Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just my opinion

You get offended when someone gives you their opinion about your opinion
    I don't know about that. Since it's just your opinion you don't have to justify it. But if you'll show me an example I'll see if I can defend it.

That’s your problem… you think that if you say that something was just your opinion… it should then be considered beyond reproach… but I’m sorry… IMO… it is not.
    That's where you and I disagree. My opinion is just an opinion. I don't have justify my opinion. That's why it's in this thread so I don't have to defend it. So I don't have to get into long winded exchanges with links from multi paragraph opinion sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Docker View Post

All I did was ask why you failed to mention Biden when it came controlling his party since you evidently think that every president should have control of their whole party. Which you then evaded the question by stating that you only gave your opinion which IMO… is just another way a copping out of answering it.
      I didn't fail to mention Biden. He had nothing to do with my post.................Now you are trying to put words in my mouth by using I evidently think.

Then you said that it was Biden’s bill that saved your pension.

Now I ask you… just how was it that it was Biden’s bill that saved your pension? Or are you just going to cop out again by saying that you were just giving your opinion.

That’s your problem… you think that if you say that something was just your opinion… it should then be considered beyond reproach… but I’m sorry… IMO… it is not.
      I have already posted my opinion that Biden saved my pension. He promised the Teamster before the election that he would fix our pensions and he did. It was his bill using reconciliation that got it passed in the senate 50-49. Pelosi and Schumer followed Biden's directive and moved the bill to a vote

Crazy posted that Trump said he would sign Butch Lewis if it got to his desk. We all know McConnell killed the bill. We all know not 1 republican voted in support of Biden's bill. So it is my opinion, which I don't have to justify, that it was Biden who saved my pension.

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
        I didn't fail to mention Biden. He had nothing to do with my post.................Now you are trying to put words in my mouth by using I evidently think.

I have already posted my opinion that Biden saved my pension. He promised the Teamster before the election that he would fix our pensions and he did. It was his bill using reconciliation that got it passed in the senate 50-49. Pelosi and Schumer followed Biden's directive and moved the bill to a vote

Crazy posted that Trump said he would sign Butch Lewis if it got to his desk. We all know McConnell killed the bill. We all know not 1 republican voted in support of Biden's bill. So it is my opinion, which I don't have to justify, that it was Biden who saved my pension.
        I can say that yes indeed the Democrats saved the pensions. Biden??.Not sure he even knows what day it is... He only talks when there is a teleprompter present. Yeah he can say he saved the pensions but only because that is what he is being told to say..That is my opinion and I am sticking to it..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
          I can say that yes indeed the Democrats saved the pensions. Biden??.Not sure he even knows what day it is... He only talks when there is a teleprompter present. Yeah he can say he saved the pensions but only because that is what he is being told to say..That is my opinion and I am sticking to it..
          Well no matter who told him what to do he still delivered on a campaign promise.............Just got a call from a friend in Jersey who's adult son and his wife just got $2,800 direct deposited into his account today.

Comment

I don't know about that. Since it's just your opinion you don't have to justify it. But if you'll show me an example I'll see if I can defend it.
            Well... since you mentioned it... I will... you can start with defending this...

What did you mean by... "I won't have to"?

That's where you and I disagree. My opinion is just an opinion. I don't have justify my opinion. That's why it's in this thread so I don't have to defend it. So I don't have to get into long winded exchanges with links from multi paragraph opinion sites.
            That's right... you don't have to justify your opinion in this thread or any other one for that matter... just ask fx... he's the pro at it. Just like others have the right to question to you about why you're not willing to justify it. I'm sorry but that's not attacking the poster.

Don't be getting bent out of shape and consider this an attack on your character because this is just going to be an analogy...

How would you feel if one of your friends told you about one of your neighbors going around the neighborhood telling everyone that you are a theif... you go confront him about why he thinks that you are a thief... and he says... "It's just my opinion and I don't have to justify it". Tell me... are you just going to accept that and say Ok... thank you and walk away?
            Last edited by Docker; 03-12-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

I have already posted my opinion that Biden saved my pension. He promised the Teamster before the election that he would fix our pensions and he did.

