ABF Freight President Tim Thorne To Retire Later This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABF Freight President Tim Thorne To Retire Later This Year

FORT SMITH, Arkansas, January 11, 2021 — ArcBest® (Nasdaq: ARCB), a leader in supply chain logistics, today announced that Tim Thorne, president of ArcBest less-than-truckload carrier ABF Freight®, will retire effective June 30, 2021, after a 31-year career with the company. Seth Runser, ABF vice president – linehaul operations, will be promoted to the new role of ABF chief operating officer, effective Feb. 1, 2021, and will become ABF president on July 1, 2021. Thorne has been president since October 2014. He joined ABF in 1990 as a supervisor assistant after serving as a captain in the U.S. Army. Prior to becoming president, Thorne held increasing roles of responsibility — as a service center manager in Alabama, Tennessee and Pennsylvania, as a regional vice president – operations in Utah and as vice president – linehaul operations.

“Over the past three decades, Tim has made significant and meaningful contributions to our company as ArcBest has expanded and diversified to meet customers’ needs,” said Judy R. McReynolds, ArcBest chairman, president and CEO. “He has approached each role with integrity, enthusiasm and excellence. I thank Tim for his dedication and longtime service to our organization, and I wish him, his wife Diane and their family the very best. He will be greatly missed.”

Under Thorne’s leadership, ABF ratified a 2018 labor agreement with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and paid a profit-sharing bonus to eligible union employees for the first time in its nearly 100-year history.

“We have the very best people in the business, and it has been a great honor to serve as president of ABF,” Thorne said.

https://arcb.com/about/news-events/p...ater-this-year
    Yep... the 2018 labor agreement was a very good deal for the company but it doesn't even compare to just how great the 2013 contract was for the company. Maybe I'm wrong but I sure don't recall seeing Thorne having much to do with it being ratified. Who knows... maybe they just wanted to have some achievements to list when announcing his retirement. That's Judy and ArcBest for you... the masters of deception.

Yep...you have the very best people in the business... just not ABF Freight because those last two contracts just went to prove that fact.
Working...
X