X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Million Miler

Quite an achievement.

YRC Freight Driver George Brown Achieves Five Million-Mile Safety Milestone

"After nearly 43 years of driving for YRC Freight,George Brownhas reached the elite milestone of logging over five million driving miles without a single preventable accident.

Based inMemphis, Tenn., he drives an average of 160,000 miles each year. For the past six years, Brown has been driving fromMemphistoHoustonthree times a week. Each one-way trip is approximately 580 miles long, and this is Brown’s favorite route he has driven.

“We look to drivers like George as outstanding examples of how we can operate with excellence every day,” said CEODarren Hawkins. “We congratulate George on this remarkable accomplishment and thank him for his continued commitment to keeping our highways safe.”

Though highways have grown busier during his driving career spanning four decades, Brown continues to enjoy and speak highly of his profession. Brown’s decades of driving have granted him a wealth of experience, and his most important advice for fellow drivers is to use the Smith System, an industry-accepted driver safety training based around five key pillars.

“I’ve stood by the Smith System my entire career, and these five rules are what have kept me and others safe on the road:Aim Highin Steering,Get the Big Picture,Keep Your Eyes Moving,LeaveYourself an OutandMake Sure They See You,” said Brown. “You must drive for yourself as well as everybody else. You have no control over other drivers – you can only control your own actions.”

“We are all immensely proud of George and his safety achievement,” saidTamara Jalving, Vice President, Safety. “His safety record represents our focus every day atYRC Worldwide:working together to identify and control exposure, championing safety in all we do.”

http://investors.yrcw.com/news-relea...e-million-mile

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Re: Five Million Miler

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
    Quite an achievement.

YRC Freight Driver George Brown Achieves Five Million-Mile Safety Milestone

"After nearly 43 years of driving for YRC Freight,George Brownhas reached the elite milestone of logging over five million driving miles without a single preventable accident.

Based inMemphis, Tenn., he drives an average of 160,000 miles each year. For the past six years, Brown has been driving fromMemphistoHoustonthree times a week. Each one-way trip is approximately 580 miles long, and this is Brown’s favorite route he has driven.

“We look to drivers like George as outstanding examples of how we can operate with excellence every day,” said CEODarren Hawkins. “We congratulate George on this remarkable accomplishment and thank him for his continued commitment to keeping our highways safe.”

Though highways have grown busier during his driving career spanning four decades, Brown continues to enjoy and speak highly of his profession. Brown’s decades of driving have granted him a wealth of experience, and his most important advice for fellow drivers is to use the Smith System, an industry-accepted driver safety training based around five key pillars.

“I’ve stood by the Smith System my entire career, and these five rules are what have kept me and others safe on the road:Aim Highin Steering,Get the Big Picture,Keep Your Eyes Moving,LeaveYourself an OutandMake Sure They See You,” said Brown. “You must drive for yourself as well as everybody else. You have no control over other drivers – you can only control your own actions.”

“We are all immensely proud of George and his safety achievement,” saidTamara Jalving, Vice President, Safety. “His safety record represents our focus every day atYRC Worldwide:working together to identify and control exposure, championing safety in all we do.”

http://investors.yrcw.com/news-relea...e-million-mile

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    Congratulations George Brown!!! That's a lot of safe driving miles and one hell of an accomplishment.

Comment

Congratulations George Brown,a unbelievable accomplishment

Comment

What a accomplishment congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X