House passes bill to hike stimulus payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: House passes bill to hike stimulus payments

New Relief-Checks Bill From McConnell Boosts Aid Amounts, but Also Leaves Democrats Seething

After blocking a Senate move to vote on boosting coronavirus stimulus checks on Tuesday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell introduced an alternative proposal. In it, the checks are increased as President Donald Trump, many Democrats and even some GOP lawmakers have urged.

But McConnell also ties those fatter payments to Trump priorities including probing allegations of election fraud and diminishing liability protections for social media platforms, Newsweek reports.

Sent the original COVID-19 economic stimulus bill, Trump declined to sign without major changes. He wanted individual relief checks boosted from $600 to $2,000.

Unrelated to COVID, he also wanted a repeal of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, which protects social media platforms from being sued over third-party content. And he wanted inquiries into his claims of election fraud, which have been been pressed without success in court and at the legislative level for weeks since the Nov. 3 election outcome favored opponent Joe Biden.

Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer of New York said the new proposal from McConnell could not pass, giving the majority leader an "out" on the larger relief package.

Read more
    https://www.newsmax.com/politics/aid...29/id/1003552/

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
      New Relief-Checks Bill From McConnell Boosts Aid Amounts, but Also Leaves Democrats Seething
      I thought the a reason was because of section 230. Trump needs to let the election go. He tries to put in the repeal of section 230 when wanting to increase the 600 to 2000

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
        I thought the a reason was because of section 230. Trump needs to let the election go. He tries to put in the repeal of section 230 when wanting to increase the 600 to 2000
        I don't blame Trump for wanting to have the election investigated.. Even a third grader saw that there was wide spread fraud.. And if the democrats didn't do anything wrong then they shouldn't have a problem with it.. In reality though it should have been a stand alone bill as all bills should be.. But this is what politicians do.. Nancy did it with her version of the Covid bill tying it to the budget Omnibus bill where she got a wish list of shit.. McConnell is doing the same thing.. Washington politics.. You rub my back and I will rub your back..

Comment

I don't blame Trump for wanting to have the election investigated.. Even a third grader saw that there was wide spread fraud.. And if the democrats didn't do anything wrong then they shouldn't have a problem with it.. In reality though it should have been a stand alone bill as all bills should be.. But this is what politicians do.. Nancy did it with her version of the Covid bill tying it to the budget Omnibus bill where she got a wish list of shit.. McConnell is doing the same thing.. Washington politics.. You rub my back and I will rub your back..
          My thoughts exactly... America's citizens held hostage in the Pelosi-McConnell War. And as always... the citizens will just roll over and except being the casualties of their power struggle. Just when will the citizens rise up in masses and demand they will not allow themselves to be the manipulated pawns in their deceptive games anymore because any reasonable person can clearly see that it's nothing but a game to them.

IMO... the citizens should come up with the motto... "We the People" demand results not blame... or you're all are gone!!!

All those POS work for us... not control us like they want people to believe... which sadly... many do.

Comment

Washington politics SUCKS, one reason I wont have a pension is because of Washington politics

Comment

Washington politics SUCKS, one reason I wont have a pension is because of Washington politics
              You have that right Jimmy... and in order for that to change... we have to find a way to end all that rampant corruption in our government. One... or even a few politicians won't be able to get it done either because it's deep rooted...

IMO... the only answer is... the masses of we the people.

There... I have the answer... all you have to do is to come up with a way to get it done...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Docker View Post
                You have that right Jimmy... and in order for that to change... we have to find a way to end all that rampant corruption in our government. One... or even a few politicians won't be able to get it done either because it's deep rooted...

IMO... the only answer is... the masses of we the people.

There... I have the answer... all you have to do is to come up with a way to get it done...lol
                I can't see it happening in my lifetime. As much as I'd like to blame McConnell for blocking the Butch Lewis act it's not all his fault. It's politics as usual. There are probably many republican senators who would vote against it. Of course I want to the dems take the senate for selfish reasons. But then half the country will be against Shumer. So unless something changes it will continue on the same business as usual.

Comment

You will get your pension or at least some of it.. Part of mine is gone already and I truly believe it will never be made whole again.. Talking to my wife about this and we talked about the Georgia senate race.. If the democrats would win the Senate then there would be a better chance of the pension issue getting fixed.. Then I thought about it and said that would make me a hypocrite .. Those two Democratic candidates are for everything that I am against.. So I do hope the Republican's maintain the senate and hope Grassley actually does something this year about the pensions.. So we decided that more than likely we will sell the house and move down near you.. And get a smaller house..

Comment

IMO the only way to even attempt to change/fix our government is the complete fall of it. Like in Rome and completely rebuild from nothing. That is a scary thought for real. DC is way to big to fix or attempt to fix.

Comment

IMO the only way to even attempt to change/fix our government is the complete fall of it. Like in Rome and completely rebuild from nothing. That is a scary thought for real. DC is way to big to fix or attempt to fix.
                      That's the dilemma... "We the People" face ... if our government falls... so does the country. China would take over so fast it would make your head spin. That's why it was predicted that America will be destroyed from within.

Comment

So we decided that more than likely we will sell the house and move down near you.. And get a smaller house..
                        Crazy are you moving to NC? I thought you were looking in Conway

Comment

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) appeared to deliver a political death blow to a last-minute push to authorize $2,000 stimulus checks for most Americans, arguing he would not be “bullied” into action despite pressure from President Trump, congressional Democrats and even some Republicans for the more generous payments.
                          https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...9kX?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

rich clowns up there arguing if we should get a little more money. just in humane was he Moscow Mitch or was that another Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
                              Crazy are you moving to NC? I thought you were looking in Conway
                              I think he is looking in NC, the other day I seen a RV with 3 Satellite dishes on top and some dude looking like hes a Florida tourist with them Hawaiian shirts on and he was on my street looking at a home for sale. I could have been someone else tho. lol lol

Oh yeah the RV had Trump signs all over it like the election hasn't happened yet. LOL

Last edited by Jimmy; 12-30-2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I think he is looking in NC, the other day I seen a RV with 3 Satellite dishes on top and some dude looking like hes a Florida tourist with them Hawaiian shirts on and he was on my street looking at a home for sale. I could have been someone else tho. lol lol

Oh yeah the RV had Trump signs all over it like the election hasn't happened yet. LOL

That's just cruel Jimmy... even according to my standards...lol

Comment

Working...
                                X