Yellow Corporation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Corporation

Interesting why this wasn't posted by some(used to be YRC,and now Yellow)employee...Maybe it was just an oversight,or maybe,just maybe,because it wasn't some Dr.Feelgood,Kumbaya BS propaganda article...Name change back to(one brand)Yellow...James Pierson,CFO resigns,no explanation...Full year net loss for 2020 was $53.5 million,better then last year,absolutely,still a loss...Company's outstanding debt was $1.284 billion as of December 31,2020,an increase of $381.2 compared to $902.8 million as of December 31,2019...Still a long road ahead,they will cut costs and consolidate terminals to save money...Makes perfect business sense...

Why the name change back to Yellow?....Because as of March,2022,it will be one company with the merging of the regionals all becoming Yellow...NP in Hightstown,NJ had a meeting about it already...It's already started in upstate NY with merging of YRC and NP terminals...Can't get drivers now even with their bonus program...

When consolidating terminals there will be more than enough drivers,too many as a matter of fact,and there will be layoffs unfortunately...Problem for the locals will be of course...Endtail?...Dovetail?...NP drivers(641) will definitely have seniority in any dovetail with the YRC terminal(701) right next door...It's their contention the contract states any merging will be a ''dovetail''...You know damn well Ernie's going to fight that tooth and nail for his 701 members...Should be very interesting how this all plays out....

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...rporation.html

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/...ss-cfo-resigns

Re: Yellow Corporation

When consolidating terminals there will be more than enough drivers,too many as a matter of fact,and there will be layoffs unfortunately...Problem for the locals will be of course...Endtail?...Dovetail?...NP drivers(641) will definitely have seniority in any dovetail with the YRC terminal(701) right next door...It's their contention the contract states any merging will be a ''dovetail''...You know damn well Ernie's going to fight that tooth and nail for his 701 members...Should be very interesting how this all plays out....
    Interesting for sure. If I was 701 YRC I'd definitely expect Ernie to fight for me. If I was 641 NP I'd expect Ernie's man Cunningham to fight for me. IMO dovetail will win out..............Wizard the only trucking terminal I knew of in Hightstown was the old Tredways. Didn't Pitt Ohio move in there?

Comment

I don't see anything in there on March 2022.
      I don't doubt it but don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
        Interesting why this wasn't posted by some(used to be YRC,and now Yellow)employee...Maybe it was just an oversight,or maybe,just maybe,because it wasn't some Dr.Feelgood,Kumbaya BS propaganda article...Name change back to(one brand)Yellow...James Pierson,CFO resigns,no explanation...Full year net loss for 2020 was $53.5 million,better then last year,absolutely,still a loss...Company's outstanding debt was $1.284 billion as of December 31,2020,an increase of $381.2 compared to $902.8 million as of December 31,2019...Still a long road ahead,they will cut costs and consolidate terminals to save money...Makes perfect business sense...

Why the name change back to Yellow?....Because as of March,2022,it will be one company with the merging of the regionals all becoming Yellow...NP in Hightstown,NJ had a meeting about it already...It's already started in upstate NY with merging of YRC and NP terminals...Can't get drivers now even with their bonus program...

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...rporation.html

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/...ss-cfo-resigns

https://teamstersonline.com/forums/y...tructures.html

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/yrc-...te-name-yellow

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
          Interesting for sure. If I was 701 YRC I'd definitely expect Ernie to fight for me. If I was 641 NP I'd expect Ernie's man Cunningham to fight for me. IMO dovetail will win out..............Wizard the only trucking terminal I knew of in Hightstown was the old Tredways. Didn't Pitt Ohio move in there?
          I'm pretty sure it's Hightstown,NP and YRC are right across from each other...not really familiar with that area down there...Pitt-Ohio I think is in West Windsor...You know some of the ex-Red-Star NP drivers...That is one busy terminal...used to be a lot busier...YRC has been taking a lot of their freight...

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
            I don't see anything in there on March 2022.
            I don't doubt it but don't see it.
            Not yet Slave,but you will,give it time...

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's Hightstown,NP and YRC are right across from each other...not really familiar with that area down there...Pitt-Ohio I think is in West Windsor...You know some of the ex-Red-Star NP drivers...That is one busy terminal...used to be a lot busier...YRC has been taking a lot of their freight...
              Some of the Red Star guys retired or passed away. I think guys like Keith K and Mike R are still in the Trenton terminal. I don't think I know of any 701 YRC Trenton drivers who are still working. Everyone I knew has long since retired with that fat $8,000-$9,000 a month 701 pension. Like you said it will be interesting. Ernie Soehl, national freight director, is president of 701. And his hand pick eastern region freight director, Billy Cunningham, was or still is the president of 641.

