Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Default Re: Pension relief in the budget reconciliation process

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Ha ha. The only troubling thing I saw was a Democrat voted no along with the Republicans.
    Who was that &@#%*&% so and so? I want to take him off my Christmas list.

2. LOL crazy LOL this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired

Heard something earlier on the radio that the actual covid relief is only 9% of the whole package.91% pork except for the pension relief.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Now is the part of the process that worries me the most.

In a courtroom-like setting with high-stakes legislative consequences, staffers for both parties will argue over whether critical pieces of Biden’s coronavirus relief plan run afoul of arcane budget rules. The referee in this dispute: the Senate parliamentarian, or the upper chamber’s official adviser on procedural matters, who could opine as soon as Wednesday or Thursday on what's in and what's out.

Hiking the minimum wage to $15 an hour is on the docket, in addition to pension issues and subsidies meant to help laid-off workers remain on their health insurance plans.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...xy5?li=BBnb7Kz

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    Now is the part of the process that worries me the most.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...xy5?li=BBnb7Kz
    Munchkin from West Virginia says it wants to add an amendment for the minimum wage to be increased to $11 an hour. Might get interesting..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

still waiting for the senate parliamentarian to make here ruling. It's expected either today or tomorrow. I can't find anything on it other than the minimum wage.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

From Facebook Teamster pension crisis

eamsters Pension Crisis
    3tsSpoionhsSored ˇ
    Post # 5509
    "ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO RIGHT NOW," "EVERYBODY NEEDS HELP BECAUSE OF 'COVID"...MIKE WALDEN NUCPP
    "We've seen no less than 10 bills and proposals in the time I've been doing this, since the beginning of 2013. It's time," said MIKE WALDEN, the president of the advocacy group National United Committee to Protect Pensions. "I personally am optimistic they'll get something done, because everybody needs help right now because of COVID."*
    *"The funding crisis, which has grown worse over the past decade, was spurred by a cocktail of factors including deregulation of several union industries in the 1980s and baby boomers aging out of the workforce en masse."*
    *"If Congress does not intervene, several large pension plans are slated to run out of money within the next four years, including the 256,000-member Central States Pension Fund."

https://www.law360.com/employment-au...fb9HLAneYoyG50

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Teamster pension crisis

Post # 5508
    "RULES COMMITTEE & SENATE PARLIAMENTARIAN :: TWO LAST REMAINING EVENTS BEFORE A HOUSE FLOOR VOTE"...
    Though here is a potential Timeline, Yahoo News might not be the most reliable, FYI, The Parliamentarian was projected to respond by Tuesday Night or Wednesday Morning, (2/24 TODAY)...
    And as per RULES COMMITTEE announcement they take up American Rescue Act Friday Feb.26th..
    https://www.yahoo.com/.../democrats-want-enact-stimulus...

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

I would hope all those Republican politicians are paying attention to this..

Poll: Majority of Republicans Back Biden's $1.9T Relief Plan

A majority of Republican voters supported President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package, according to a new poll.

The Morning Consult poll found 60 percent of Republicans supported the stimulus bill, scheduled to be voted on this week. Of that majority, 34 percent said they strongly supported the measure, and 26 percent said they somewhat supported it.

Democrats (89 percent) and independents (71 percent) were bigger supporters of the coronavirus relief package, per Newsweek on Wednesday.

Overall, 76 percent of Americans said they supported the package, which included $1,400 direct payments to eligible citizens, extended unemployment benefits, and funded states and local governments.

The survey was conducted Feb. 19-22 with 2,013 registered U.S. voters. It reported a plus/minus margin of 2 percent.

The Morning Consult poll produced results similar to those from a Quinnipiac University survey earlier this month. Quinnipiac found 64 percent of Republicans supported $1,400 stimulus checks.

Biden's proposed stimulus package was approved by the House Budget Committee on Monday. The bill will be voted on in the House and, if approved, move to the Senate.

With Democrats holding a majority in the House, the bill was expected to be approved in the lower chamber. The Senate, however, was a different story as a 50-50 party makeup included many Republicans who objected to the cost.

American University Government Department professor James A. Thurber told Newsweek on Tuesday he thought the bill was "dead in the Senate, unless there's some miracle."

Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, said Tuesday she believed the package wouldn't get any Republican support, which would require Vice President Kamala Harris to cast a tiebreaking vote.

Ten Republican senators proposed a $618 billion stimulus package, which included $1,000 direct payments, when they met with Biden recently.

"We are looking at amendments, but they pretty much stalled," Collins said. "The administration has not indicated a willingness to come down from its $1.9 trillion figure and that's a major obstacle.

"I would be surprised if there was support in the Republican caucus if the bill comes out at $1.9 trillion, even if we're able to make some beneficial changes."

https://www.newsmax.com/us/poll-repu...24/id/1011406/

11. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I would hope all those Republican politicians are paying attention to this..
    It appears that they are not listening to the polls. I hope the voters remember this in 2022.

Republicans have united against President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package, including several moderate senators who said the legislation is excessive and goes beyond the problems resulting from COVID-19.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...0Lz?li=BBnb7Kz

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast