...
      X