How do you believe Biden fixed our pensions because all I got out of your explanation is it's the fact that he a democrat... not a republican like Trump? And why do you call it Biden's bill?

I hope it's not because he just signed it because I can guarantee that people wouldn't of been going around saying Trump fixed the Teamster's pension if it somehow miraculously passed when he was president.

And if you reserve the right by saying that you don't have to justify your opinion again... how about not saying "show me an example I'll see if I can defend it" again like you did in a previous post... Ok?

Comment

Docker there is a saying if you can't convince them then confuse them That's what we have here. I'm confused. You posted
                All I'm saying is that don't get offended when someone else says what they believe. Don't you think that's only right?
                I posted
                I can't recall getting offended by someone posting their opinion unless that opinion had a personal reference to me
                I didn't ask you to justify anything. I was just asking for an example so that I could defend or explain And this is your response. I really don't see your point. It has me confused.

Well... since you mentioned it... I will... you can start with defending this...

What did you mean by... "I won't have to"?

That's right... you don't have to justify your opinion in this thread or any other one for that matter... just ask fx... he's the pro at it. Just like others have the right to question to you about why you're not willing to justify it. I'm sorry but that's not attacking the poster.

Don't be getting bent out of shape and consider this an attack on your character because this is just going to be an analogy...

How would you feel if one of your friends told you about one of your neighbors going around the neighborhood telling everyone that you are a theif... you go confront him about why he thinks that you are a thief... and he says... "It's just my opinion and I don't have to justify it". Tell me... are you just going to accept that and say Ok... thank you and walk away?

You get offended when someone gives you their opinion about your opinion... and you even get more offended when if they question you about your opinion. Are you now trying to say that you don't?
                Someone accusing me of being a thief is slander............................Sorry but even trying to make sense of this has me really confused

Comment

Docker there is a saying if you can't convince them then confuse them That's what we have here. I'm confused. You posted
                  I posted
                  I didn't ask you to justify anything. I was just asking for an example so that I could defend or explain And this is your response. I really don't see your point. It has me confused.
                  Someone accusing me of being a thief is slander............................Sorry but even trying to make sense of this has me really confused
                  There's also sayings like ... "Excuses are the easy way out"... "Make an effort,not an excuse"... and "Excuses are used as a means of trying to find a way out of doing something"

Your excuse... I'm confused and don't understand the question... therefore I'm unable to answer. It's a simple question...

What did you mean by... "You won't have to"? After all... you said it... and it's very easy to go back to the Capital thread and refresh your memory by re-reading the conversation. But you won't... because IMO... you know damn well what you meant when you said it at the time... it's just much easier to make up an excuse than to admit the fact that you were offended when you said it. Tell me... it's a very simple question... just what's so confusing about trying to explain what you meant by it?

And as for this...

You sure are confused today... how convenient...

Let's make it a wee bit less confusing for you... shall we...

Someone who's just accusing you of being a thief when it's not true is not slander... it only becomes slander when you can prove that they knew it was false when they said it. Now... how about reading my analogy again and try answering it this time because by your excuse of it not being applicable because it's slander isn't cutting it...

It's as simple as it gets... would you confront that POS and tell him he better start explaining himself or not?

All this BS nowadays about going out of your way as to avoid offending people is absolutely ridiculous... sorry... but no matter what statement you make about anything and everything... somebody... somewhere is going to be offended by it!!! But that's Ok... just as long as you're not offended by it... right?

Comment

There's also sayings like ... "Excuses are the easy way out"... "Make an effort,not an excuse"... and "Excuses are used as a means of trying to find a way out of doing something"
                    You call it an excuse because your post is confusing to me. I'm confused and don't understand the question... therefore I'm unable to answer.
                    It's a simple question...
                    No excuse it's a fact. I do have to reread long posts and links. If you want to consider my lack of concentration an excuse then that's on you. I am confused with your response to you giving me an example. I asked for an example and you answered with a question

What did you mean by... "You won't have to"? After all... you said it... and it's very easy to go back to the Capital thread and refresh your memory by re-reading the conversation. But you won't... because IMO... you know damn well what you meant when you said it at the time... it's just much easier to make up an excuse than to admit the fact that you were offended when you said it. Tell me... it's a very simple question... just what's so confusing about trying to explain what you meant by it?
                    You say I won't go back but I did and it appears that you accepted my reply
                    You won't have to.
                    Glad to hear that.....

