Just my opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just my opinion

I guess you can call me selfish. I log on a couple of times a day in hopes of finding something of interest. I am sorry to say that TOL has turned into a mini version of TB. It seems that it is mostly long winded unproven conspiracy theories too boring for me to even read. I miss the old TOL where we had daily trucking information and spirited civil debates on many issues of interest to me.

Re: Just my opinion

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
    I guess you can call me selfish. I log on a couple of times a day in hopes of finding something of interest. I am sorry to say that TOL has turned into a mini version of TB. It seems that it is mostly long winded unproven conspiracy theories too boring for me to even read. I miss the old TOL where we had daily trucking information and spirited civil debates on many issues of interest to me.
    The ones on the left have basically been asked to participate but they are reluctant to do so.. Some fled the site.. We all would like to have ALL participate .. I believe it is because they cannot control the narrative as I have said before.. I wish we all could be friendly again and I would hope they prove me wrong..

Comment

Another reason I would love to see them post again in the Chinese coronavirus thread.. back during the summer I was basically called a right winged conspiracy nut because I posted positive stories about the drug hydroxychloroquine .. They posted many stories from the left liberal media saying these studies were nothing more than conspiracies.. Now it turns out the stories i posted were correct.. Sometimes a conspiracy is nothing more than a denial of the truth..

Comment

Was that before or after we were told that injecting chlorox?
        President Donald Trump suggested the possibility of an "injection" of disinfectant into a person infected with the coronavirus as a deterrent to the virus during his daily briefing Thursday.
        https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...lungs-n1191216

I for one was skeptical of Trump's suggestion. Just like I was when he claimed that covid was a hoax to keep voters from the polls. Like when he told campaign rally supporters they wouldn't hear anything about covid after Nov 4th.

Comment

Was that before or after we were told that injecting chlorox?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...lungs-n1191216

I for one was skeptical of Trump's suggestion. Just like I was when he claimed that covid was a hoax to keep voters from the polls. Like when he told campaign rally supporters they wouldn't hear anything about covid after Nov 4th.
          I think we are all skeptical,or should be, even more so now with the current political atmosphere.IMO we all have to take all that is said by all politicians as no more than idle chatter unless we can verify every word that comes out of their mouths.For me ,I dont believe any of them, no matter what they claim or blather.Verification today is all in the eyes of the beholder, factual truth is harder and harder to find now, unless you have endless hours to look for it.

Comment

How about this conspiracy theory... the so called "deplorable domestic terrorists" have broken into all the leftist member's homes on this site and stole their keyboards to keep them from exposing all these so called conspiracy theories.. except yours of course which they must have overlooked for one reason or another.

I have an idea... instead of being disappointed and blaming the deplorables... how about being disappointed and putting the blame on those who rightfully deserve it... the once cocky leftists who used to control the political section with extreme bias who suddenly went mute when Jimmy decided to relax the rules and unbanned incorrigible members such as myself.

But no... just like a leftist... always putting the blame on the other guy because it's our fault they aren't willing to engage in spirited civil debates... right?
            Last edited by Docker; 01-29-2021, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Docker View Post
              How about this conspiracy theory... the so called "deplorable domestic terrorists" have broken into all the leftist member's homes on this site and stole their keyboards to keep them from exposing all these so called conspiracy theories.. except yours of course which they must have overlooked for one reason or another.

I have an idea... instead of being disappointed and blaming the deplorables... how about being disappointed and putting the blame on those who rightfully deserve it... the once cocky leftists who used to control the political section with extreme bias who suddenly went mute when Jimmy decided to relax the rules and unbanned incorrigible members such as myself.

But no... just like a leftist... always putting the blame on the other guy because it's our fault they aren't willing to engage in spirited civil debates... right?
              And if you think that putting this in the Community Lounge will keep me from replying... you are sorely mistaken because... like it or not... I have opinions too.

And don't think for a moment that I don't know you are going for the sympathy plea.
              Last edited by Docker; 01-29-2021, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Docker I don't have an opinion on that.

Comment

And if you think that putting this in the Community Lounge will keep me from replying... you are sorely mistaken because... like it or not... I have opinions too.

And don't think for a moment that I don't know you are going for the sympathy plea.
                  Docker I started this thread on members opinions. Of course I would like you and all members to join in with their opinions. Why would you think I am looking for sympathy? Why because I miss the the daily information I used to get from this site. I started this thread in the hopes that others would join in.

I thought I made myself clear that I can't get involved in responding to multiple long winded conspiracy theories that I don't have the attention span to read twice before getting the point of the article? I saw your posts last night before you edited them. I'm glad you did because I could now respond. I wouldn't have read the quotes so I wouldn't have had an opinion on them.

My opinion remains the same. I miss the old TOL where I found things of interest to me. There have been a lot of former members of this site that have left for their own reasons. I would like them to come back and offer their opinions. Of course there is always the political forum if they would like to post there too.

I don't know if this will be posted because at 6:15 AM I keep getting an error saying the server is down.

Comment

When my wife says "I don't have an opinion on that" is when I know I pretty much need to pay attention..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                      When my wife says "I don't have an opinion on that" is when I know I pretty much need to pay attention..
                      No I really don't have an opinion on Docker's post. I don't know anything about deplorables or stolen keyboards.

Comment

crazy you might be interested to know that the Myrtle Beach VA will be opening a new clinic at the Market Common in the spring. So if you do move to Conway there will be services a short ride away. This will be a big step in improving veterans services to our area.

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2020/11/30/...ate-occupancy/

Comment

crazy you might be interested to know that the Myrtle Beach VA will be opening a new clinic at the Market Common in the spring. So if you do move to Conway there will be services a short ride away. This will be a big step in improving veterans services to our area.

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2020/11/30/...ate-occupancy/
                          Thanks, she looks at homes in the area just about everyday... As soon as the weather breaks we hopefully will get our home sold. Working on one now but not sure if he can get financing.. Who knows I might be your neighbor ..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                            Thanks, she looks at homes in the area just about everyday... As soon as the weather breaks we hopefully will get our home sold. Working on one now but not sure if he can get financing.. Who knows I might be your neighbor ..
                            Come on down they love our Yankee dollars. I heard the VA has a good loan program.

Comment

Sure you do… you either refuse to acknowledge or state it because you want everyone to get along like one big happy family. I have news for you… it’s a family all right… but happy it is not. It’s a highly dysfunctional family harboring nothing but contempt and hatred by some of its members. And those who are harboring nothing but contempt and hatred are now in hiding because they no longer have the upper hand in controlling the course of the discussions.

That’s what you are either refusing to acknowledge or state because you liked it much better before when those who had opposing viewpoints and opinions were stifled when it came to expressing them because deep down…you don’t want spirited civil debates… you want people to either agree with your opinions or just shut the hell up and that’s the way it was moderated for a good while recently. After all… one of your favorite complaints is that you’re being attacked for just stating your opinion. Like I said before… when you state your opinion… another member also has the right to state theirs… and this is my opinion… like it or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X