Comment

Some of the Red Star guys retired or passed away. I think guys like Keith K and Mike R are still in the Trenton terminal. I don't think I know of any 701 YRC Trenton drivers who are still working. Everyone I knew has long since retired with that fat $8,000-$9,000 a month 701 pension. Like you said it will be interesting. Ernie Soehl, national freight director, is president of 701. And his hand pick eastern region freight director, Billy Cunningham, was or still is the president of 641.
                WOW ,$8-9000 a month, holy chit.I thought our pension in NY was pretty good before the 29% they took ,a few years back, nothing like those numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by 1484-1075 View Post
                  WOW ,$8-9000 a month, holy chit.I thought our pension in NY was pretty good before the 29% they took ,a few years back, nothing like those numbers.
                  Yes Local 701 Teamsters did very well. Back in the early 70s 701 took a .35 cent an hour raise and put it into it's pension fund. Back then we laughed at them for working below scale. Anyways who cared about a pension. We wanted that money in our pockets. The 701 fund grew to be so fat that it's attorney swindled $3 million from it. He faked his drowning and they finally caught him living like a king in the Maldives Islands.

Comment

I thought the 701 pension went belly up..

Comment

You nailed it completely 2631...All our YRC buddies are long gone because of what used to be that great pension...Even at ABF,all the 701 Carolina guys are long gone...Don't know if you were at ABF yet,but a couple Carolina guys retired in their ''40s'' making more money retired then if they stayed working...Even though it's been cut in half,still better then most...A couple retirees not only at YRC,but ABF also came back to work part time because of the pension situation...Yes 2631,as president of 701,Ernie's going to fight to keep the dues money coming in...There's always been an underlying level of animosity between YRC and NP for obvious reasons...NP,like Red-Star,like APA,has always been a working job,where as Yellow has always been,well,Yellow...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                        Not that I know of but I've been gone since 2010. Maybe Wizard knows since the office workers at ABF in Avenel are 701

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                          No crazy,for a lot of members it was cut in half...Guys retired making 80-90 thousand are now making 40-50 thousand...Where do I sign up????

Comment

Not that I know of but I've been gone since 2010. Maybe Wizard knows since the office workers at ABF in Avenel are 701
                            No crazy,for a lot of members it was cut in half...Guys retired making 80-90 thousand are now making 40-50 thousand...Where do I sign up????
                            I knew I saw local 701 someplace on a list .. Scroll down to page 32.. Says they have applied for help..

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R45311

Comment

You nailed it completely 2631...All our YRC buddies are long gone because of what used to be that great pension...Even at ABF,all the 701 Carolina guys are long gone...Don't know if you were at ABF yet,but a couple Carolina guys retired in their ''40s'' making more money retired then if they stayed working...Even though it's been cut in half,still better then most...A couple retirees not only at YRC,but ABF also came back to work part time because of the pension situation...
                              WOW 701 guys like Randy had their pensions cut in half. I knew a fella who retired at 43 from 701 Lestician trucking in Trenton with a 25 year service pension. He started in the warehouse at 18 and I think he around $4,000.

That brings me back to my last post with 701 getting paid less with more being contributed into the pension fund. Didn't ABF have to pay the Carolina 701 Teamsters the same scale as we did at ABF in Avenel? And didn't ABF still have to contribute more into their 701 pensions than it paid into our 560 pensions?

Yes 2631,as president of 701,Ernie's going to fight to keep the dues money coming in...There's always been an underlying level of animosity between YRC and NP for obvious reasons...NP,like Red-Star,like APA,has always been a working job,where as Yellow has always been,well,Yellow...
                              You've got that right. We were called dashers by the larger nationwide carriers. Maybe that's why most APA and Red Star Teamsters didn't have a problem getting hired on with ABF, Yellow and New Penn. I remember the Red Star steward sending a couple of us bottom guys over to Roadway in S. Kearny for a days work. I don't know if you remember the Roadway steward Big Stash. He grabbed me and say not to pull that Red Star shit here. I asked him what he meant. He said you Red Star guys are dashers and are out of the tractor before it even comes to a stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X