If my answer was acceptable to you back then why are you taking issue with it now?

and as for this...

Someone who's just accusing you of being a thief when it's not true is not slander... it only becomes slander when you can prove that they knew it was false when they said it. Now... how about reading my analogy again and try answering it this time because by your excuse of it not being applicable because it's slander isn't cutting it..

It's as simple as it gets... would you confront that POS and tell him he better start explaining himself or not?

All this BS nowadays about going out of your way as to avoid offending people is absolutely ridiculous... sorry... but no matter what statement you make about anything and everything... somebody... somewhere is going to be offended by it!!! But that's Ok... just as long as you're not offended by it... right?
                    Docker you can have your say because all of this is pointless. No matter what I say it will just be a convenient excuse, copout or what ever to you...............Another saying is that arguing with a trucker is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while you realize that the pig is enjoying it.........................Don't take that wrong because in no way am I referring to you as a pig. It just my way of saying I realize that you enjoy arguing

Comment

Your excuse... I'm confused and don't understand the question... therefore I'm unable to answer. It's a simple question...

And as for this...

Someone who's just accusing you of being a thief when it's not true is not slander... it only becomes slander when you can prove that they knew it was false when they said it. Now... how about reading my analogy again and try answering it this time because by your excuse of it not being applicable because it's slander isn't cutting it...

You call it an excuse because your post is confusing to me. I'm confused and don't understand the question... therefore I'm unable to answer.

No excuse it's a fact. I do have to reread long posts and links. If you want to consider my lack of concentration an excuse then that's on you. I am confused with your response to you giving me an example. I asked for an example and you answered with a question

If my answer was acceptable to you back then why are you taking issue with it now?

Docker you can have your say because all of this is pointless. No matter what I say it will just be a convenient excuse, copout or what ever to you...............Another saying is that arguing with a trucker is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while you realize that the pig is enjoying it.........................Don't take that wrong because in no way am I referring to you as a pig. It just my way of saying I realize that you enjoy arguing
                      I also have concentration problems when reading long posts.. I use to read many a book.. sometimes as many as four in a month.. I no longer can read books because of concentration problems. It goes the same long articles on the internet.. 2631!! It happens to the best of us..

Comment

I also have concentration problems when reading long posts.. I use to read many a book.. sometimes as many as four in a month.. I no longer can read books because of concentration problems. It goes the same long articles on the internet.. 2631!! It happens to the best of us..
                        I can't read a book anymore. I haven't read one in years. If I read a paragraph I understand the words but forget what it was that I read. Sometimes in my mind I read words that aren't even there. When I'm done I say that doesn't make sense and have to read it again.......I was talking to a neighbor this morning that I have known for 8 years. I felt like a real jerk because I couldn't remember his name.

Docker has his own style but to me it's more like work to try and figure out a reply. Especially if I have to cut and paste a link..........I joined TOL to have a Teamster friendly site to call home. Now it seems that just about every thread on here turns into a political debate.

Comment

I can't read a book anymore. I haven't read one in years. If I read a paragraph I understand the words but forget what it was that I read. Sometimes in my mind I read words that aren't even there. When I'm done I say that doesn't make sense and have to read it again.......I was talking to a neighbor this morning that I have known for 8 years. I felt like a real jerk because I couldn't remember his name.

Docker has his own style but to me it's more like work to try and figure out a reply. Especially if I have to cut and paste a link..........I joined TOL to have a Teamster friendly site to call home. Now it seems that just about every thread on here turns into a political debate.
                          I keep a set of directions to my house along with my name in my wallet.. It hasn't happened just yet but one never knows..

Comment

I keep a set of directions to my house along with my name in my wallet.. It hasn't happened just yet but one never knows..
                            About 3 years ago I was at the Golden Corral for our monthly Vets luncheon. I didn't know where I was. One of the guys drove me home and a little later my son took me to the ER. They did all kinds of tests and admitted me. They thought I was having a T I A ( transient ischemic attack). The next day it was determined that I had had a T G A (transient global amnesia)

Transient global amnesia (TGA) is a rare medical condition in which a person experiences a sudden episode of memory loss. During a TGA episode, a person cannot form new memories (a condition called anterograde amnesia) and has difficulty recalling recent memories (a condition called retrograde amnesia).
                            After a teleconference with a neurologist down at MUSC (Medical University of South Carolina) they sent me home the next day. They said they don't know what causes a TGA. They said there is no treatment for it and that it is unlikely that will happen again.................Occasionally driving I'll just for a couple of seconds forget where I am but then it passes..............It really does suck getting old.

Comment

About 3 years ago I was at the Golden Corral for our monthly Vets luncheon. I didn't know where I was. One of the guys drove me home and a little later my son took me to the ER. They did all kinds of tests and admitted me. They thought I was having a T I A ( transient ischemic attack). The next day it was determined that I had had a T G A (transient global amnesia)

After a teleconference with a neurologist down at MUSC (Medical University of South Carolina) they sent me home the next day. They said they don't know what causes a TGA. They said there is no treatment for it and that it is unlikely that will happen again.................Occasionally driving I'll just for a couple of seconds forget where I am but then it passes..............It really does suck getting old.
                              I call them a "senior" moment..

Comment

Well then… let’s be direct so as to force you off that confused merry-go-round that you seem to be clinging to. Here you go… simple and direct… and I’m not answering it with a question…

Here's my original post and your reply...

You get offended when someone gives you their opinion about your opinion... and you even get more offended when if they question you about your opinion.
                                Here’s the example I provided…

You won't have to.
                                Now... try defending it… like you said you would. Either you can or you can’t… it’s that simple and IMO… isn’t the least bit confusing…

If you went back and read it like you just said you did… then just how did it appear that I accepted your reply? Show me… because it sure is hard to accept a reply that one never even got because my reply to your post was never answered… wouldn’t you say?

And here you are having the insolence to ask me why I’m having an issue now… I wasn’t… you were the one that mentioned showing you an example so you’re not fooling anyone by making it look like I’m making such a big deal of it now. That’s right… you say provide an example… I do and then you have the audacity to ask me why I have an issue with it now. IMO… that’s just downright underhanded… something that I wouldn’t of expected from you.

All you are doing is trying to worm your way out of admitting that you are very sensitive and get offended easily… and that’s the fact of this whole confused merry-go-round that you’re playing for all it’s worth.

You may think it’s pointless but I don’t so I’m just going to keep trying to get you to stand by your word. But untimely… the choice is yours… you can continue being the worm… be a chicken or be another pig… right along there with me. And don’t take me wrong… they’re just metaphors after all. And feel free to call me anything you want because I’m not sensitive and thin-skinned and wouldn’t mind it in the least if someone was to call me a pig because I’ve been called a whole hell of a lot worse in my lifetime… after all… I consider that it comes with the territory in confrontations.

And if this is still too confusing for you… I’ll make it as simple as possible… since this is an opinion thread… It is my opinion that you are sensitive and easily offended. How’s that… clear enough?

I’m really not trying to give you a hard time 2631… I’m just trying to get you to admit something that you really don’t want to even acknowledge… let alone admit… and I do take that into consideration when replying to you. I also think that political opinions are far from being considered sensitive issues and people should be aware of that fact and the consequences before offerring theirs... especially those who are sensitive and thin-skinned. There's a reason why so many people stay away from political discussions... not just becasue they are timid or non confrontational either... they just realize that it's never an argument where one can win. Kinda smart if you ask me... but then again... I was never known to be the smartest bear in the woods.

Comment

Working...
                                X